Were you injured in a truck accident? Contact a truck accident lawyer at Munley Law now for a free consultation
Munley Law recently settled a truck accident case for $4.7 million
In 2015, truck accident lawyers Daniel Munley and Marion Munley achieved the 2nd highest settlement in Pennsylvania – the 25th highest in the United States – on behalf of one of their trucking clients.
Munley Law is unique in that our firm has developed a special focus on these complex, heavily-defended cases. For more than 55 years, the truck accident lawyers at Munley Law have represented truck crash victims throughout the United States. Our trucking accident attorneys are dedicated experts in aggressively pursuing the justice and compensation that our clients deserve. Each member of our firm has extensive experience in these heavily defended truck injury cases. Our expertise in trucking litigation is known throughout the country. Our lawyers are regularly asked to lecture nationally and internationally on trucking laws.
Our truck accident lawyers are recognized nationwide as industry experts. The truck accident attorneys at Munley Law have consistently named Best Lawyers in America (via the legal guide Best Lawyers), Pennsylvania Super Lawyers (Pennsylvania Magazine), Best Law Firms (U.S. News and World Report), and are proud members of the Million-Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums.
We represent clients from Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Ohio, and nationally. If you are injured and can’t come to us, we are willing to travel to meet with you wherever you are located.
Contact Munley Law for a free consultation by calling toll-free at 855-866-5529 or email us today.
What to Do After a Truck Accident
After a truck crash, seek any necessary medical treatment first and foremost. Then, it is important that you contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Once hired, our experienced truck accident attorneys at Munley Law will preserve vital pieces of evidence, secure the scene of a tractor trailer crash, and take necessary photographs and witness statements. This is critical because evidence can be lost, misplaced or purposely destroyed by the trucking companies. The preservation of that evidence is crucial to proving liability in the collision.
How Our Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Complex tractor trailer accident litigation requires thorough investigation, the opinions of expert witnesses, and the creative use of discovery procedures after the suit is filed. Prompt investigation of the accident scene is crucial. The trucking company will quickly dispatch its own investigators; you need someone on your side who will do the same. Munley Law’s on-staff team of investigators routinely visit accident scenes and take photographs of physical evidence. They will document eyewitness accounts, skid marks, accident debris, as well as oil, gas, and radiator fluid stains at the accident scene. We will also obtain police reports, motor carrier records, witness statements, photographs, and safety logs. The sooner you engage us to represent you, the sooner we can get to work.
Expert Witnesses for Tractor Trailer Accident Cases
Munley Law tractor trailer accident attorneys have long-established relationships with trucking industry experts. These expert witnesses can review the facts of your case and help us plan a winning trial strategy. Other experts including engineers, medical professionals, economists, caregivers, and accident reconstructionists will work alongside us to put your strongest case forward.
Experienced Tractor Trailer and Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck accident cases differ greatly from car crashes and other types of cases. Experience counts when an attorney is handling a personal injury case involving a tractor trailer or 18-wheeler. Truckers and transportation companies must comply with a complex set of federal and state laws and regulations governing hours of service, maintenance and inspection requirements, and other safety protocol. The tractor trailer accident attorneys at Munley Law have in-depth knowledge of these (frequently changing) laws and regulations. We will determine whether a violation of this kind contributed to your accident, and hold the offending driver and/or company responsible.
Cost is No Object When You Hire Our Truck Accident Lawyer
Munley Law charges truck accident clients on a contingency basis. That means that the attorney is only paid if he or she wins money damages for you. This makes it possible for anyone to hire the best possible legal representation. It gives everyone equal access to the justice system and to representation of the same caliber that insurance companies, transportation companies, and other defendants can hire.
Nothing is more devastating than getting into an accident with a tractor trailer. Your injuries may be life-threatening, and medical costs can amount to tens of thousands of dollars. Your insurance may not cover all of your expenses, and you may have difficulties just trying to get back to your life. We are here to help. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, then don’t wait much longer.
Contact Munley Law for a free consultation by calling toll-free at 855-866-5529 or email us today.
