Injured in an Accident in Reading? Call Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Today.
If you were the victim of an accident caused by someone else’s negligence in the Reading area, you may not know what your next steps should be. Should you accept the settlement check the insurance company is offering? How will you pay for any medical expenses? If you were injured on the job, will you get fired? It’s natural to have questions like these, which is why it’s always important to speak with an experienced Reading personal injury lawyer to see what legal options are available to you.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
For more than 60 years, Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys has been helping injury victims throughout Pennslyvania with their personal injury needs. We understand the difficulties you may be facing in getting compensation for your injuries. That’s why our Reading personal injury lawyers take the time to sit down with you and explain what legal options are available. The first consultation with our injury law firm is always free, giving you the opportunity to get the advice you need to know what your options are and to learn how we can help you recover from the accident.
For immediate assistance, please call our experienced personal injury attorney, chat online, or fill out our contact form. Hablamos Espanol.
How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Case?
A common question our Reading personal injury lawyers generally receive is whether someone has a case against an at-fault party for their injuries. And it all comes down to whether your case meets the following elements:
The at-fault party owed you a duty of care. For example, a medical professional has the legal responsibility to protect their patient from harm. This could mean they provide the best medical treatment possible to that patient. Another example is a truck driver who is responsible for keeping alert and driving safely while on the road.
The at-fault party had breached their duty. The accident was caused because that person had failed in their duty to keep you safe from harm. A driver, for instance, who gets behind the wheel of the car after having a few drinks is breaching their duty to keep other drivers on the road safe.
The breach had caused an injury. Because the at-fault party was acting negligently and caused the accident, you had received an injury.
And finally, the accident resulted in damages. Damages often refer to any losses you may have received from the accident. This includes medical expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and lost wages.
If your personal injury case meets the above criteria, then you may have a negligence claim against an individual or business. But the only way to be certain is to contact Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as possible.
Why Choose Our Reading Personal Injury Attorneys?
There are hundreds of personal injury law firms throughout Berks County. So, what makes Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys stand out?
Our accident lawyers have built a reputation as national leaders in personal injury litigation. Not only have we won millions for our clients throughout Pennsylvania, but we have gained the respect of our peers and prestigious legal publications. Our lawyers are routinely asked to speak at conferences throughout the nation about personal injury matters. Three of our partners have been board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and many of our attorneys have been consistently recognized by Best Lawyers of America, Super Lawyers, LawDragon, and many other legal awards.
Not only do our attorneys have the expertise and successful track record needed to get you the compensation you deserve but our lawyers are compassionate and committed to their clients. We will make every effort to keep you informed about how your case is progressing and advise you of any settlement offers you receive. If we are unable to reach an agreement, we will represent your interest in the courtroom and aggressively fight for your rights.
Take a look at what our clients have to say about our law firm. We welcome the opportunity to represent you and will make sure you get the maximum amount of compensation for your losses.
How Can an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney Help You With Your Case?
It may be tempting to just accept the first settlement offer you receive from the insurance company, especially if you’re suffering from serious injuries and have a large financial debt hanging over your head thanks to the accident. But before you do, know that hiring an experienced personal injury lawyer for your claim can improve your chances of getting the amount of compensation that your claim is truly worth instead of a settlement that barely covers your costs.
An injury attorney can also help you in the following ways:
Estimate How Much Your Claim is Worth
Many times the insurance company will offer you a quick settlement that doesn’t cover all your expenses. And unfortunately, you may not figure this out until after you accepted the settlement. By sitting down with our injury attorney, we can go over all your expenses and give you a rough estimate of how much your claim is truly worth.
Gather the Evidence Needed for Your Claim
Many times, accidents can become a case of he said/she said. Everyone is willing to point fingers and place blame on anyone but themselves. But what you need is concrete evidence that shows that the other party is liable for your injuries. A personal injury lawyer will gather the evidence, speak with experts, and contact witnesses to prove who is responsible.
Negotiate a Fair Settlement With the Insurance Company
Arguing with the insurance company is never easy, especially if you don’t have the experience to do so. The adjuster can easily bully you or find ways to delay or outright deny your claim. But with a skilled personal injury lawyer at your side, you have someone in your corner, ready to fight on your behalf.
Protect your rights and provide fair representation. If negotiations break down, you need a personal injury lawyer who will represent you in a court of law. Our skilled attorneys have years of experience at both the negotiation table and in the courtroom.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases in Reading
Q: What Type of Personal Injury Cases Does Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Handle in Reading?
A: Our Reading, PA personal injury lawyers have experience in all types of personal injury claims. We are particularly knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Truck accidents – Getting into an accident with a tractor trailer can cause catastrophic injuries. These types of cases can be extremely complex since multiple parties can be held responsible. If you get into a truck accident on Route 222, Route 422, or anywhere in Berks County, don’t wait. Call our Reading truck accident lawyers as soon as possible.
- Car accidents – Whenever you are injured in a car accident in Reading, it’s always wise to speak with Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys to learn what options are available. Dealing with the insurance company can be difficult and they may try to bully you into accepting a settlement quickly. Don’t let them do that until you speak with our Reading, PA car accident lawyers.
- Workers’ compensation – When you are hurt on the job, workers’ compensation benefits are meant to pay your bills while you recover from your injury. But many times, the insurance company will deny your claim or delay payments. That’s when you turn to a Reading, PA workers’ compensation attorney at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys to help you with your claim.
- Premises liability – From dog bites to slip and falls and explosions, when you get into an accident on another person or company’s property, it is the responsibility of the property owner to pay your expenses. But if they refuse to pay, it’s time to call the Reading premises liability lawyer at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys.
- Medical malpractice – When the negligence of a medical professional causes injury or serious illness, it can be life-changing for you and your family members. You need a legal advocate in Berks County to fight on your behalf and get you the compensation you deserve.
- Product liability – If a manufacturer puts a defective product on the shelf, they need to be held accountable for any injuries they may sustain. Let the Reading, PA product liability lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys help you in your time of need.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one in a tragic accident can be hard on a family. Not only do you are you grieving, but you have to deal with the expenses left behind. At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we understand what you’re going through. Our compassionate Reading wrongful death lawyers will help you get the compensation your family needs.
- Motorcycle accidents – Our Reading, PA motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to help you after an accident involving motorcycles. Having a local personal injury law firm on your side will ensure a swift victory.
Q: How Do I Know I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in Reading?
A: Any time you were in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless actions, it’s always best to speak with an injury attorney who can advise you on what your next steps should be. This is especially true in the following situations:
- You suffered a major injury
- It is unclear who is at fault for the accident
- The insurance company has delayed payment or denied your claim
- The insurance company offers a settlement this doesn’t cover all your expenses
- You have questions about your rights or about the accident
Q: How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit in Reading?
A: The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Pennsylvania is two years. That’s why it’s always best to speak with a personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Q: How Long Will My Case Take?
A: That depends on the complexity of your case and how willing the other party is to work with you. In some cases, it can take only a month or two to settle your claim; in other cases, it can take years.
If you have a personal injury claim in Reading or anywhere in Berks County and need an experienced lawyer by your side, the Reading personal injury lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys are here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation. We do not get paid until we win your case.