If you have been hurt in a car/truck accident
If you get into an accident with a truck, you’re going to need a law firm with experience in trucking litigation. For more than 55 years, the truck and car accident lawyers at Munley Law have been fighting for car and truck accident victims across Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey. We have won millions for our clients and received recognition from our peers as being one of the best trucking litigation law firms in the United States.
Why are Truck-Car Accidents So Devastating?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, nearly 500,000 large trucks are involved in traffic accidents in the United States every year. Approximately 5,000 of these accidents involve semi-trailer trucks and result in fatalities. In fact, one of every eight traffic fatalities is caused by a collision with a large truck. Most deaths that occur in these accidents are the passengers of the automobiles. Drivers of trucks typically remain uninjured.
The average automobile weighs approximately 3,000 pounds, while a typical, fully-loaded large commercial truck can weigh 80,000 pounds or more. While statistics show that truck drivers are generally more careful on the road that automobile drivers, collisions caused by a trucker’s negligence can lead to the most catastrophic injuries on the road.
What To Do If You Are In A Truck-Car Crash
If you have been in a car and truck accident, follow these steps:
- Do not sign anything given to you by an insurance company without consulting us, first. Insurance companies do not represent your interests. Your best decision is to educate yourself about your legal rights and speak to an attorney. You may have to sue to obtain the money to which your are entitled.
- Don’t be fooled by insurance adjusters who pretend to represent your interest. They will often attempt to convince you to sign papers and take settlement offers which are well below the compensation to which you are entitled.
- Document your injuries early, get competent medical treatment and take photographs in the hospital, or when you get home.
- Keep track of all expenses related to your injury, including prescription receipts, logged mileage for trips to doctors’ offices or physical therapy appointments, and home care expenses.
- Keep an ongoing, detailed list of all health care providers and facilities that you see to help you cope with your injuries.
- Follow all treatment instructions and keep all scheduled appointments with your doctors and therapists to document your active cooperation with the healing and rehabilitation process.
Why You Need A Truck and Car Accident Lawyer
Munley Law has consistently been named to the Best Lawyers in America and have received the highest peer review ratings possible from Martindale Hubbell. Additionally, we have achieved some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the country for our clients. Our expert car and truck accident attorneys collaborate on our cases, so you will have the benefit of having our entire legal team working on your behalf. If you are injured and unable to travel, we will travel to meet you wherever you are located.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a trucking accident in Pennsylvania, New York, or New Jersey, call us today at 855-866-5529 or use our online contact form. We will provide you with a FREE consultation and help you decide how to proceed after your accident.