Katie Nealon joined Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys in 2014. She is a passionate personal injury attorney for her clients and takes great pride in helping those in need. Her work focuses on automobile accidents, premises liability, and dog bite cases.
Katie has received numerous industry awards and has been named to the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch list since 2021. Katie has also been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star since 2017 and was selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Bar Leadership Institute Class of 2017-2018.
She graduated summa cum laude from Whittier Law School in Costa Mesa, California, where she was an editor of the Whittier Law Review. She was recognized as an Outstanding Graduate in Business Law and won the Trial Advocacy competition: Best Cross Examination Award.
Katie was the district coordinator for the High School Mock Trial Competition, which includes Lackawanna, Wayne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Bradford, and Sullivan counties. She volunteers with Lackawanna Pro Bono, and is a member of the Young Lawyers Division of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the New Lawyers Division of the American Association for Justice, and The Pennsylvania Association for Justice. Additionally, she has served as an Advocate for both the Juvenile Hall Advocacy Clinic and the General Relief Advocacy Program, which provides assistance to individuals at the department of social services.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021-2024
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017-2023
- Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal’s Top 20 Under 40, 2022
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Bar Leadership Institute, 2017-2018
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, CA, Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2013
- Law Review, Notes & Comments Editor
- CALI Awards:
- International Intellectual Property
- Labor Law
- Professional Skills II
- Advanced Civil Procedure
- 2013 Outstanding Graduate in Business Law Award
- Trial Advocacy Competition: Best Cross Examination Award
- Wilkes University, Wilkes Barre, PA, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, magna cum laude, 2010
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2018
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Secretary, Civil Litigation Section
- Member, House of Delegates
- Member, Commission on Women in the Profession
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- Member, Auto Law Section
- American Association for Justice
- Member, New Lawyers Division
- Member, Women’s Caucus
- Member, Nursing Home Litigation Group
- Member, Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway, and Premises Liability Sections
- Presentation, “Preparing Your Case and Your Client for Trial,” AAJ 2022 Annual Convention, Seattle, WA, July 17, 2022.
- Presentation, “How to Use Technology to Aid Your Focus Group Presentation and Build Your Trial Opening,” Atlas Lawyers Seminar, Myrtle Beach, SC, October 2, 2019.
- Presentation, “The Case for Adjusting Your Perspective-Identifying and Combating Implicit Bias in the Practice of Law,” Pennsylvania Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Summer Summit, 2018.
- Panelist, “Ready, Set, Deposition and Trial,” American Association for Justice Women Trial Lawyers Caucus Leadership Summit, Denver, CO, July 6, 2018.
- Presenter, “Using Technology to Investigate and Build a Stronger Case,” Pike County Potpourri CLE, November 13, 2017
- Author, “Recent Developments in the Regulation and Litigation Related to “Full Self-Driving” Tesla,” American Association for Justice Community Blog, November 12, 2021
- Juvenile Hall Advocacy Clinic, Advocate
Interviewed juvenile detainees in a lock down facility to determine their needs and prepare reports as part of a mandated program of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- General Relief Advocacy Program, Advocate
Provided assistance to individuals at a department of social services office, seeking General Relief benefits, food stamps, and emergency food, shelter, and transportation.