Truck accidents in Bethlehem, PA, can be serious and occasionally fatal. This is not surprising considering the size, weight, and force of a truck’s impact on another truck or a tractor-trailer, passenger car, cyclist, or pedestrian. For victims of these truck accidents, recovery can be long and arduous. There are also significant cost implications and possible loss of income.
Compared to other smaller vehicles, trucks are massive, heavy, and capable of incredible devastation when they get in an accident. Victims who survive often have to deal with at least one serious injury, sky-high medical bills, wage loss, and many more issues. Truck accident cases in Bethlehem, PA, are complex. Every case requires the unique skillset of the experienced truck accident lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys.
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys is an award-winning truck accident law firm serving residents of Bethlehem, PA. If you or a loved one has been in a truck accident in Bethlehem, PA, or Lehigh Valley, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Contact Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys at 855-866-5529 for a free initial consultation.
Major Causes of Truck Accidents in Bethlehem, PA
Most truck accidents are preventable. With these heavy-duty trucks being more commonplace, there is a rising number of truck accidents. Understanding the cause of these accidents is important if you want to win your case and secure the compensation you deserve.
The following are some of the major causes of truck accidents in Lehigh County:
- Distracted driving –This involves driving without paying attention to the road. Examples of distracted driving activities include texting, making and receiving phone calls, getting in an animated conversation with passengers, or eating while driving.
- Drowsy driving – Drowsy, or fatigued, driving can cause a driver to fall asleep or zone out behind the wheel. This slows down reaction time and causes drivers to make poor decisions.
- Failing to yield to vehicles or pedestrians with the right of way – Truckers, like all drivers, are supposed to allow other vehicle drivers to use the road in accord with the law.
- Driver fatigue – Truck drivers should not be driving when they are tired. If they drive when fatigued, they are likely to make mistakes that will cause accidents. Truck drivers should only drive for a maximum of 14 hours within a 24-hour period and are required rest for at least 10 hours before getting behind the wheel again.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – This means driving under the influence of alcohol, opioids, or other illicit substances. The law is clear about DUI and DWI offenses.
- Improperly secured load – All loads transported by commercial trucks and vehicles must be secured. If the load is not secured and it slips off the truck, causing a truck accident in the process, injured victims can sue the responsible party.
- Reckless driving – Truckers who are in a hurry may end up speeding, tailgating other drivers, and generally making the roads unsafe for other road users. If an accident happens because of the truck driver’s actions, you may be able to seek compensation.
- Poor truck maintenance – Trucks travel way more than other vehicles on the road. This means that truck parts tend to suffer more wear and tear and trucks thus require more maintenance. If maintenance is not carried out on time, a truck may develop problems that will cause an accident.
- Inadequate driver training – The surge in demand for truck drivers in the state and across the nation has seen the recruitment of some poorly trained truckers. This inexperience by new truckers increases the risk of accidents on the road.
This list is merely a short summary of the possible causes of truck accidents in Bethlehem. There are many more, and only an experienced truck accident attorney can help pinpoint the cause.
Whatever the cause of the truck accident, one thing is certain: The victim may sustain severe injuries. The treatment cost for personal injuries can be pretty steep. You need a skilled Bethlehem truck accident attorney to help you recover all your losses.
How Road Usage Guidelines For Truckers Are Different From Those For Regular Drivers
Truck drivers, companies, maintenance firms, and other 3rd-party companies are subject to federal and state regulations. Truckers and all their associated entities play by a different set of road safety guidelines. All federal guidelines for truck drivers and all related organizations are set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA).
Truck accident cases can be difficult, complex, and prolonged. This is why you must only hire experienced truck accident lawyers with decades of experience winning these heavily defended cases. Every truck accident attorney at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys understands the unique technical, legal, and regulatory issues involved in a truck accident case. .
Our experience and ability to recover losses for our Bethlehem personal injury and truck accident clients means that you will get quality legal representation, support, and advice.
As a major law firm in Pennsylvania, we are committed to the best possible outcomes. If you live in Bethlehem, PA, and want to file a personal injury claim as a truck accident victim, contact us today.
Call Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys at 855-866-5529 to schedule a free initial consultation.
Hire a Results-Driven and Experienced Bethlehem, PA Truck Accident Lawyer
Every truck accident case is unique. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to winning your case. To win, you need truck accident lawyers with a lot of experience in commercial truck and tractor trailer accident cases.
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys’s truck accident lawyers are second to none. No personal injury law firm in the country can claim more experience, success, or recognition in the field of truck accident law. We are the only firm in the Unites States with two lawyers who have lead the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group, and we were among the first lawyers in the nation to be Board Certified in truck accident law.
Every truck accident case in Bethlehem, PA, requires a truck accident lawyer to prove liability. Your lawyer will need to prove that negligence by the at-fault parties. To do that, experienced injury lawyers have to find out all the parties that somehow contributed to your injury. This involves thorough investigation, seeking the opinions of expert witnesses, and much more. This is why you need the help of the truck accident lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys who can get you results.
Every truck accident lawyer on our team is compassionate, highly experienced, and willing to fight for you until you get the settlement you deserve. We believe no one should suffer any injury because someone chose to be a careless road user.
Let our experienced personal injury lawyers serving Bethlehem, PA, help you today. If you have been in a truck accident and need to discuss your case, come talk to us at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys. Our recent wins for clients include a $26 million settlement.
Call Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys 24/7 at 855-866-5529 to speak to a truck accident attorney for free.