If you are a passenger or driver who has been in a Lyft accident, call the Lyft accident lawyers at Munley Law in Pennsylvania for a free case review
Recently, Lyft finished out the year with 23 million active users and 3.6 billion in revenue. These innovative rideshare apps are changing how we think about transportation. But these rideshare apps are also contributing to a rise in accidents. A recent study by researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) determined that “Uber and Lyft are behind a sharp rise in US traffic deaths.” If you were injured as a Lyft passenger or in an accident with a Lyft driver, call a Lyft accident lawyer at Munley Law for a free case review.
Who is At Fault in Pennsylvania Lyft Rideshare Accident Cases?
Lyft accidents are treated differently than an accident with a normal vehicle or traditional commercial vehicle. Most Pennsylvania rideshare companies, including Lyft, have $1 million in liability insurance for their drivers. In most cases, this policy covers the driver as long as they are:
- Taking a rider on a trip when the accident occurs
- Waiting to accept a ride request in the app
- On the way to pick up a rider
Therefore, as a passenger, any injuries you sustain in a rideshare accident will likely be covered by Lyft’s insurance policy. But often, Lyft still chooses to fight the claim and denies liability. This can occur even if the driver is at fault and on duty when the accident occurs.
These added complications make it even more important to have an experienced Lyft accident lawyer on your side. Munley Law has been fighting for car accident victims for more than 60 years. Our team of experienced Lyft rideshare accident lawyers have obtained the maximum compensation for injured victims.
Why Do Lyft Accidents Happen in Pennsylvania?
Rideshare apps like Lyft do background checks on their drivers. However, plenty of people with a clean driving history are susceptible to the same accident risks on the road.
Similar to car accidents, there are many reasons Lyft accidents happen. Some of the top reasons include:
– Fatigued driving. Whether working multiple jobs, or working nights, many Lyft drivers get behind the wheel tired. This affects both alertness and reaction time, impairing a driver as much as being under the influence of alcohol.
– Distracted on the road. Pennsylvania Lyft drivers use their phones for directions, tracking time, and arranging pick-ups.
– Driving too fast. Lyft drivers can feel pressured to speed, whether late to pick up a passenger, or fighting traffic to keep a passenger’s schedule.
– Bad weather. Most drivers are more susceptible to accidents when navigating roads in inclement weather. If a driver is already on unfamiliar roads, or constantly looking at an app for directions, it can make it even riskier.
Rideshare Standards & Requirements in Lyft Accidents
Lyft drivers have to meet certain standards to drive for the rideshare service. Those standards include:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Proof of insurance, vehicle registration, and valid inspection
- Pass a drivers’ background check and safety screening
FAQ for a Pennsylvania Lyft Accident Lawyer
What happens if I get in a car accident with Lyft?
If you were injured in an accident with a Lyft driver, your first step should be to contact a ridesharing accident lawyer at Munley Law. Insurance coverage for these kinds of accidents is complicated. We can make sure you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call, chat live, or fill out our contact form. There’s no charge for the consultation, and we never take a fee unless we win your case.
How much is my Lyft accident case worth?
If you’ve been in an accident as a Lyft driver or passenger in an Lyft, there is no way to tell what your case is worth without knowing the details. Every accident has different factors that can greatly impact or determine the value of what you are owed. The best way to understand what your case is worth is to contact an experienced Lyft accident lawyer.
How long do I have to file my rideshare accident case?
That depends on the jurisdiction. Many factors go into determining jurisdiction – from where the accident occurred to the residences of parties involved. An Lyft accident lawyer can help you determine where to file your case and how quickly you need to do so. Contact a lawyer today.
How much does an experienced Lyft lawyer cost?
Our team of expert accident attorneys only takes a fee if we win you a settlement. You do not owe anything upfront.
Get a Pennsylvania Lyft accident lawyer at Munley Law on your side
If you have been in an accident as a Lyft passenger or driver, you need to immediately report the incident through their app. After you report the accident, the next step is hiring an experienced Lyft rideshare accident lawyer. The company will have large legal teams, and the driver may be covered by these policies as well. An experienced Lyft rideshare lawyer will assist you in building your case to guarantee you get the compensation you deserve.