Injured in Hazleton, PA? A Hazleton personal injury lawyer at Munley Law can help.
The personal injury lawyers handle cases of all sizes. Below is a partial list of some of our settlements and verdicts won for people like you:
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident/Wrongful Death
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Crash
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accident
$4.7 Million Truck Accident
Every day in the Hazleton area, people suffer life-changing injuries due to the negligence of others. They find themselves buried in medical bills and dealing with damages as the result of auto accidents, work accidents, medical malpractice, car and product recalls, slip and falls, and more.
If you live or work in the Greater Hazleton area and have been seriously injured due to the negligence of another, you need the personal injury lawyers at Munley Law to help you get the justice you deserve. Our attorneys have earned national recognition for their work on behalf of injured victims. We have been named among the Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers in PA, and among the nation’s Multi-Million Dollar Advocates. We have earned the highest possible review ratings from our clients and our peers., and have won millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Don’t delay; contact a Hazleton personal injury lawyer immediately to help evaluate your injury case. We have offices conveniently located in Lackawanna County and Luzerne County. Chat live, fill out our contact form, or call (855) 866-5529 today. The consultation is FREE, and we do not charge a fee unless we win your case.
En Munley Law, tenemos abogados y traductores bilingues disponibles para ayudar a nuestros clientes de habla hispana. Ver esta página en español.
What is negligence in personal injury?
In an accident, “negligence” occurs when someone fails to act with reasonable care. When negligence results in harm to another person, the injured person may take legal action against the negligent person. If you were injured or lost a loved one, and it was due to the negligence of another party, then you may have a personal injury claim.
Hazleton is a center for manufacturing and distribution in eastern Pennsylvania with many industrial parks and industry clusters. It is centrally located near many major highways, including Interstates 80, 81, 84 and 380, as well as the Pennsylvania Turnpike. This brings much traffic through Hazleton and Luzerne County, leading to a high rate of car and truck accidents. Hazleton also has rail service via the Reading Blue Mountain & Northern Railroad, as well as Norfolk Southern Railroad to help move freight in and out of area businesses. In addition to auto accidents, Hazleton residents also experience work place accidents. Once an accident results in a serious injury, you need answers you can trust and someone to fight for your rights.
Our Hazleton personal injury lawyers know your personal injury case is unique
Each personal injury case is different. Our attorneys have decades of experience in the following types of personal injury cases:
- Truck Accidents: Hazleton has several large industrial parks, and is located near highways and interstates with heavy traffic. More truck traffic means more truck accidents on area roadways. Trucks are much larger than other passenger vehicles, often weighing 20 to 30 times more. This weight can be a large factor in braking capability and can lead to a tragic crash resulting in serious injuries. Poorly maintained trucks, faulty truck parts, poor road conditions, inexperienced or distracted truck drivers, and truck driver fatigue can all lead to truck crashes in the Greater Hazleton area.
- Car Accidents: Each year, thousands are killed and millions injured in motor vehicle crashes. Many of these car crashes are caused by the negligence of other drivers, including distracted driving, drunk driving and reckless driving. Hazleton is located at the junction of interstates 80 and 81, two of the most heavily traveled highways in the country. With the increase in traffic from growing business and industry in Hazleton, can come an increase in injuries caused by car accidents. If you’ve been the victim of a car accident, call a Hazleton person injury lawyer at Munley Law to review your case.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are largely unprotected and more vulnerable when involved in crash with a car or truck. Motorcycle accidents can lead to serious head injury, neck injury, spine and back injury, fractures and brain injuries. At the very least, the victim of a motorcycle accident is left with severe road rash and scarring. In more severe cases, the victim may be left with brain damage or injuries that lead to death. Our personal injury attorneys will closely examine your case and determine what led to the accident.
- Bus Accidents: People of all ages ride in buses every day. From children going back and forth to school and to after school activities to people traveling to and from work every day and senior citizens and others taking chartered buses to casinos and other excursions. Bus accidents leading to fatalities are all too common in the news. Many passengers don’t wear seat belts when riding in a bus, which can increase the severity of injuries sustained in a bus accident. Who was at fault for your bus accident? Was the bus driver distracted, drowsy, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol? Was the bus driver speeding or driving recklessly? Was the driver properly trained to be driving a bus of a certain size filled with passengers? Perhaps the accident was caused by the driver of a truck or another vehicle that veered into the path of the bus. Whatever the cause, it is important to act quickly. The Hazleton personal injury lawyers at Munley Law can carefully investigate and determine the cause of the crash.
- Train Accidents: Whether you were riding on a train that was involved in an accident, or you were riding in a vehicle that was involved in a train collision in Hazleton, we can help. Train accidents are more common than people realize and they can cause catastrophic injuries. Driver negligence, poorly maintained or poorly marked railroad crossings, defective crossing gates and mechanical defects can all lead to train accidents. Not all personal injury lawyers are knowledgeable in dealing with the laws concerning train accidents and understanding the liability involved. If you’ve been injured in a train crash, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Munley Law can help.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a pedestrian is struck and injured by a car or truck, he or she has the right to seek compensation for injuries suffered. If the driver of the vehicle was negligent, acting recklessly, speeding or distracted, this negligent behavior may have resulted in the accident. When a vehicle strikes a pedestrian, the chance of serious or fatal injury is very high. The pedestrian may have been crossing in a poorly lit area or a driver was simply not paying attention, whatever the cause, an experienced personal injury lawyer can help investigate and determine fault. As an attorney for Hazleton pedestrian and bicycle accidents, we can help you gain full compensation for your injuries. Munley Law will fight on your behalf.
