If you were injured in a truck accident, our Carbondale truck accident lawyers can help.
A trucking accident can change a victim’s life drastically. With some of the major highways in Pennsylvania running around or through Carbondale, getting into a truck accident is extremely likely. When this occurs, you’ll need a Carbondale truck accident lawyer who has the knowledge needed to take on the trucking company and secure compensation that will take care of your injuries. You need Munley Law.
If you or someone you know was injured in a crash with a large commercial truck, our Carbondale truck accident lawyers are ready to fight for you. Schedule a free consultation with the nation’s premier truck accident lawyers at Munley Law today.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Do I Need a Carbondale Truck Accident Lawyer?
As the injured victim in a trucking accident, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against the negligent party to get compensation for your injuries. Unfortunately, you will likely face legal hurdles that will be hard to overcome without a personal injury lawyer on your side. Many victims of truck accidents never get the compensation they deserve when they try to handle their claim on their own.
The legal process can be confusing, and insurance companies profit by settling for as little as possible. As a serious injury victim, you may be concerned about paying your current medical bills, especially if you’re missing a lot of time from work. A quick settlement might sound like a good idea at first, but it rarely is. Future expenses need to be considered, and a quick settlement may not cover those.
At Munley Law Carbondale, we have the legal experience as knowledgeable truck accident lawyers to ensure you receive compensation for both present and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
How Can a Munley Truck Accident Attorney Help Me?
An experienced trucking accident lawyer will have the legal knowledge to act in your best interests. This means your attorney will:
- Discover who is at fault for your injury: Truck accidents often involve multiple parties who can be held responsible. The more parties involved, the more complex a claim can be.
- Estimate how much your claim is worth: The initial settlement you receive from the insurance company generally does not cover all your expenses following an accident. That’s because the adjuster is trying to settle your claim for the least amount of money. Unfortunately, many injury victims don’t know how much their claim is truly worth and will take the first settlement offer they receive. This is a mistake.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: The insurance company will do whatever it can to not pay the full amount. Its adjusters may try to bully you or persuade you to take the first amount offered. You’ll need a lawyer with strong negotiating skills to help you with a settlement.
- Represent you in court: If a settlement cannot be reached, you will need an aggressive trial team to represent you in the courtroom. All the attorneys at Munley Law have experience in the courtroom and will fight for your rights.
What Type of Compensation is Available to Victims of Trucking Accidents in Carbondale?
Victims of collisions with a large commercial truck may be able to receive compensation for some or all of the following:
- Past, Present, and Future Medical Expenses. This may include bills for hospital stays, physical therapy, or any other costs incurred in the treatment of an injury caused by the accident.
- Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity. Your normal life may be on hold after a truck accident and your injuries may have stopped you from working. You may be able to receive compensation to cover your lost wages as well as any future income that you will lose because of the injuries you sustained.
- Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy. Truck crashes can cause injuries that require long-term medical care such as physical therapy and rehabilitation services. You may be able to receive compensation for these medical services.
- Mental Anguish and Emotional Distress. In addition to physical injuries, traffic accidents are traumatic experiences that can result in mental anguish and emotional distress. You may be able to seek compensation to cover costs associated with your emotional distress, such as depression, stress, and even loss of sleep.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Daily Activities. Similar to emotional distress, a truck accident may cause an injured victim to lose enjoyment in their usual daily activities.
- Loss of Consortium / Loss of Companionship. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, you may experience a loss of consortium. Simply put, loss of consortium refers to the deprivation of the benefits of parenting or married life due to the inability to show affection or love.
- Wrongful Death Damages. If your family member was killed in a truck accident, you may be able to sue the truck driver and the truck company to get justice for your loved one and to ensure you and your family are secure financially in the future. These damages allow you to grieve without worrying about providing for your family. You may be entitled to receive some or all of the following forms of compensation: a reimbursement for funeral expenses; payment for damage to the vehicle, or to buy another vehicle; payment for your and your loved one’s medical expenses; payment for past and future lost wages; and compensation for emotional anguish and mental pain and suffering.
How Much Does a Truck Accident Lawyer Cost?
At Munley Law, we understand that truck accidents cause not only physical injuries but financial hardship too. While truck accident victims are recovering from traumatic injuries, they incur expensive medical bills and may be unable to work. The last thing you need when trying to recover is financial stress.
That’s why Munley Law works on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing upfront. We will pay all of the costs of your case upfront out of our own pocket. Our fee will be a percentage of the compensation we are able to recover for you, either in a settlement or a verdict in court. And we won’t be paid a penny if we don’t win for you.
How Much Is My Trucking Accident Claim Worth?
