Get the Compensation You Deserve for Your Premises Liability Personal Injury Case
If you or a loved one have been injured in an Easton slip and fall accident due to someone else’s negligence, a timely and informed claims process can help to recover losses for injuries and suffering. You may need to file a lawsuit to get fair compensation when all else fails. Times like this make you feel vulnerable due to the trauma of your accident, your injuries, financial losses, life adjustments, and the process of trying to figure out how, when, and what to recover from your slip and fall accident. You need an experienced Easton slip and fall accident lawyer.
Our Easton slip and fall attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys are award-winning and have over 60 years of experience successfully recovering compensation for victims who have fallen due to someone else’s negligence. Contact us today for your free consultation and case evaluation.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents fall under premises liability law, a type of personal injury law that addresses a property owner’s legal responsibility to an individual injured on their property provided that the owner breached their duty of care. Slip and falls typically happen when a hazardous environment makes it unsafe for an individual to move through private, public, or commercial property safely. Typically, these accidents are avoidable if the responsible party maintains spaces that are clear of slip and fall hazards.
To successfully seek out a claim or lawsuit, you must prove liability; you must prove that the property owner has shown negligence and breached their legal duty of care.
How Do I Successfully File and Carry Out a Claim?
To successfully display negligence, the breach in duty of care must be proven:
- The property owner, the defendant) owed a duty of care to you, the plaintiff
- The property owner breached that duty
- The breach caused harm to you
- You suffered injury and damages from the breach of care.
How can my Easton slip and fall accident lawyer help expedite my claim?
First off, you will have so much to juggle when managing your injury, pain, bills, and possible lifestyle changes — your slip and fall accident lawyer knows the legal timeline, what evidence should be readily available, and when. The quality and additional possible evidence is something that an experienced slip and fall accident team has the knack for finding while prepping your case.
What Do I Need to Do if I Am in a Slip and Fall Accident?
Call an Easton slip and fall injury attorney at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys for a free consult and case evaluation — even if just to make sure you are on track. In the meantime:
- Seek medical attention instantly. Delaying medical care and validation of your injuries can impact your efforts for fair compensation. Take photos.
- Get contact info of any witnesses.
- Report the accident to the owner or property manager.
- Keep good records of all medical evaluations and billing.
How Can a Slip and Fall Lawyer Help Move My Claim Process Along?
Your Easton slip and fall attorney will aim to prove negligence and that the property owner at fault breached their legal duty of care. In sum, your slip and fall accident lawyer will use their resources and team for:
- Investigation: Your slip and fall attorney will help to establish liability and breach of care of duty; they will aim to prove that the defendant was at fault and that you were injured because of this. Failure to maintain proper building codes, maintenance, and improper signage can all be contributing factors.
- Insurance Claims: Your slip and fall attorney knows the legal timelines and can assist in filing claims with the property owner’s insurance company. This will prompt the adjuster to assess damages, and help to play a part in estimating your claim. Your slip and fall accident attorney will ensure you do not accept early, minimal proposed settlements. The slip-and-fall attorney team at Munley Law has the resources, relationships, experience, and skill sets to negotiate with insurers and to get you the compensation you deserve out of court.
- Discovery: The slip and fall team will send our experts to survey the fall site, and possible environmental hazards, question possible witnesses, seek out photos or video footage (when available), and account for any areas of discrepancy. Both parties exchange information and findings here; request depositions, documents, and admissions; confirm witnesses and/or experts who can offer testimonies.
- Pre-Trial: If negotiations come to a standstill, the slip-and-fall lawyers at Munley Law have the trial experience and success stories to recover the compensation you are entitled to. This is where mediation, negotiations, settlements, or moving on to trial occur.
Common Hazardous Conditions that Lead to Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents are the most common injuries due to negligence. Some of the most common hazardous conditions occur at workplaces, grocery stores, bars, restaurants, hotels, hospitals, schools, and malls:
- Icy sidewalks or parking lot
- Inadequate lighting
- Faulty equipment
- Poor maintenance
- Uneven or broken sidewalks and pathways
- Falling object
- Broken or inadequate handrails
- Building code violations
- Loose carpeting
- Poorly marked steps, ramps, or slopes
- Unleashed dog
- Malfunctioning elevator/escalator
What are the Comparative Negligence Laws in Pennsylvania?
In PA, the comparative negligence law states that if you are less than 51% at fault, you can seek compensation from the other party. However, your compensation will be adjusted in proportion to your level of blame.
- Example: If Bob fell and was 20% at fault, the other party is at 80% to blame. If the totaled claim was justified and for $10,000, Bob could recover $8,000 from the responsible party (and only be responsible for $2,000).
What are the Different Types of Property Classes for Slip and Fall Accidents?
Different types of property classes have different appointed parties responsible for proper maintenance and care:
- Rental property with the landlord
- Private/homeowner residence
- Employers’ businesses and commercial property
- Government property
How Does the Location of My Slip and Fall Accident Impact My Slip and Fall Case?
- Rental properties: are possessed by occupiers; depending on the nature of the lease, the owner or occupier may be at fault. A slip and fall lawyer is ideal to consult to review the lease (which would disclose who is responsible for maintenance, repairs, and possible hazards that may be present and not disclosed in the agreement).
- Homeowners: may resort to their homeowner’s insurance for coverage.
- Businesses and commercial properties: For employees, workers’ compensation claims can be sought; there are guidelines on the types of injuries and damages the worker can be compensated for.
- Government property: There is a very immediate deadline for when the formal notice must be given of the injury, and there is also a statutory limit on how much compensation may be given.
What Types of Slip and Fall Accident Damages Can I Be Compensated for?
Broken limbs, torn ligaments, cuts, bruises, traumatic brain injuries, and herniated discs are all some of the common physical injuries associated with slip and fall accidents. You can be compensated for your pain and suffering, medical bills, past, current, and future lost wages, and for pain and suffering.
When Do I Have to File My Easton Slip and Fall Accident Claim?
The statute of limitations for filing slip and fall accident claims, better more commonly regarded s premises liability injuries, in Pennsylvania is two years from the date of the incident.
What happens once I accept a settlement for my Easton slip and fall accident?
Once you formally accept a settlement, you cannot revisit the case at a later date, even if you have made new supporting discoveries that would enhance your case.
How do I know how much my Easton slip and fall accident is worth?
The average slip and fall settlement can range from $10,000 to $50,000 and higher. The National Safety Council cites the national average to be $20,228. Your slip and fall compensation depends on how you were injured, the injuries you suffered (and the current situation and future outlook), who is at fault, what medical care you will need, and if you are unable to work.
How can a slip and fall attorney help to determine how much my slip and fall accident is worth?
Who you choose to represent your case, their experience, resources, relationships, and negotiation expertise are determining factors in what you ultimately recover for compensation at the end of the day.
Which Easton Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Should I Hire?
Our Easton slip and fall attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys have helped people throughout Pennsylvania for over six decades. We have the relationships, resources, and award-winning recognized talent that expose negligent parties and get our clients the compensation they are entitled to.
Munley Law’s Personal Injury Attorneys prize their highly regarded slip and fall team, and we do not charge for our consultation and case evaluation. Our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency, which means they only get paid if you get a settlement. If we win you a settlement, we work for a percentage of what you are awarded. If you don’t get a settlement, you owe us nothing. You can rest easy that we work hard to get our clients in Easton the money they deserve — call us today!