The $5,000 Munley Law Scholarship
The personal injury attorneys at Munley Law have worked with the outstanding citizens of Pennsylvania for over 55 years, assisting and representing those hurt by others in a variety of accidents. We understand the financial struggles that come with such accidents and seek to bring peace of mind to those who are recovering from an accident. We built our practice on the search for fair compensation for injured parties.
We wish to extend a hand of good faith by helping others outside the court of law. To this end, we are proud to announce our Munley Law Scholarship. With the cost of tuition rising each year, we want to help alleviate some of the costs to help students advance their education. Munley Law is offering $5,000 to a graduating high school senior, currently enrolled undergraduate, graduate, or law school student in good standing with their college, university or law school in the United States.
- Be a legal resident of the United States
- Be 18 years or older at the time of the Scholarship’s disbursement (May 30, 2018)
- Have proof of enrollment and good standing in a college, university, or law school by the time the scholarship is disbursed on May 30, 2018
- If a graduating high school senior, have a sealed, official transcript from your high school by the time the scholarship is disbursed on May 30, 2018. (This will replace proof of enrollment and good standing in a college, university, or law school)
Students who have an immediate member of their family, e.g., parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, sibling, or member of their household, whether or not related, who are employed by or are a director of Munley Law or any other companies associated with the administration, development, or fulfillment of this contest are not eligible to participate.
How to Apply
We want you to write an essay or create an original video submission answering this question: What amendment to the Constitution is the most meaningful to you and why?
You may submit your essay in one (1) of the following three (3) formats:
• (A) Microsoft® Word Document – consisting of a maximum of 500 words with a maximum file size of 2 MB;
• (B) Microsoft® PowerPoint Presentation – with a maximum file size of 10 MB; or
• (C) Video Presentation – in an Mpeg or Quicktime file not to exceed 5 minutes in length with a maximum file size of 20 MB.
The format that you select to submit your submission (Submission) will not influence the contest judges’ evaluation of your Submission. Submissions exceeding the maximum designated length (500 words/five minutes) or handwritten essays may not be considered.
All Submissions must contain the following information:
• Full name and contact information
• Proof of legal residency in the U.S.
• The name and address of the college, graduate school or law school that you are currently attending or wish to attend
• Proof of current enrollment, and good standing, in either an undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States–Examples include: Enrollment verification letter from the registrar’s office, acceptance letter, course registration for upcoming semester, etc.
To enter, please email your typed and double spaced Submission or video file to email@example.com. Submissions directed to any other address or email address will not be considered. The Submission deadline is April 30, 2018. Submissions received after that date will not be considered.
The winner will be announced on our website, Facebook and Google+ pages on May 30, 2018.
Checks will be made payable to the college, graduate school or law school of the Scholarship recipient.
*Please do not call the Munley Law office with questions regarding the Munley Law Scholarship.
Once you have sent in a Submission, you may not change or edit the Submission.
Submissions that do not include all required information and that do not strictly conform to all of the requirements set forth on this page will be considered void and disqualified, and will not be judged.
Munley Law is not responsible for an entrant’s failure to properly complete each step of the registration process nor do they have responsibility or liability for any Submission that is corrupted or otherwise non-functioning.
We are not liable for Submissions that were not received, for any reason, and we cannot be held responsible for lost, late, illegible, or incomplete applications.
A Submission must be totally your original creation, not infringe or in any way violate any third party’s intellectual property rights. The Submission: (A) must be in English; (B) must be in one (1) of the three (3) formats specified above; and (C) must relate to an Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
A Submission may not contain any obscene, lewd, violent, offensive or otherwise inappropriate language, behavior or slogans.
Should you choose to submit your Submission in a video presentation you may not include any individual other than yourself in the video.
Munley Law reserves the right to disqualify any Submission that it or its representatives determine, in their sole discretion, do not comply with the rules as stated herein.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Originality – 40%
• Grammar and style 15%
• Submissions will be judged by a panel made up of Munley Law lawyers and qualified staff. Judges will determine the Submission that has received the highest combined total score and the entrant of that Submission will be deemed to be the winner. In the event of a tie, the Judges will determine the winning Submission based on the Submission that received the highest score for persuasiveness.
As a condition of entering the contest and receiving any prize, each winner will be required to consent to the use of their name, age, area of residence, and school name. Winners will also be required to submit a photo for announcement on all media without limitation, throughout perpetuity, without additional compensation, notice to, or approval from winner or any other party. Entrant/winner agrees to transfer and assign all rights and title of Submission to Munley Law.
After winning, for tax purposes only, you may be asked to provide your social security number and permanent address.
Your social security number and contact information provided in your application will not be distributed, sold, or shared with third parties who are not affiliated with the Munley Law Scholarship.
Terms & Conditions
Winner agrees to use the Scholarship prize for education purposes only: tuition and or related expenses.
Entrant represents and warrants that s/he has the legal capacity to enter this Contest, that the Submission is original and has been legally created by the entrant; does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and has not been published or distributed previously in any media. Additionally, Submitter represents and warrants that s/he owns all rights and title to the Submission.
Each submitter understands and acknowledges that they will not be paid for or receive any form of compensation for his/her submission. Winner will receive only scholarship funds not to exceed $5,000.00
Each Submitter further agrees to indemnify and hold Munley Law harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of the Submission, or the Submitter’s conduct in creating a Submission or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation.