Nationwide Car Accident Lawyers
The experienced car accident lawyers at Munley Law handle car accident cases of all sizes. We have won millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. Below is a partial list of our major settlements and verdicts won on behalf of clients like you.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident/Wrongful Death
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Crash
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accident
$4.7 Million Truck Accidents
Have you been injured in a car wreck? Contact a car accident lawyer at Munley Law today for a FREE consultation.
When you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, your choice of car accident lawyer matters greatly. The attorneys at Munley Law have consistently been recognized among the Best Lawyers in America (via Best Lawyers), Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, and the nation’s Best Law Firms (U.S. News and World Report). We are proud members of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and have built a reputation for excellence in the legal profession. When you work with us, you can be confident that your car accident case is in the best possible hands.
For more than 60 years, the car accident attorneys at Munley Law have been handling auto accident claims on behalf of injured victims. We know fighting the insurance company on your own is an uphill battle. That’s why you need an experienced car wreck lawyer by your side to help you get the compensation you deserve. Our diligent staff works day and night to make sure your case is handled with the utmost care.
Call today at (855) 866-5529 or use our online form to schedule your free consultation.
Is it Worth Getting a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
Whenever you have to deal with legal matters — be it signing a contract, handling estate matters, or filing a car accident insurance claim — it’s always best to speak with an experienced car accident attorney. After a car accident, you have more pressing concerns to deal with, such as property and medical expenses, loss of income, and recovering from your injuries.
This is why you need someone by your side to help you with your car accident claim. Not only can Munley Law give you the backup you may need to handle the insurance company, but we can help in the following ways:
Negotiate With the Insurance Company
Even before you fully recover from your auto accident, the insurance company will be investigating your claim and sending you a settlement check for the lowest amount possible. Don’t accept this settlement. Instead, you need to negotiate with the insurance carrier to make sure all your expenses are met.
Unfortunately, negotiating with the insurance carrier is never an easy task. You’ll need an auto accident attorney who knows all the tricks the insurance company place to negotiate on your behalf so you get the compensation you deserve.
Calculating Your Damage
To get the right compensation for your car accident, both your current and future expenses need to be taken into account. For example, if you received a traumatic brain injury in a multi-vehicle collision, you may be facing a long road to recovery. Not only do you have medical expenses to deal with right now, but you will be facing a large debt in the future. If you accept the settlement right away, it may cover any costs you’re dealing with now but you may have to pay out of pocket for any future debt.
Speaking with our car accident lawyer, you’ll learn the full value of your claim. Not only will we figure out the economic damages, but any non-economic damages such as pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment, and loss of consortium.
Representing You in Court
We say this all the time: Never go to court without an attorney. If negotiations fail, your case may be heading to the courtroom and you need a trial lawyer with the right experience and know-how to fight for your rights. Munley Law has decades of trial experience, getting a settlement to cover all your expenses.
Is it Worth Getting a Car Accident Lawyer for a Minor Car Crash?
While stopped at a red light, someone hits you from behind. You suffer whiplash but most of the damage is to your car. Is it worth getting a car accident lawyer for a simple fender bender?
The answer is a little more complicated than a simple yes or no answer. It boils down to your injury. Even a minor fender bender could result in a life-long injury. If the following circumstances occurred in your accident, it may be best to speak with an attorney:
- You developed severe injuries: Even a fender bender could result in a concussion or a brain injury. That’s why it’s always important to seek medical help following a car accident.
- You’re not at fault for the accident: If another driver’s carelessness caused your accident, you may need an attorney to help you with your claim.
- The insurance company denied your claim: If the insurance company denied your claim, you may need to speak to an attorney to learn the reasons why and your next steps.
The one thing to remember is there are no requirements when it comes to hiring a car accident lawyer. Each situation is different and it’s difficult to know what the future may bring for your injuries. So even if the accident was minor, it may be helpful to speak with a personal injury lawyer during your free consultation, who can advise you on your next steps.
What Are the Causes of Auto Accidents?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are more than 35,000 fatalities and hundreds of thousands of injuries each year caused by motor vehicle accidents. You will likely be involved in a car accident at least once in your lifetime. There are many types of car accidents and they can have many causes, but the most common cause of car accidents is human error.
These causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving – The number one cause of car accidents in the U.S. today is due to distracted driving. The number of deaths caused by distracted driving is rising each year, with 3,142 deadly crashes due to distracted driving. Distracted driving occurs anytime that you take your eyes off of the road ahead (visual distraction), your hands off of the wheel for any reason (manual distraction), or if your mind starts to focus on something other than driving (cognitive distraction). With distracting technology, such as texting or changing the music on your phone, and distractions along the road, such as bright billboards, many factors can take your attention away from the road.
