Daniel W. Munley
Daniel Munley is a seasoned truck accident lawyer and a champion of plaintiffs’ rights. A board-certified civil trial advocate, Daniel has earned a national reputation for his trial victories. Contact Daniel for a free, no-obligation consult today.
- Top Ten Trucking Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania, by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Certified, Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Recognition by the National Law Journal: a truck accident case settlement reached by Daniel and Marion Munley was the 2nd highest settlement in Pennsylvania, and the 25th highest in the U.S. in 2015.
- Certification by the Association of Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America (AITLA)
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania by the National Trial Lawyers Association
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America”
- Past Chairperson, Trucking Litigation Group, American Association of Justice
- Charter member and current Executive Board member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) Trucking Litigation Group
- Pennsylvania Magazine Super Lawyer 2011-2017
- Named to the Irish Legal 100, 2016
- University of Tulsa College of Law, Oklahoma, Juris Doctor, 1994, American Jurisprudence Award of Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, B.S., Dean’s List, 1990
Daniel’s Professional Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Luzerne County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Regents, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
Daniel’s Other Achievements
- Recognition, French Consulate, NYC, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Trial Lawyers Care for representation of Dening Lohez whose husband died on 9.11.2001 in the Twin Towers
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars Super Lawyer 2005, 2006, 2010
- Member, Trial Lawyers Care, the largest pro bono effort in the United States following the 2001 terror attacks
- Member, American Association of Justice PAC
- Member, Public Relations Committee, American Association of Justice
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Small Business Litigation Group
- Demystifying Your First Truck Trial, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys Annual Symposium, Nashville, TN, September 12, 2019.
- Using Injunctions and Legal Process to Get Access to the Truck and Obtain the Data and the Cell Phones/Tablets/Telematics, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys Annual Symposium, Nashville, TN, September 12, 2019.
- Presenter, Maximizing Settlement Dollars in Trucking Cases, New Jersey Association for Justice Educational Foundation’s Trucking Litigation Boardwalk, Atlantic City, NJ, May 10, 2o18
- Speaker, Cross-Examining the Crash Reconstruction Expert, American Association for Justice Jazz Fest Seminar, New Orleans, LA May 4, 2018.
- Speaker, Lecture and Demonstration: Winning the Tough Liability Truck Crash Case and Igniting the Big Bang Verdict: “Putting it All Together for the Big Verdict,” American Association for Justice Advanced Trial Advocacy College: Litigating Truck Collision Cases, Scottsdale, AZ March 23, 2018
- Presenter, Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys 2017 Annual Symposium, Nashville, TN, September 17, 2017
- Speaker, “Spoliation and Preservation of Evidence,” Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys 2016 Annual Symposium, September 28, 2016.
- Speaker, “Successfully Handling and Litigating the Commercial Truck Case,” Minnesota Association for Justice, May 19, 2016.
- Speaker, “Trucking Rules of the Road: Essential FMCSA Regulations and the CDL Manual,” New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar, Atlantic City, NJ, April 7, 2016.
- Speaker, “Major Highway Crash Investigation and the Preservation of Evidence,” Hell on the Highways Seminar, Florida Association for Justice, St. Augustine, FL, December 3, 2015.
- Speaker, Advocacy360 Conference, “How to Win Trucking Cases.” Las Vegas, NV, November 2, 2015
- American Association for Justice Advanced Trial Advocacy College: Truck Collision Case Litigation. Dallas, TX, October 8, 2015
- Speaker, New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Convention in Atlantic City, NJ, April 30, 2015: “Discovery Issues in Tractor Trailer Litigation”
- Speaker, Kentucky Justice Association, “How To Litigate That Big Truck Case”
- Presenter, AAJ, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, “Why a Truck Collision Case Must Be Handled Differently Than an Auto Collision Case”
- Presenter, AAJ, Seattle, WA, “Discovery in a Tractor-Trailer Case”
- Presenter, AAJ, Las Vegas, NV, “Cross-Examining Defense Experts”
- Presenter, St. Louis, MO, “Violations as a Path to Justice”
- Presenter, Nashville, Tennessee and Lexington, KY, “Early Discovery in Interstate Trucking Litigation Cases”
- Presenter, Atlanta, GA, “Spoliation of the Log Books – How Trucking Companies Try to Hide the Truth”
- Lecturer, University of Scranton, Nursing Home Litigation
- Presenter, Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America Super Summit, St. Louis, MO, “Discovery in a Trucking Litigation Case”
Daniel’s Family & Community
- Board of Directors, Everhart Museum
- Coach, Little League Baseball
- Coach, Boys’ Basketball
- Coach, Girls’ Softball
- Society of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick
- Solicitor, Board of Directors, Abington Little League
- Board of Directors, Black and Blue Ball, Muscular Dystrophy Association 2007, 2008, 2009
- Board Member, Forum Towers
- Featured Speaker at the Council for Community Affairs Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Dinner, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Daniel is married to Valerie Munley and is the proud father of three children