Be it an iced, slick walkway, a spill in the grocery store, or an uneven sidewalk when slip and fall accidents occur, you can get a lot more than a bruised knee. Though no one intentionally plans to hurt another with a spill or other surface issue, property owners have a duty of care owed to visitors and guests to keep their properties safe and clear. And when those properties are not properly maintained and you get hurt, you need someone to turn to.
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident in Bethlehem or the surrounding area, allow the personal injury lawyers of Munley Law to take on your case. Our lawyers have over 60 years of experience fighting for the rights of Pennsylvania’s injured.
For a no-obligation, free consultation, contact the slip and fall accident lawyers of Munley Law.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Munley Law is Your Bethlehem Slip and Fall Accident Law Firm
Finding a Bethlehem, PA slip and fall accident lawyer can be overwhelming, especially when you are dealing with injuries and recovery. At Munley Law, we know that the last thing on your mind is contacting dozens of attorneys to take on your premises liability claim. This is why you should start with our Bethlehem lawyers.
The Bethlehem slip and fall accident lawyers at Munley Law have recovered millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for injury victims, and they can take that experience and put it to the test for your claim.
From slip and fall accidents in public spaces to people’s homes, you need to understand that if you were hurt, they should pay.
Common Causes of Bethlehem Slip and Fall Accidents
According to the National Floor Safety Institute, falls account for more than eight million emergency room visits, with 12 percent of those falls being slip-and fall-accidents. Further, half of all accidental deaths in the home setting are caused by a fall.
Knowing the causes of slip and fall accidents not only protects you but can aid home and property owners in keeping safe spaces for visitors. The most common causes of slips and falls are:
- Wet floors
- Loose floorboards and carpets
- Slick area rugs or mats
- Food and liquid spills
- Uneven sidewalks and parking lots containing potholes and cracks
- Tripping hazards
However, the floor or ground is not the only cause of slip and fall accidents. Poor lighting, lack of handrails, and other issues can also lead to falls.
Where Slip and Fall Accidents Are Most Likely to Occur–Bethlehem Slip and Fall Lawyer
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere, however, some locations are more prone to having these incidents. Common locations for Bethlehem slip and fall accidents are:
Parking lots and garages: Be it unpatched potholes, large cracks, or poor lighting, parking lots and parking garages are some of the biggest locations for slip and fall accidents to occur.
- Workplace: Workplace injuries can occur in places where there are narrow hallways, slick flooring, or equipment that impacts visibility.
- Sidewalks and walkways: With Pennsylvania weather being finicky, it’s not uncommon for the winter frost and thaw to cause sidewalks to shift and lift, making walkways uneven and dangerous.
- Hotels/Resorts/Pools: With heavy foot traffic and 24/7 entrances, when spills occur, businesses need to be vigilant in keeping their spaces clean and clear for customers and guests.
- Restaurants/Bars: Spills happen, but when you have servers and guests walking through them, it can lead to injury.
- Stores: We’ve all seen a busted milk jug at the grocery store being washed away. But when grocery stores and other retailers do not use property signage in a timely fashion, should someone get hurt, they can be held liable.
- Indoor and outdoor staircases: Stairs need to be properly maintained to ensure users cannot get hurt from poor maintenance. But when steps get loose, handrails are missing, and lighting is poor, falls can happen.
If your accident occurred in a public space, Munley Law will investigate, even looking at security footage to build your claim.
Common Slip and Fall Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can result in minor to severe injuries. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation. Common slip and fall injuries include:
Soft tissue injuries: Be it minor sprains to torn muscles and ligaments, you may not realize you’ve sustained a soft tissue injury until days after your slip and fall.
- Head injuries: Head injuries can range from concussions to traumatic brain injuries that have catastrophic consequences. It’s important to seek medical attention following your slip and fall accident as well as in the days following if new symptoms emerge.
- Cuts and abrasions: Depending on how and where you fell, you may have sustained cuts and abrasions. While some scrapes will heal on their own, cuts that go deep into the skin can require medical attention to avoid long-term complications.
- Spinal cord and neck injuries: Considered the most severe injuries you can sustain from a slip and fall, spinal cord and neck injuries require immediate medical attention.
- Broken bones: A slip and fall, especially for older individuals, can result in broken bones.
No matter the injury you sustain, it is important to keep a record of all medical care received as this will be used to establish negligence and build your claim when determining the amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
How do I Prove Negligence in a Bethlehem Slip and Fall Case?
In order to claim compensation for a slip and fall accident, you must establish that someone else’s negligence was the reason you sustained an injury. To prove negligence in a Bethlehem slip and fall case, you need to establish the following:
The property owned owed you a duty of care to maintain the environment.
- There was a breach of that duty.
- You suffered due to the breach.
- You sustained injuries and damages as a result.
Proving negligence in a slip and fall can be complicated as the property owner will likely try to mitigate fault. However, in Pennsylvania, comparative negligence laws are involved which means that so long as you are less than 51 percent at fault for an accident, you can still recover compensation for your losses.
If you are unsure of your role in a slip and fall accident, call Munley Law.
What Compensation Can I Get in a Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
If you or a loved one were hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to economic and non-economic damages. These include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial costs
How Can Munley Law Help My Bethlehem Slip and Fall Claim?
Recovering from injuries and securing legal help following a slip and fall accident can be overwhelming–but with Munley Law, it doesn’t have to be. Our dedicated legal team will help you move forward with a successful legal claim by:
- Investigating the accident
- Handling communications with the insurance companies
- Negotiating a settlement
- Representing you in court
If you worry you do not have the funds to utilize a lawyer, know that price should be no concern when it comes to your health. Munley Law works on a contingency fee basis which means you pay nothing upfront, and only pay a portion of your settlement or verdict to cover our cost. We never take more than you win, so do not hesitate to call us.
Injured in a Bethlehem Slip and Fall Accident? Call Munley Law.
Being hurt in a slip-and-fall accident can derail your life as you recover from injuries. If the property owner tries to talk you out of a claim because you may have been partially at fault, do not hesitate to call Munley Law. Even if you were partially responsible, you may still be entitled to compensation.
If you or a loved one were injured in a slip and fall accident as a result of another person’s negligence, call Munley Law at 570-669-3497 or connect with us online. You only have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim so do not delay. Missing the statute of limitations on Pennsylvania personal injury claims can bar you from compensation that is rightfully yours.