Please check back for future scholarship opportunities for the 2023-2024 school year.
We are pleased to announce that Sophia Alles, Glen Ellyn, IL, has been selected as the winner of the Fall 2019 Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys $5,000 Scholarship.
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Personal Injury Lawyers, a nationally recognized truck accident law firm, has offered scholarships to graduating high school seniors, currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate, or law school students in good standing with their college, university or law school in the United States. Read on to learn more about past scholarship winners. Information about upcoming scholarships will be announced on this web page and on Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys’s social media.
- You must be a legal resident of the United States
- You must be 18 years or older on or before the Scholarship’s disbursement
- You must have proof of enrollment and good standing in a college, university, medical school, or law school by the time the scholarship is disbursed. Examples include: Enrollment verification letter from the registrar’s office, acceptance letter, course registration for upcoming semester, etc.
- Students who have an immediate member of their family (e.g., parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, sibling, or member of their household) who is employed by or is a director of Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys or any other companies associated with the administration, development, or fulfillment of this contest are not eligible to participate.
Entry Format – Please Read Carefully
You may submit your entry in one (1) of the following two (2) formats:
- Microsoft® Word Document Maximum length is 600 words with a maximum file size of 2 MB. The word count does not include the title of your essay, your byline, or any citations you may choose to include. Essays should be typed and double-spaced.
- Video Presentation Video not to exceed 5 minutes in length with a maximum file size of 20 MB. You may not include any individual other than yourself in the video.
The format that you select to submit your submission (Submission) will not influence the contest judges’ evaluation of your Submission. Please review the criteria on which your entry will be judged before beginning your essay or video.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Originality – 40%
- Grammar and style 15%
Submissions will be judged by a panel made up of Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys lawyers and qualified staff. Judges will determine the Submission that has received the highest combined total score and the entrant of that Submission will be deemed to be the winner. In the event of a tie, the Judges will determine the winning Submission based on the Submission that received the highest score for persuasiveness.
Information to Include With Your Entry – Please Read Carefully
All Submissions must contain the following information:
- Your full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Proof of legal residency in the U.S. This may be a drivers’ license, state-issued photo ID or any government-issued ID, passport, utility bill, credit card statement, or bank statement. If submitting credit card statements or bank statements, please black-out any identification numbers, account numbers, and financial information.
- The name and address of the college, graduate school, medical school, or law school that you currently attend or plan to attend.
- If a graduating high school senior, the name and address of the high school you currently attend.
How to Submit – Please Read Carefully
To enter, please email your Submission and Entry Information to sc**********@mu****.com. Submissions directed to any other address or email address will not be considered.
The Submission deadline is April 29, 2019. Submissions received after that date will not be considered.
Please do not call the Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys office with questions regarding the Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Scholarship.
More About Your Submission – Please Read Carefully
Once you have sent in a Submission, you may not change or edit the Submission.
Submissions that do not include all required information and that do not strictly conform to all the requirements set forth on this page will be considered void and disqualified and will not be judged.
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys is not responsible for an entrant’s failure to properly complete each step of the registration process nor do they have responsibility or liability for any Submission that is corrupted or otherwise non-functioning.
We are not liable for Submissions that were not received, for any reason, and we cannot be held responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete applications.
Submission Requirements – Please Read Carefully
- A Submission must be totally your original creation, not infringe or in any way violate any third party’s intellectual property rights. The Submission: (A) must be in English; (B) must be in one (1) of the two (2) formats specified above; and (C) must answer the question: Which amendment to the Constitution of the United States do you find most meaningful, and why?.
- A Submission may not contain any obscene, lewd, violent, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate language, behavior, or slogans.
- Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it or its representatives determine, in their sole discretion, do not comply with the rules as stated herein.
- The winner will be announced on our website, Facebook and LinkedIn pages
- Checks will be made payable to the college, graduate school, medical school, or law school of the Scholarship recipient.
- As a condition of entering the contest and receiving any prize, the winner will be required to consent to the use of their name, age, area of residence, and school name.
- Winners will also be required to submit a photo for announcement on all media without limitation, throughout perpetuity, without additional compensation, notice to, or approval from winner or any other party.
- After winning, for tax purposes only, you may be asked to provide your permanent address.
- The winner’s contact information will not be distributed, sold, or shared with third parties who are not affiliated with the Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
Winner agrees to use the Scholarship prize for education purposes only: tuition and or related expenses. Entrant represents and warrants that s/he has the legal capacity to enter this Contest, that the Submission is original and has been legally created by the entrant; does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and has not been published or distributed previously in any media. Additionally, Submitter represents and warrants that s/he owns all rights and title to the Submission.
Each submitter understands and acknowledges that they will not be paid for or receive any form of compensation for his/her submission. Winner will receive only scholarship funds not to exceed the amount advertised.
Each Submitter further agrees to indemnify and hold Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of the Submission, or the Submitter’s conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.
Erin Agnew, Temple University Beasley School of Law, winner of the Spring 2019 Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Scholarship
Erin’s essay on John Adams won her the “Portrait of a Founding Father” scholarship contest.
“A team of committed, kind people who are invested in their community!”
Ozzarah Watson Georgia State University, winner of the Fall 2018 Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Scholarship:
Ozzarah’s video on the 24th amendment to the Constitution of the United States and the importance of voting rights earned her the Fall 2018 Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys scholarship.
“I was chosen as one of the recipients of the $5,000 Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Scholarship. I can not express my gratitude enough to the Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Firm. Their philanthropy and generosity truly speaks to their willingness not only to help their community through law, but also through the promotion of education. The fact that they are voluntarily helping students like me achieve their goals says a lot about their character. Thank you so much to Ms. Kelsey and all of the wonderful people at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys!”