- Drowsy Driving – If an individual drives while they are fatigued, their driving skills and judgement can be significantly impaired. Driving while drowsy is proven to affect drivers similarly to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and poses a major danger to the individual behind the wheel and other drivers. According to the CDC, being awake for 18 hours or more is similar to having a blood alcohol level of 0.05% or more. Those whose professions require driving late at night or for long periods of time, such as commercial drivers or shift drivers, are at higher risk for unintentionally driving while fatigued.
- Drunk Driving – Driving while intoxicated is the cause of approximately one-third of all car accident fatalities, with more than 10,000 or more deaths due to drunk drivers each year. In the United States, it is illegal to drive with a 0.08% blood alcohol concentration. Driving past this limit seriously affects visual function, reduces coordination, impairs perception of objects and speed, and therefore impairs overall vehicle control. Drunk driving is completely preventable, yet there are still 52 deaths per minute attributed to driving while intoxicated.
- Speeding and Aggressive Driving– Driving at excessive speeds and aggressive driving is one of the top reasons for fatal car crashes in the United States. While exceeding the speed limit accounts for one-third of all auto accident fatalities, driving unreasonably fast for certain conditions also contributes to these speeding car accidents. Speeding during heavy downpours, snowstorms, and congested traffic, for instance, pose a deadly threat to other drivers, pedestrians, and to the driver themselves. Individuals who drive aggressively put everyone else on the road in danger. Aggressive driving includes erratic driving, “break checking”, illegal passing, and weaving aggressively in and out of traffic.
- Poor Weather Conditions – Driving during poor weather conditions significantly increases your chances of a car accident. Certain weather conditions such as ice, fog, snow, and rain will force drivers on the road to slow down and drive cautiously. Unfortunately, while most drivers adhere to the inclement weather conditions, some drivers still drive negligently. Negligent driving during poor weather conditions include drivers who refuse to slow down, turn on their headlights, or maintain a safe distance from other cars.
What Are the Injuries Associated with a Car Accident?
There are a wide range of injuries that can result from a car accident, ranging from minor injuries to life changing injuries. The circumstances of a car accident will affect the severity of injuries, including if a seatbelt was worn, the position of the car crash, or if the collision was high speed or low speed. The most common injuries after a car crash include:
- Whiplash and Neck Injuries
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- Broken Bones
- Compound Fractures
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Herniated Discs
- Amputated Limbs
What Should I Expect in an Auto Accident Settlement?
When car accidents happen, the injuries can be catastrophic, but even seemingly minor injuries can disrupt an injured victim’s life and turn their world upside down. In addition to the physical pain and emotional distress you experience, you may also face unexpected costs or be unable to work. As the injured victim, you may be able to take legal action in order to get reimbursed for these damages. But, navigating the legal process and dealing with insurance companies can be overwhelming. That’s where our team of experienced car accident lawyers can help. Accident victims who have an experienced car wreck lawyer on their side typically receive more than three times the compensation than those who go it alone.
Insurance companies profit by paying as little as possible to automobile policyholders and car accident victims. Never accept an offer from the insurance company without first speaking with a top-rated car crash lawyer who will protect your legal rights. As your representative, a car accident attorney at Munley Law will guide you through the legal process and help ensure that you get every dollar you deserve.
At Munley Law, we help car accident victims file personal injury lawsuits to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Long-term care
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families.
In addition to regular car accidents, we represent victims of bicycle accidents and motorcycle crashes, as well as pedestrians who have been hit by a car or people who were injured by ridesharing cars like Uber and Lyft.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Get Results
Not all car accident law firms are created equal. But how do you know who you can trust to get the maximum compensation for you and your family? Below is a partial list of our car wreck settlements and verdicts. We fight to make sure you get everything you deserve.
- $17.5 Million for a teen killed in a motor vehicle accident
- $7.5 Million for a child injured in a car crash
- $4.4 Million for an automobile accident victim
- $4.3 Million for a motorcycle accident victim
- $3.5 Million for a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle
- $2.25 Million for driver of a van involved in crash with a truck
- $2 Million for a pedestrian killed in a crosswalk
- $1.9 Million for family of victim killed by 16 year old driver
- $1.5 Million for victim killed in crash with a newspaper delivery truck
- $1.2 Million for young child hit by a bus
No Settlement, No Fee – That’s Our Promise to You
At Munley Law, we believe that all people should have equal access to the justice system, regardless of income. That’s why we do not charge a fee for our services unless we win your case. We cover all the upfront costs so that you don’t have to pay anything out of pocket. Our contingent fee (a percentage of the settlement or verdict we obtain for you) will never exceed the total amount paid to you. If we are unable to produce results for your car accident case, you owe us nothing.
