Losing a Loved One Because of Negligence
Losing a loved one is devastating under any circumstances. But when your loved one is killed as a result of someone else’s negligence or other preventable cause, the loss is even more heart-wrenching. As funeral costs mount and grief takes hold, legal action may not be on your mind. You may not even be aware of your rights. Let us help.
No amount of money can make up for the loss of a beloved family member or spouse. But, financial compensation can alleviate the financial burdens you may be facing, and provide future security. The knowledge that those responsible for your loss have been brought to justice can provide some peace of mind.
For more than 55 years, the wrongful death attorneys at Munley Law have fought for families who have lost a family member as a result of someone else’s wrongful action. As the leading wrongful death attorneys in Pennsylvania, our team has won millions on behalf of our clients. Chat live, fill out our email form, or call 855-866-5529 today for a FREE consultation.
Your Rights as a Relative
As the spouse, child, parent, grandparent, or legal guardian of the deceased, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit. You may receive compensation for:
- Medical and funeral costs
- Lost earnings and benefits of the deceased
- Loss of care and companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of security for those dependent on the deceased
- Punitive damages
Typical Causes of Wrongful Death
Wrongful death lawsuits are filed by the family of the deceased, whether it’s a spouse, child, or parent. Typical causes of wrongful death lawsuits include:
- Truck Accidents – Each year, approximately 3,600 people are killed in accidents involving large trucks.
- Bus Accidents – There are between 200 and 300 fatal bus crashes each year. While bus accidents are rare, they tend to be particularly devastating when they do occur.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical negligence is among the leading causes of wrongful death.
- Work Injuries – According to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, roughly 4,400 workplace fatalities occur every year.
To learn more about common wrongful death accidents, read our FAQs page here.
Why Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer
The legal aftermath of a death in the family is not something you should ever have to navigate alone. We will answer your questions, help you fill out any paperwork, and deal with the insurance companies. Furthermore, we will not collect a fee unless we recover benefits for you. You will not owe us anything up front or out of pocket. And, our initial consultation is absolutely free. So, you risk nothing by contacting us to speak with a lawyer about your unique situation.
Get the Justice that Your Loved One Deserves
If you lost a loved one in a fatal accident that could have been prevented, you deserve justice. Don’t hesitate much longer – contact the wrongful death attorneys at Munley Law today for a free consultation.