At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we know that experiencing a personal injury is never part of your daily plans when leaving the safety of your home in Suscon, PA. Yet, during your commute to work in Luzerne County, or on a quick run to the store, the unexpected can happen. In fact, in 2016, there were 39.5 million physician office visits for unintentional injuries.
If you or your loved one has experienced a serious injury, don’t deal with the aftermath alone. We are here to help. Our highly experienced local attorneys can assist you in pursuing the maximum amount possible of compensation for your injuries. Call Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys at 844-385-9601 for a free consultation or feel free to chat live or email us. We have been named among the nation’s best law firms.
Our Practice Areas of Personal Injury Law in Suscon, PA
Personal injury is an expression that covers many areas of law. The purpose of personal injury law is to provide compensation to the injured party for the loss and to discourage others from committing the same offense.
Our firm has decades of experience in handling the following claims:
- Premises liability or slip-and-fall: Slip-and-fall accidents result in over 1 million emergency room visits each year. Property owners have a legal responsibility to maintain a safe environment for visitors (not including trespassers). If a visitor is injured due to neglect, the owner could be held liable. This law applies to houses, stores, restaurants, airports, offices, parking lots, and even sidewalks.
- Auto accidents: A car accident can happen in a split second. Each year, in the US, an average of 3 million people are injured in auto accidents. In fact, in Luzerne County alone, 34 people lost their lives in auto accidents in 2019. Often, the cause of these accidents turns out to be negligent drivers. Examples of driver error include speeding, failing to yield, texting while driving, tailgating, and driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Commercial truck accidents: While auto accidents can be traumatic, commercial truck accidents can often be catastrophic. Due to the immense size of such vehicles, these accidents frequently result in serious life-changing or fatal injuries to the victims. In Pennsylvania, in 2019 alone, there were 8,125 accidents that involved large trucks and buses. These cases can be particularly complex since commercial truck accidents can involve several potentially liable parties.
- Workers’ compensation: Every employer in the country has a responsibility to provide a safe work environment. Nevertheless, in the US, a worker is injured on the job every 7 seconds. The company in Luzerne County may hold workers’ compensation insurance, but the adjuster may only seek to minimize the cost of your claim. Further, other parties may also be liable.
- Social Security Disability: A person may qualify for SSD benefits when he or she suffers a mental or physical disability that prevents the daily routine of work. However, there is only a 47 percent approval rate for SSD in Pennsylvania. Obstacles to receiving disability payments can include insufficient evidence and failure to cooperate. Some cases may have to be argued in court with the help of an experienced lawyer.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death occurs when someone is killed by a negligent act (not including self-defense). A wrongful death may be emotionally difficult to deal with because it could have been prevented if the person or entity had been competent. Some common causes of wrongful death include pedestrian and bicycle accidents, defective products, and medical malpractice.
Of course, this list is not exhaustive. Our firm has extensive experience with all types of personal injury cases. Please consult with us and let our lawyers help you arrive at an informed decision regarding your case.
Consult Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Suscon, PA For Free
After you experience a personal injury in Luzerne County, you may feel overwhelmed by the change in circumstances. Mounting medical bills, the inability to return to work, and increased physical pain can cause you great distress.
Don’t go it alone. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys’s Pennsylvania personal injury attorneys with decades of experience can help you recover medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and more. We have successfully won millions of dollars in compensation for many victims of personal injuries.
To find out what we can do for you, call us at 844-385-9601 anytime day or night. Also, our live chat on our site is available 24/7. Remember: our consultation is free, and we only get paid if we win.