Q: If I have been in a train accident, or hurt at a railroad crossing, can I sue?
A: If you have been hurt in a train accident due to negligence on the part of the train’s engineer, transportation company, or other involved party, you may be eligible for compensation for your medical costs, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact a lawyer at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys as soon as you are able to learn more about your legal rights. Every case is different, so the best way to determine the next steps to take is to speak with an experienced attorney. At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, that initial consultation is free.
Q: What should I do immediately after a train wreck?
A: If you or your loved one have been injured in a train wreck, there are some important steps you can take to protect yourself and to help support your case later on.
- First and foremost, seek medical treatment immediately, even if your injuries do not seem severe.
- If you are able, take photographs of the scene of the accident. Take photos of any visible injuries as well.
- Write down the names and phone numbers of any witnesses on the scene.
Q: What should I do in the days following a train wreck?
A: In the days and weeks following a train wreck or railroad crossing accident:
- Be sure to keep track of your medical treatment. Keep a journal of any pain you experience, as well as all doctor visits, medical treatments, physical therapy sessions, and test results.
- Keep a record of any days missed from work, and any other financial expenses you may incur.
- Do not give a recorded statement to anyone other than your own insurance company. Do not speak with the other party’s insurance carrier before talking to a lawyer.
Q: How much will it cost to hire a lawyer?
A: At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we operate on a contingent fee basis. This means that we do not collect a fee (a portion of any benefits obtained on your behalf) unless we win your case. You will not have to pay anything up front or out of your own pocket. This way, everyone has access to the best possible legal representation in the event of a catastrophic event like a train wreck or railroad crossing accident.