No one can tell you exactly how much your claim is worth without first investigating the crash, gathering evidence, reviewing medical records, and considering future medical costs.
There is no “average settlement.” But, there are common factors that must be considered in determining how much your claim may be worth. Some of the factors that affect the settlement value include:
- Ambulance fees
- The severity of the injuries you suffered
- Cost of current and future medical treatment
- Lost wages, including vacation time and PTO
- Property damage to your car
- non-economic damages, like emotional distress and pain and suffering
Who is Responsible for Your Truck Accident?
Truck accident cases are complex. There are many parties who can be at fault or held liable, such as the:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Manufacturing company
- Shipping company
- Anyone else responsible for maintaining or loading the truck
Trucking companies have teams of investigators at the ready to immediately start building a case against you. This can make it harder to get compensation. You need a team of investigators who are also ready to go to the scene of the accident to ensure your rights are protected.
Insurance rarely covers all of the losses and expenses caused by a truck accident. Especially because trucking, hauling, and leasing companies often seek to minimize a victim’s insurance payments by disputing victims’ claims. They may use tactics that can add to the trauma and expense of being in a truck accident. This is why it is critical to have an experienced trucking accident lawyer negotiate for you.
If these negotiations fail to get the justice and compensation you deserve, a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit may be the proper course of action. Victims need to make sure they have an expert truck accident lawyer to represent them if they need to go to court to get the compensation they deserve.
Because of the complexity of truck accidents, victims need experienced lawyers who know how to handle a trucking accident lawsuit. The trucking accident lawyers at Munley Law have the experience and team to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. We have a team of investigators who can visit the accident scene to ensure evidence is collected and preserved. Our team can work on your behalf to make sure the responsible party is held liable and you are compensated.
Call the injury lawyers at Munley Law today for a FREE consultation or use our online contact form.
What Types of Injuries are Common in Truck Accidents in and around Carbondale, PA?
Large commercial trucks are much bigger and heavier than other motor vehicles. Because of this, a truck accident often causes serious injuries and is sometimes fatal to motorists in passenger vehicles. Even when drivers and passengers survive a truck crash, they usually suffer severe injuries. Common injuries include:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injury
- Neck injuries, including whiplash
- Spinal cord injuries that can cause partial or complete paralysis
- Internal injuries, including serious injuries to organs in the abdomen and chest
- Broken bones
- Lacerations and bruises
If you or your family members suffered any of these injuries in a collision with a large truck, you may have a legal right to sue the truck driver and the trucking company. You may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit to pursue compensation for injuries and other damages, including pain and suffering.
What Are the Common Causes of Truck Accidents In and Around Carbondale?
There are many reasons that trucks crash in Carbondale. According to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation’s (PennDOT) most recent Crash Facts & Statistics report, most truck crashes “were related to tires and wheels, brakes, power train failure and unsecure trailer/overloaded.” Truck accidents are often caused by negligence, such as:
- Drowsy driving
- Driver error
- Drunk driving
How Long Do I Have to File My Truck Accident Claim?
The time limit for filing a case is called the “statute of limitations.” In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for claims based on truck crash injuries is two years from the date of the accident.
While two years may feel like a long time, you should contact an experienced Carbondale truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. Before you can file your claim, your truck accident attorney will need time to investigate your case, talk with experts, gather documents and evidence, and make strategic decisions. To talk with the experienced truck accident lawyers at Munley Law, schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.
Call Our Carbondale Truck Accident Lawyers Near Me That Can Help
Recovering from a truck accident can be a traumatic experience, requiring significant physical and emotional care. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in or around Carbondale, you need to speak with an experienced attorney right away. Our team of truck accident lawyers is here to help. Contact our Carbondale truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation to learn about your rights and legal options. Let us help you get started on the road to recovery.
And remember, the consultation is always free too!
harrisburg harrisburg hours hours clients case clients case clients case truck injury truck injury super super
accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving carbondale lawyers serving lawyers serving carbondale serving carbondale truck accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving carbondale lawyers serving lawyers serving carbondale serving carbondale truck accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving carbondale lawyers serving lawyers serving carbondale serving carbondale truck accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving accident lawyers serving carbondale lawyers serving lawyers serving carbondale serving carbondale truck accident lawyers serving serving serving serving serving crash lawyers truck crash lawyers accident injury accident injury accident injury truck accident injury truck accident injury truck accident injury car accident car accident car accidents car accidents car accidents prctice areas practice areas truck crash lawyers semi-truck accident accident attorneys auto auto truck accident attorneys truck accident lawyer near me
Munley Law Carbondale Personal Injury Attorneys
41 N Main St,
Carbondale, PA 18407