Applications Now Open for the 2019 Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Mid Valley Eight Memorial Scholarship
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys has established a $1,500.00 annual scholarship in memory of the lives and legacies of eight Mid Valley High School students, who were tragically killed in an automobile accident on March 6, 1981: Elizabeth “Lisa” Mecca, Michelle Cizik, Gail Veltri, Jody Hafich, Anthony Lukasik, Greg LaBanic, Michael Cheresko, and David Thomas. These eight students had hopes and dreams of attending college and/or vocational schools but lost their lives before those dreams could be fulfilled. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys would like to honor the memory of these students by contributing to the higher education of a graduating Mid Valley High School student.
The Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Mid Valley Eight Memorial Scholarship will be awarded annually to a chosen, qualified applicant who plans to enroll or will be enrolled in full-time study at an accredited four-year college, university or vocational school for the entire academic year preceding graduation.
To enter, students must answer the following question:
DESCRIBE A SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE AND HOW THAT EXPERIENCE SHAPED YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL.
It can be a positive experience or a negative experience, something you have achieved or a challenge you have overcome. It may be related to your education, your family life, or a world event that has affected you personally. Tell us how and why this experience has shaped who you are and what you hope to do after high school.
Students must also submit 1 adult and 1 peer recommendation that addresses the following:
EXPLAIN HOW THE APPLICANT HAS MADE AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE OR IMPACTED OTHERS.
The student must also submit their high school transcripts as proof of intention to graduate during the current academic year, however, grades will not be a determinative factor in the application process.
Submissions will be judged by panel members made up of Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys firm member(s) and Mid Valley High School alumni, chosen by Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys.
The scholarship money is to be used solely for tuition and fees at an accredited college or vocational school. Funds will be distributed directly to the school.
How to Submit
Please email your Submission and Entry Information to mi******************@mu****.com.
All Submissions must include your full name, address, phone number, email address, and college you plan to attend.
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Grammar and style
You may submit your entry in one (1) of the following two (2) formats:
- Microsoft® Word Document Maximum length is 600 words. The word count does not include the title of your essay, your byline, or any citations you may choose to include. Essays should be typed and double-spaced.
- Video Presentation Video not to exceed 5 minutes in length with a maximum file size of 20 MB. You may not include any individual other than yourself in the video.
The Submission deadline is May 15, 2019. Submissions received after that date will not be considered. A submission must be totally your original creation, not infringe or in any way violate any third party’s intellectual property rights.
- Checks will be made payable to the college or vocational school of the scholarship recipient.
- As a condition of entering the contest and receiving any prize, the winner will be required to consent to the use of their name, age, area of study and school name in public announcement of the scholarship disbursement.
- Winners will also be required to submit a photo for announcement on all media without limitation, throughout perpetuity, without additional compensation, notice to, or approval from winner or any other party.
Terms & Conditions
Winner agrees to use the scholarship prize monies for education purposes only: tuition and or related expenses. Student represents that they have the legal capacity to enter this contest, that they have created their submission and it is original and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Helene Fantozzi: hf*******@mu****.com, or 570-983-3834