Maximum Results for Truck Accident Victims
If you want proof that not all personal injury firms are created equal, look no further than our track record. We won’t settle with the insurance company for less than you deserve, and we will fight in court on your behalf if necessary. When choosing a truck accident lawyer to protect you and your family, consider the following tractor trailer accident settlements and verdicts:
- $8 million
- $6.9 million
- $6.5 million
- $4.7 million
- $4.1 million
- $3.97 million
- $3.8 million
- $3.5 million
- $2.8 million
- $2.25 million
- $1.9 million
- $1.85 million
- $1.8 million
- $1.7 million
- $1.5 million
This represents only a partial list of the settlements we’ve achieved for our clients.
Truck Accident Lawyers Nationwide Look to Munley Law as Industry Experts
Our truck accident lawyers are universally recognized as the best in the industry. When it comes to truck accident cases, other attorneys look to us as the industry experts. Dan Munley and Marion Munley frequently speak at conferences and educational programs nationwide to share their expertise with other attorneys. Below is a list of recent conferences and symposiums where our lawyers have presented:
- “Collision Investigation and Reconstruction in Motor Vehicle Cases,” Keeping the Roads Safe CLE, American Association for Justice Winter Convention, February 12, 2017
- “Spoliation and Preservation of Evidence,” Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys 2016 Annual Symposium, September 28, 2016.
- “Successfully Handling and Litigating the Commercial Truck Case,” Minnesota Association for Justice, May 19, 2016.
- “Trucking Rules of the Road: Essential FMCSA Regulations and the CDL Manual,” New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar, Atlantic City, NJ, April 7, 2016.
- “Major Highway Crash Investigation and the Preservation of Evidence,” Hell on the Highways Seminar, Florida Association for Justice, St. Augustine, FL, December 3, 2015.
- Advocacy360 Conference, “How to Win Trucking Cases.” Las Vegas, NV, November 2, 2015
- American Association for Justice Advanced Trial Advocacy College: Truck Collision Case Litigation. Dallas, TX, October 8, 2015
- New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Convention in Atlantic City, NJ, April 30, 2015: “Discovery Issues in Tractor Trailer Litigation”
- Kentucky Justice Association, “How To Litigate That Big Truck Case”
- AAJ, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, “Why a Truck Collision Case Must Be Handled Differently Than an Auto Collision Case”
- AAJ, Seattle, WA, “Discovery in a Tractor-Trailer Case”
- AAJ, Las Vegas, NV, “Cross-Examining Defense Experts”
- St. Louis, MO, “Violations as a Path to Justice”
- Nashville, Tennessee and Lexington, KY, “Early Discovery in Interstate Trucking Litigation Cases”
- Atlanta, GA, “Spoliation of the Log Books – How Trucking Companies Try to Hide the Truth”
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America Super Summit, St. Louis, MO, “Discovery in a Trucking Litigation Case”
- “The Shell Game, The Deep Dive, The Payoff: Uncovering All the Parties and Finding Hours of-Service and Other Violations to Pursue Punitive Damages.” Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, Columbus, OH, May 6, 2016
- “Preparing for Major Truck Injury Cases,” Melvin M. Belli Seminar, MD July 25, 2014
- Kentucky Association for Justice, “Corporate Representative Deposition in Truck Cases,” Covington, KY
- American Association for Justice Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA, “Investigating Truck Crashes,”
- New Jersey Association for Justice, “Investigating Evidence Exhibits in Truck Cases,” Atlantic City, NJ
- “Discovery in Trucking Cases,” American Association for Justice, Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- “The Butcher, The Baker, and The Candlestick Maker: Persuading the Jury in Tractor Trailer Cases,” American Association for Justice, Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Seminar, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- “Review & Update: All the Latest Regarding Federal regulations,” American Association for justice Litigating Trucking Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- Presenter, “Unique Discovery Issues in Trucking Cases – Not your Daddy’s Deposition,” American Association for Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Seminar, San Francisco, CA
Truck Accident Client Testimonials
“I got into a serious accident with a tractor trailer two years ago, one that took me out of commission for months. The trucking company was fighting my case, saying I was the one who caused the accident. Luckily, I had Dan Munley at my side. He got me the money to help pay the medical bills and much more. He really pulled through for me and my family and I am eternally grateful to him.”