- Premises Liability: Business owners, homeowners and employers have an obligation to keep their property safe and well maintained. A wet or icy parking lot, sidewalk or walkway, or other dangerous condition, can lead to slip, trip or fall injury. Inadequate monitoring of carbon monoxide can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning. Lack of adequate lighting, safety signage, defective sidewalks or escalators, poorly lit walkways or stairways, and unsecured construction materials can all lead to injuries. When a property owner fails to property maintain the premises, fix dangerous conditions, or warn of possible hazards that may put visitors at risk, they may be held accountable when injuries occur. Types of premises liability in Hazleton can include slip & fall, dog bites, drowning cases, elevator and escalator accidents, inadequate securing and fire injuries.
- Product Liability: As a consumer, when you purchase a product, you assume the product is safe and in proper working condition. Defective products and present serious dangers that result in injuries. Defective products can include almost anything, from infant car seats and children’s toys and bicycles to tools, machines and equipment, appliances and car parts. Problems can include design defect, manufacturing defect, or failure to provide adequate warning or instructions. If you have been injured while using a consumer product in Hazleton, call a Hazleton personal injury lawyer at Munley Law today.
- Work & Construction Accidents: There are a wide array of manufacturing and warehouse jobs in Hazleton, where workplace injuries may occur. The personal injury lawyers at Munley Law are experienced in all types of law relating to workplace accidents, including workers’ compensation claims, construction accidents, work-related motor vehicle accidents, heavy machinery accidents, and more. When injured at work, it is important to report your injury and seek medical help quickly. It is also important to determine whether a third party may also be negligent. This may be the case when injured on a construction site with multiple contractors, or in the event of being injured by a faulty machine or tool at work. An experienced Hazleton personal injury lawyer will carefully review your case, help to determine all liable parties and coordinate all possible claims.
- Wrongful Death: When someone dies as the result of the negligence of a person or business, the deceased family may file a wrongful death suit to hold the negligent party accountable. Although no amount of money can ever compensate for the loss of a loved one, fair compensation can help surviving family members deal with the financial consequences, including medical bills, funeral costs, loss of income, loss of companionship, pain and suffering. The personal injury lawyers at Munley Law have handled many wrongful death cases following truck accidents, car accidents, medical malpractice and other accidents. Because of the seriousness of these cases, it is important for you to retain an experienced personal injury attorney you can trust. If you’ve lost a loved one due to the negligence of others, call a Hazleton personal injury lawyer at Munley Law today.
- Medical Malpractice: If you or a family member has been harmed due to the negligence of a medical professional, you need to seek the expertise of a personal injury lawyer today. Medical malpractice can include surgical errors, emergency room errors anesthesia errors, medication errors, birth injuries, misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, nursing home malpractice, hospital acquired infections and other medical errors. In order to pursue a medical malpractice claim, the medical professional must have violated the accepted standard of care, resulting in a patient suffering serious harm or injury. The Munley Law personal injury lawyers can determine if you have a case and help you seek compensation for your injuries.
- Nursing Home Abuse: We entrust loved ones to nursing homes hoping to provide better care and quality of life. Nursing homes are required to provide adequate care and safety for their residents, and when they fail to do so, the results can be tragic. If you suspect a loved one is being abused or neglected in a nursing home, it is important that you report your suspicions immediately. Signs of abuse and neglect can include falls resulting injuries and fractures, infections, prescription errors, dehydration and malnutrition, bed sores, intimidation, isolation and sexual abuse. When an elderly loved one in Hazleton is neglected or abused in a nursing home, they may experience deteriorating health, serious injury and emotional trauma. The Munley Law personal injury lawyers can help.
Do I need a Hazleton personal injury lawyer?
You may not have fully considered the financial impact an accident has on your life. Apart from the pain and suffering you experience after an accident, you may also miss time from work, or be unable to perform your job like you used to. It may take months or years for your to recover, and the emotional toll of an accident that may stay with you for a lifetime.
While no amount of financial compensation can make up for your suffering, it can provide you with the help you need to get your life back on track. Even if your injuries are severe, the insurance company will attempt to pay the lowest possible settlement. As your personal injury lawyers, we will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and fight for you at trial if necessary. A Hazleton personal injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
What sets Munley Law apart from other personal injury law firms?
When looking for a Hazleton personal injury lawyer, how to you know who you can trust?
The personal injury attorneys at Munley Law are some of the most experienced and accomplished in the state in representing the victims of car and truck accidents, as well as workers’ compensation and wrongful death claims.
The personal injury lawyers at Munley Law have been aggressively fighting for the rights of injured victims in Hazleton and throughout Pennsylvania for more than 55 years. The Munley team has handled thousands of personal injury and accident cases and successfully obtained millions in verdicts and settlements. Our experience, skill and familiarity with the Greater Hazleton area is key to our successfully representing the injured and getting the maximum compensation for clients.
We pride ourselves on being accessible and responsive, enabling clients to fully focus on recovering from injuries. See what our past clients have to say about our firm.
How much does it cost to hire a Hazleton personal injury lawyer?
At Munley Law, we work on a contingent fee basis. This means that we don’t collect a fee unless we win your case. No settlement, no fee.
Munley Law – HAZLETON
197 N Cedar St.
Hazleton PA 18201
Injured in the Hazleton area? Make the right choice. Call today to schedule a free consultation with a Hazleton personal injury lawyer. Chat live, fill out our contact form, or call (855) 866-5529 today.