Katie Nealon joined Munley Law in 2014. She is a passionate personal injury attorney for her clients and takes great pride in helping those in need. Her work focuses on automobile accidents, premises liability and dog bite cases.
Katie has received numerous industry awards and has been named Best Lawyers to Watch 2021, Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2017-2021, and selected for inclusion in the Pennsylvania Bar Leadership Institute Class of 2017-2018.
She graduated summa cum laude from Whittier Law School where she was editor on Law Review, recognized as Outstanding Graduate in Business Law and won the Trial Advocacy competition: Best Cross Examination Award.
Currently, Katie is the district coordinator for the High School Mock Trial Competition, which includes Lackawanna, Wayne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Bradford and Sullivan counties. She volunteers with Lackawanna Pro Bono, and is a member of the Young Lawyers Division of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the New Lawyers Division of the American Association for Justice and The Pennsylvania Association for Justice. Additionally, she has served as an Advocate for both the Juvenile Hall Advocacy Clinic and the General Relief Advocacy Program, which provides assistance to individuals at the department of social services.
Honors and Awards
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, 2021
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2017-2021
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Bar Leadership Institute, 2017-2018
- Whittier Law School, Costa Mesa, CA, Juris Doctor, summa cum laude, 2013
- Law Review, Notes&Comments Editor
- CALI Awards:
- International Intellectual Property
- Labor Law
- Professional Skills II
- Advanced Civil Procedure
- 2013 Outstanding Graduate in Business Law Award
- Trial Advocacy Competition: Best Cross Examination Award
- Wilkes University, Wilkes Barre, PA, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, magna cum laude, 2010
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2018
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2018
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Presentation, “How to Use Technology to Aid Your Focus Group Presentation and Build Your Trial Opening,” Atlas Lawyers Seminar, Myrtle Beach, SC, October 2, 2019
- Presentation, “The Case for Adjusting Your Perspective-Identifying and Combating Implicit Bias in the Practice of Law,” Pennsylvania Bar Association Young Lawyers Division Summer Summit, 2018.
- Panelist, “Ready, Set, Deposition and Trial,” American Association for Justice Women Trial Lawyers Caucus Leadership Summit, Denver, CO, July 6, 2018
- Presenter, “Using Technology to Investigate and Build a Stronger Case,” Pike County Potpourri CLE, November 13, 2017
- Juvenile Hall Advocacy Clinic, Advocate
- Interviewed juvenile detainees in a lock down facility to determine their needs and prepare reports as part of a mandated program of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- General Relief Advocacy Program, Advocate
- Provided assistance to individuals at a department of social services office, seeking General Relief benefits, food stamps, and emergency food, shelter, and transportation.