-Trucking Accident Client
“Bob Munley helped me at the worst time of my life. After my accident, I thought I would never recover. But Bob Munley was with me every step of the way. Not only did he get me what I needed, but he made sure I understood what was happening with my case.”
-A Trucking Accident client
“First, I want to tell you I hired another firm for my case before Marion, I did not choose carefully the first time is all I will say. Secondly , I would like to say that I do not give the highest rating to many people or companies without earning it. I can say Marion earned it!! She and everyone I came into contact with in her firm handled my case with the utmost professionalism, as well as true empathy for my situation, while not missing a detail about the facts of the case. I can not leave out her paralegal Janice, she was totally on the ball at all times. My case was a personal injury case ( I was hit by a tractor trailer) which was settled for a very fair settlement ! I am sure whatever your case involves, she will handle it in the same manner. She is a great person and an awesome attorney!! She will fight for you!!”
-Jeffrey, a Personal Injury Client
Truck Accident Questions and Answers
Q: What can I do to protect my rights after a truck accident?
A: As the victim of a truck accident, you have legal rights to compensation for your injuries. However, because trucking accidents often involve multiple responsible parties and insurance companies, obtaining that compensation can be a nightmare. Without legal representation, you’re likely to be bullied out of a fair settlement. Trucking companies will typically have unlimited resources, including teams of lawyers to fight against any lawsuit you may file as a result of an accident—regardless of how injured you are. If you have been hit by a tractor trailer or large commercial vehicle, the best way to protect yourself is to contact an experienced truck accident attorney who will defend your rights and ensure that you are fairly compensated.
Q: What should I do at the scene of a truck accident?
A: While you are at the scene of the accident, be sure to:
- Remain calm and remain in your vehicle, if it is safe to do so
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Call 911, even if your injuries seem minor
- Seek medical attention for yourself and your passengers
- Never leave the scene of the accident
- Get the names, addresses and phone numbers of all parties involved, and any witnesses
- Write down the names and badge numbers of any police officers at the scene
- Take photographs of your vehicle, the truck, and any injuries
- Do not admit fault
Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent; you are not required to give a statement to the other driver’s insurance company.
Q: What should I do if someone from the trucking company calls me before I’ve picked a truck accident lawyer?
A: Do not agree to make a recorded statement to the trucking company or their insurance carrier. Do not sign any forms sent to you by the trucking company and their insurance carrier. Call Munley Law for a free consultation, and we will look at any paperwork they send to you.
Q: What should I do in the days following a truck accident?
A: In the days after a truck accident:
- Get a copy of the police report for your accident
- Get a valuation of the property damage from your insurance company
- Keep track of all doctor’s visits and treatment you receive, and keep a journal of any symptoms or pain you experience. Get copies of all test results, medication prescriptions, treatments, and any other relevant medical information
- Keep a detailed list of any out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- Record days of missed work or other activities/events
- Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance carrier unless you have consulted with a truck accident lawyer
Q: Who can be sued in a truck accident case?
A: In a truck accident case, the truck driver, transportation company, or owner of the truck may be liable. In other cases, the facility responsible for loading the truck, or even the entity responsible for the contents of the trailer can be held responsible as well. Each case is unique, so the best way to determine who is at fault is by speaking with a lawyer. That is why we offer free consultations to our potential clients.
Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a truck accident?
A: In most cases in Pennsylvania and most other states, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. But, it is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible following an accident. Important pieces of evidence regarding vehicle safety standards and driver logs can quickly be lost or destroyed. It is best if we can get to work as soon as possible.
Q: How much will it cost to hire a truck accident lawyer?
A: At Munley Law, we do not collect a fee (a portion of the settlement or verdict) unless we win your case. You will owe us nothing up-front or out of your own pocket.