Speak to an expert Car Wreck Attorney Today
Getting into a car accident can be a frightening and stressful experience, especially if you are injured. Several questions are probably running through your head at this time: How am I going to pay the medical bills? What if my car can’t be salvaged? Will the insurance company deny my claim? We are here to answer your questions.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car crash, an experienced car accident lawyer at Munley Law is ready to fight for you today. Cost is no object when it comes to hiring a top car wreck attorney at our firm because we do not collect a fee unless we recover financial compensation for you. Call today at (855) 866-5529 or use our online form to schedule your free consultation. Our list of most Frequently Asked Questions on car accidents may provide additional help and guidance.
Car Crash Client Testimonials
We pride ourselves on providing the best service to each and every one of our clients. Below are some testimonials from real people who trusted Munley Law with their car accident cases:
A Car Wreck Client
“You can put your trust into Chris Munley. A couple of years ago I got into a car crash and didn’t think I would recover financially. The insurance company had denied my claim and I thought that was that. But thanks to Mr. Munley, I got the money I needed from the insurance company and I was able to get on with my life. Thank you again, Mr. Munley.”
Personal Injury Client
“My car accident last year kept me out of work for over a month. I was afraid of losing my job, the medical bills were piling up and the insurance company would not return my calls. I made the right decision after calling Caroline Munley. She fought the insurance company and helped me get back on my feet. I wholeheartedly endorse her.”
Personal Injury Client
“After my car accident, I was severely injured and the insurance company refused to pay for my expenses. I knew that I needed help. I turned to Robert Munley and he fought for me like no one else has. Not only was he able to get me the money I needed to pay my medical bills but he kept me informed through the entire process. I don’t know where I would be without Robert Munley.”
A Car Wreck Client
“When I got into my terrible auto accident eight months ago, I had nowhere to turn after the insurance company denied my claim. Not only did Dan Munley help me with my case, but he kept me informed every step of the way. Thank you so much for all your work!”
Car Wreck Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A: In some cases, particularly if the accident was minor and you suffered no injuries, car insurance should cover the damages. However, if you’re hurt, it can be difficult to get compensated for treatment, therapy, time missed from work, and more. Statistically, people represented by lawyers get three times more settlement money than people who do it themselves. So, while you don’t need a lawyer, having legal representation can ensure that you receive everything you are owed. If you’re unsure whether or not you need a lawyer, give us a call. There’s no charge for the initial consult, and we can help you determine next steps.
Q: How much does it cost to hire a car accident attorney?
A: At Munley Law, we only collect a fee (a standard percentage of the settlement or verdict) if we win your case. This way, anyone can afford the best possible legal representation, and cost won’t prevent you from getting the justice you deserve.
Q: What can I get reimbursed for after a car crash?
A: If you’ve been hurt in a car crash, you may be compensated for:
- Medical bills
- Time missed from work
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost earning power
Q:What should I do in the days following my wreck?
A: After a car accident, remember to:
- Request a copy of the police report
- Get a quote for the property damage from your insurance company
- Keep a record of all medical appointments, prescriptions, diagnoses, test results, treatment, and any pain you experience.
- Keep track of all expenses related to your accident
- Note any time you were forced to miss from work
- Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance carrier unless you have consulted with a car accident lawyer
Q: What is the difference between full and limited tort?
A: The tort option on your auto insurance policy determines your ability to sue the at-fault party after a car accident. If you have full tort, you may pursue compensation regardless of the severity of your injuries. Limited tort, on the other hand, limits your right to sue. If you have limited tort, you may only sue the at-fault party for the cost of your medical bills, but not for pain and suffering (pain and suffering often make up the bulk of a personal injury case). However, there are some exceptions:
- If you are hit by a drunk driver
- If you are a pedestrian who was hit by a vehicle
- If the defendant’s vehicle is registered out of state
- If you were riding in a commercial vehicle
- If you were riding with a resident relative or spouse who has full tort and you were injured as a passenger in their vehicle
- If the defendant is uninsured
- If your accident resulted in death, permanent severe impairment of a bodily function, or disfigurement
Under the above circumstances, you would effectively “breach” limited tort and enjoy the benefits of full tort.
Munley Law Conveniently Has Locations Throughout Pennsylvania to Serve Our Clients Easier.
Our main locations include:
- Scranton, PA
- Wilkes Barre, PA
- Carbondale, PA
- Hazleton, PA
- Bethlehem, PA
- Stroudsburg, PA
- Allentown, PA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Pittsburgh, PA