If you or a loved one have been hurt in a Bethlehem motorcycle accident, you know that the physical, emotional, and financial strain it places on a family can be a lot to handle on your own. With the legal representation of the Bethlehem motorcycle accident lawyers of Munley Law, you don’t have to.
For a no-obligation, free consultation, contact the compassionate personal injury lawyers of Munley Law. For over 60 years, Munley Law has fought for Bethlehem’s injured, let us do the same for you. Our award-winning lawyers have secured millions in settlements and verdicts for motorcycle accident victims. Let us get you the compensation needed to move forward. Call today.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Consequences of a Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident
Because of the size of a motorcycle compared to a standard passenger vehicle, a motorcyclist is 28 times more likely to die in an accident on the roadway than other drivers. Further, these vulnerable road users are four times more likely to sustain an injury in a collision.
Knowing this, it isn’t shocking to hear that in 2021, 6,084 motorcyclists died in crashes, accounting for 14 percent of all motor vehicle accident fatalities.
While there are steps you as a motorcycle rider can take to protect yourself such as wearing protective clothing, wearing a proper helmet, following road rules, etc., you still cannot account for the actions of other drivers on the road.
When these collisions occur, motorcyclists are likely to sustain severe injuries including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Broken, fractured, or dislocated bones
- Road rash
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you may be entitled to more compensation for your losses. Munley Law can help you calculate the value of your claim.
Common Causes of a Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident
Like any motor vehicle accident, there are many elements that can lead to a motorcycle accident. However, some behaviors are more likely to end with catastrophic results.
Common causes of Bethlehem motorcycle accidents are:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving remains one of the most common causes of all motor vehicle accidents. Be it using a cell phone, changing the radio, eating or drinking, talking to passengers, etc., taking your eyes away from the roadway for seconds can have catastrophic consequences.
- Driving Under the Influence: Drunk or drugged driving is one of the most dangerous negligent behaviors to partake in behind the wheel. Because this can lead to behaviors like driving in the wrong lane, swerving in and out of traffic, and blacking out, impaired drivers can cause fatal accidents and life-long chronic injuries to accident victims.
- Blind Spots: We expect all road users to abide by safe driving practices, including looking for pedestrians, following road signs and traffic lights, and checking blind spots before merging, turning, or changing lanes. However, when a motorcycle is in a driver’s blind spot and an accident occurs, that driver can still be held liable for the injuries and damages sustained, even though it was just an accident.
- Running Red Lights/ Stop Signs: Intersections are some of the most dangerous places and are one of the more popular for motor-vehicle collisions. When drivers blow through stop signs or run a red light, motorcyclists who have the right-of-way may be left in a vulnerable position.
- Aggressive Driving: Aggressive or reckless driving can lead to horrible accidents, especially for motorcycle riders. From speeding to tailgating, these behaviors are often met with poor driving choices that can lead already exposed motorcyclists to serious injury. Further, carelessness behind the wheel can also be detrimental to a rider if other road users are not cautious of their surroundings.
- Vehicle Defects: When we buy a product, especially a vehicle we hope to transport us to and from our destinations safely, it can be shocking when a product defect is the cause of a Bethlehem motorcycle accident. When a faulty part on a motorcycle is the cause of a collision, the rider and other involved parties may have a claim for compensation against the product manufacturer, dealerships, and retailers. Product defects may range from brakes to tires, engines and transmissions, electrical issues, and more. In some cases, the safety gear you have invested in may fail to work, which can be a claim against the manufacturer of that product as well. If you believe a product defect is the cause of your motorcycle accident, Munley Law can help.
Determining the cause of a Bethlehem motorcycle accident can be challenging, especially as you are working toward physical recovery. The Bethlehem personal injury lawyers at Munley Law can handle the legal battle ahead as you recover.
What Can a Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do For Me?
There are situations where you may not need a personal injury lawyer to help you file a claim against an at-fault party. However, a motorcycle accident is one case you may want help with. Because of the complexities of proving liability, calculating loss, and handling the case if it goes to trial, it is best to contact a Bethlehem motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure your claim is as successful as it can be.
Munley Law Helps Motorcycle Accident Victims File Claims
The process for filing a motorcycle accident claim can be complex, especially if it involves multiple parties. Do not let this stop you from making a claim. In Pennsylvania, you have two years to file a personal injury claim against the negligent party. To start that process, you may want to consult with a law firm with experience in motorcycle accidents in Bethlehem.
Gathering and Preserving Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident Evidence
When trying to establish liability to bring forth a personal injury claim, you’ll need to have gathered and preserved as much evidence from the accident scene as possible. Evidence that can be used in determining liability includes:
- Photos from the accident scene
- Witness testimony
- Expert testimony
- Police reports
- Video surveillance where available
Getting this evidence can be difficult, especially if you sustained severe injuries. The last thing on your mind was likely snapping photos of skid marks on the road. However, Munley Law can help with this. We will utilize any information available to us to connect the dots on what went wrong.
Calculating the Value of Your Claim
Once you’ve chosen to file a motorcycle accident claim, one of the first questions you’ve thought of is “What’s my motorcycle accident claim worth?”
To determine the value of your claim, Munley Law will review:
- Who was at fault for the accident
- Medical bills
- Long-term health needs
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage
From there, we will calculate what your accident is worth. For more information and a free consultation, visit Munley Law online.
Something unique about Pennsylvania’s personal injury law is that even if you share in fault for a collision, you still may be able to recover compensation. Under the modified comparative fault rule, you must be less than 51 percent at fault for an accident. If you are found to be 51 percent responsible for the collision, you cannot recover damages.
To establish fault, Munley Law will determine if:
- You were owed a duty of care
- That duty was breached
- The breach caused the accident
- You sustained injuries in the accident
- Your injuries were a result of the breach
Negotiation With the Insurance Companies
Once fault has been determined, Munley Law will negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf. However, this means you cannot accept a settlement from the insurance company. If you have done so, you are barred from further compensation.
Because of this, do not give any recorded statements to the insurance adjusters and if you feel like you’re being blamed when you shouldn’t be, call us right away. You have rights.
What Can I Recover in a Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident?
Depending on the severity of your injuries and your involvement in the collision, you may be entitled to the following forms of economic and non-economic compensation:
- Medical bills (current and future)
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Long Term medical care
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
Again, the value of your claim will ultimately depend on the severity of your injuries and the losses sustained. Munley Law can help you calculate those values.
I Was Hurt in an Accident and Need a Bethlehem Motorcycle Accident Lawyer–Call Munley Law.
Being hurt in an accident can put a halt to your plans and leave you with a lifetime of suffering. And when the accident is a motorcycle versus a passenger vehicle, the injuries may be catastrophic or even fatal.
Know that if you or a loved one were hurt in a motorcycle accident in Bethlehem or the surrounding area, Munley Law can help.
For more than 60 years, the motorcycle accident attorneys of Munley Law have been helping accident victims and their families recover the compensation they need to move forward from life-changing collisions.
We know for many families there is worry that the cost of an attorney will be too much. At Munley Law, we work on a contingency fee basis which means you pay nothing upfront and you don’t owe us anything until a settlement or verdict is won on your behalf. And if you don’t win, you don’t pay.
For a no-obligation, free consultation with the Bethlehem motorcycle accident lawyers of Munley Law, call us at 570-661-1797 or send us an email. Time is of the essence so call now.