John M. Mulcahey
John Mulcahey joined Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys in 2014. As a highly skilled personal injury lawyer and formidable trial advocate, John has helped thousands of families in Pennsylvania to get the justice and compensation they deserve. The cases he handled resulted in millions of dollars in settlements for his clients.
With over two decades of practicing experience in personal injury law, John has been praised statewide for his work. He is Board Certified in Civil Pretrial Practice Advocacy, as well as Certified as a Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Since 2020, John has been named to the Best Lawyers in America list for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs in Northeastern Pennsylvania. He has also been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer since 2012.
Receiving his J.D. from Duquesne University of Law in Pittsburgh, John graduated cum laude and has presented such cases as Stanton v. PPL to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Presented successful argument before Pennsylvania Supreme Court in Stanton v. PPL
Honors and Awards
- Named to Best Lawyers of America, 2020-present
- Named Super Lawyer by Pennsylvania Magazine, 2012-2022
- Board Certified Civil Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Board Certified Civil Pre-Trial Advocate, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Named to Top 100 Trial Lawyers in PA by National Trial Lawyers Association in 2014
- Duquesne University School of Law, Pittsburgh, PA, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 1994
- Member and Executive Editor, Duquesne Law Review
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, Master of Arts, 1991
- University of Scranton, Scranton, PA, Bachelor of Arts, 1989
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania 2018
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania 1997
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania 1994
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit 2001
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
Publications and Other Achievements
- Author, “Separation of Powers in Pennsylvania: The Judiciary’s Prevention of Legislated Encroachment,” 32 Duq. L. Rev. 539
- Author, “Case Note: Commonwealth v. LaBelle,” Duq. L. Rev. 625
Family & Community
- President, Scranton Club, 2009-2011
- Board Member, Scranton Club, 2005-2009
- Married to Attorney Danielle Mulcahey and the proud parent of a son