Getting You the Compensation You Deserve for Your East Stroudsburg Car Accident Injury
If you or a loved one have been involved in an accident in East Stroudsburg, PA, due to someone else’s negligence, you should consult an East Stroudsburg car accident lawyer to ensure your compensation claim is headed in the right direction. Calling an East Stroudsburg car accident lawyer as soon as possible is in your best interest. Experienced car accident attorneys have the resources and personal injury law team to secure evidence quickly (so that it remains intact), leaving no stone unturned.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
How Will a Car Accident Attorney in East Stroudsburg Help My Injury Case?
The East Stroudsburg car accident lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys have the resources and experience to steer your compensation claim for success, including:
- Investigators, police, and professional reconstructionists help investigate the car wreck
- Cell phone records are reviewed
- Photos and surveillance videos are secured
- Witness statements are collected
- Expert testimonies are secured
- Negotiations and communications with insurance companies are managed
- An accident report is filed within two days of the accident (mandatory)
- Free case evaluation, free consultation
Keeping your claim on course is essential for its integrity and for dealing with negotiations. An experienced car accident lawyer knows how to streamline this process and make it work to get the compensation you are entitled to.
Common Car Accident Causes
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 1.3 million people die every year due to car crashes; 20 to 50 million more people suffer non-fatal injuries, with many victims suffering a disability from the injury. Common car accident causes include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Driver error
- Aggressive driving
- Drowsy driving
- Inclement weather and negligent driving
What Should I Do at the Scene of a Car Accident After I Have Been Injured?
- Remain calm. Pull over if you can to get out of harm’s way, put on your hazards, and turn off your engine.
- Contact emergency services; call 911 so you and other injured parties can receive medical attention.
- Call the police and state the facts. Do not assume or indicate blame. Take note of the officer’s name who is taking your accident report.
- Take notes and photos of the crime scene and injuries if you can. Collect contact info of witnesses, if possible.
- Accept medical care. Be seen by a medical professional to record and have a record of your possible or apparent injuries. Some injuries may not be obvious, especially when adrenaline is high.
The car accident team at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys will make a dent in obtaining evidence to ensure your car accident is successful. This can include hiring a private investigator, seeking additional witnesses, obtaining commercial vehicles’ black box recording devices, and discovering the other drivers’ prior records, if any. There may be more than one responsible party, as well.
How an East Stroudsburg Car Accident Attorney Can Help After a Car Accident
Insurers will want to make small settlements and negotiate; legal timelines will be of the essence; doctors’ records will be needed; further investigations must be conducted — your attorney can be your primary contact and assume responsibility for managing everything. Always consult a car accident attorney to empower you, disclose your legal results, and inform you of your options. The East Stroudsburg car accident attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys will give you a free, no-obligation review of your case. If you cannot come to the office because of the injuries, we will meet you in the hospital or at your home. You do not pay any lawyer fees unless we win your case.
Paying Bills After Suffering an Injury
When you have experienced the trauma of a car accident, there is so much to juggle. Trying to begin to contemplate how to pay for a sudden surge of medical expenses and ordinary expenses and possibly having lost wages is overwhelming. Do not accept insurance companies’ first settlement offerings. An experienced car accident attorney should be your point of contact for all negotiations; we know how to ultimately get you the money for all your care and suffering.
Affording an East Stroudsburg Car Accident Lawyer
The East Stroudsburg car accident attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys do not charge fees unless we win your case. We have over 60 years of experience and are confident about getting the job done.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit in East Stroudsburg, PA?
In Pennsylvania, personal injury claims must be filed within two years after the date of injury. You should contact an experienced car accident attorney immediately after an accident to maintain the timeliness of your records and evidence. Doing so will help set you up best for getting you the compensation you deserve.
How Will My East Stroudsburg Car Accident Lawyer Get Me the Compensation I Deserve?
Your car accident lawyer must prove that negligence occurred in the following ways:
- Duty: Establish that the defendant owed you a duty of care
- Breach: Establish that the defendant breached his duty of care in his negligent behavior
- Causation: Demonstrate that the defendant’s negligence caused a crash that caused suffering to you
- Damages: Establish that you suffered economic and non-economic damages due to your injuries
Types of Compensation Available for an East Stroudsburg Car Accident
Economic and non-economic damages can be recovered as compensation, including:
- Present and future medical bills
- Lost wages and lost earning capacity
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of daily activities
- Loss of companionship
What Happens if Both Parties are at Fault for my Car Accident in Stroudsburg, PA?
In Pennsylvania, if you are less than 51% responsible for a car accident, you can pursue compensation from the other driver after a car wreck.
What is Modified Comparative Negligence?
In Pennsylvania, you cannot collect damages against the other driver if you are 50% or more at fault for an accident. Consult a car accident lawyer at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys for a free case review to help determine your degree of shared responsibility in the accident.
Why Should I Choose the East Stroudsburg Car Accident Lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys?
Munley Law represents bicyclists, motorcyclists, drivers, passengers, ridesharing clients, Lyft and Uber drivers, and pedestrians injured in car crashes. Never accept a settlement offer from the insurance company before first consulting with a car accident lawyer at Munley Law — do not accept early settlement offerings before receiving a free consultation.