If you were injured in a Pittsburgh car crash, it’s time to take action
See what Pittsburgh car accident lawyers at Munley Law can do for you
Located in the western part of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh is a vibrant city known for its rich history, stunning architecture, and thriving sports culture. Unfortunately, amid the bustling streets and highways, car accidents can occur, causing severe injuries, emotional distress, and financial burdens. When faced with the aftermath of a car accident, it’s crucial to have a skilled Pittsburgh car accident lawyer by your side to protect your rights and advocate for your best interests.
This is where Munley Law comes in.
With years of experience as car accident lawyers and a deep understanding of local regulations, they are dedicated to providing you with the highest level of legal representation. If you suffered an injury in an Allegheny County car crash, you need a Pittsburgh car accident attorney who will fight for you. You need Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys.
Call us today. The consultation is always free.
How Can a Pittsburgh Car Accident Lawyer Help With My Case?
After a car accident you might have a lot of anxiety about your injuries, lost wages, damage to your vehicle, and more. Our experienced car accident lawyer wants you to focus on your recovery. Following your accident, your attorneys will get immediately to work. We will handle all of your communications with the insurance company greatly reducing the pressure and stress following your car accident. We will work on your car accident claim immediately so you can focus on getting better and getting your life back. That is why you need Munley Law Car Accident Lawyers.
An experienced personal injury lawyer knows how to negotiate with the insurance company to make sure accident victims get what they deserve.
In addition, we will negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Not all car accident cases need to go to court or an attorney. We are often able to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company to recover a just amount of compensation for your injuries and losses. We will let the insurance company know that we are prepared and ready for a court case. Oftentimes that is all we need to win a favorable settlement.
Your car accident lawyer will also:
- Investigate the car crash and gather witness statements, police and accident reports, and medical records.
- Prepare a personal injury claim, if necessary.
- File insurance claims on your behalf.
- Research case law and state statutes.
- File any insurance claim and will manage all communications and negotiations with insurance adjusters to protect your interests.
- Prepare documents necessary for the case related to the car accident.
- Will help prove “negligence”; a crucial part of any personal injury case.
- We will make sure you get the medical care you deserve in order to fully recover. Whether you have serious injuries or just need some short-term physical therapy, the insurance company might try to avoid their financial responsibility to save themselves money. Your car accident lawyer will fight to make sure you get the care you need from imaging tests to doctors’ visits to physical therapy so you can focus on your recovery.
- If necessary, our attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf. We are often able to negotiate with an insurance company just by presenting the evidence we have amassed on our client’s behalf. But if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement we are prepared and willing to take your case to court. We have some of the largest personal injury case settlements in the country with our top rated attorney. We are ready to fight for you.
- Appeal your case, if necessary. If we do end up in court, the verdict will sometimes favor the at-fault driver. If this happens our attorney is ready to appeal the decision to a higher court. We will fight to the end for your fair compensation.
What Compensation Can I Receive Following a Car Accident?
The days and weeks following motor vehicle wreck can be a confusing whirlwind. Both serious car accidents and more minor fender benders have defective consequences. You might have serious injuries, be facing lost wages due to missing work for doctors’ visits or pain, you might have mounting medical expenses and through all this, you also need to focus on recovering. Call us for an attorney and we will take care of everything.
You need to know that you might be entitled to financial compensation for your financial and non-economic losses caused by the car crash such as:
- Repairs to your vehicle or a vehicle replacement
- Compensation for any loss of income due to the car accident injury such as lost time at work for injury, pain, or doctors’ visits
- Direct medical costs related to injury caused by the accident
- Pain and suffering resulting from the accident
- Loss of or damage to property as a result of the accident
- Other expenses that are related to the accident such as
- Cost of mental health treatment
- Cost of physical therapy following an injury related to the accident
- Cost of rental vehicles or other transportation costs due to loss or damage of your primary vehicle in the accident
Personal injury cases can be complex. You will want an experienced car accident lawyer in your corner.
To discover what compensation you may be entitled to, contact the experts at Munley Law for a free consultation.
When Should I File a Car Crash Claim in Pittsburgh?
In every state, there are strict time limits for filing court cases called “statutes of limitations.” Different kinds of cases have different statutes of limitations. You need a Munley attorney right away. In Pennsylvania, car crash personal injury claims must be filed within 2 years of the auto accident, including ridesharing accidents (Uber accidents and/or Lyft accidents).
If your loved one died in a crash, the case must be brought within 2 years of death.
While 2 years may sound like a long time, there is a lot to do. Your lawyer will want as much time as possible to investigate, gather documents, hire experts, conduct legal research, and write your complaint. The sooner you contact a good car accident lawyer, the better your chances of recovering the maximum amount. When you’re ready, a consultation with an award-winning Munley Law Pittsburgh personal injury lawyer is ALWAYS free. Call us today.
Don’t hesitate to call us! The limitation is only 2 years. Call us for the best car accident lawyer.
What Do I Do After a Car Accident?
Our Pittsburgh car accident lawyers know that the moments following a car accident are among the scariest that most people ever experience. As such, it is important to know what to do if you are involved in a collision. In the event of a crash, take the following steps:
- Remain calm and stay in your vehicle if it is safe to do so. In order to navigate the accident scene, you will need a clear head and a calm demeanor. Try to stay as relaxed as possible. If you are able to, you should remain in your vehicle until police arrive and clear the scene.
- Call 911. Even if an accident seems minor and no one appears to be injured, you should call 911. The police will help direct traffic and make sure the scene is safe. Medical responders can transport any injured passengers to the closest hospital. Firefighters will put out any car fires and deal with a range of other dangers.
- File a police report. Once the police arrive, it is important to file a police report and get your own copy if possible. Write down the name and badge number of the officer.
- Seek medical treatment. After an accident, many people are so startled that they do not realize they are hurt. Even if you do not think you are injured, go to the hospital. Remember to save any reports or records that the hospital gives you.
- Contact (only) your insurance company. Regardless of the damage to your defective car, call your car insurance company and file an accident report. Do not speak with any other driver’s car insurance agents.
- Hire our reputable Pittsburgh car accident attorneys. Taking on the auto, medical, and insurance industries is no easy feat. Consult with a Munley Law lawyer today.
What is Tort Insurance and How Does It Impact My Claim?
Some states, including Pennsylvania, give two coverage options when choosing car insurance policies. This is done to ensure a person chooses a policy that best fits their needs. The two coverage options given in Pennsylvania are limited tort — which restricts the compensation a person can get from a case — and full tort — which puts no restrictions on the compensation.
Consult with Munley Law for an Attorney today!
When choosing limited tort vs. full tort coverage, it is important to know the difference between the two to make sure you choose the best fit for you. Here are the differences between full tort and limited tort coverage in Pennsylvania.
To fully understand the difference between limited and full tort coverage, you must know what tort insurance does.
Simply put, tort insurance allows the injury victim to be compensated by the person who caused the accident. However, the victim’s right to sue the other driver for the accident they caused depends on the type of tort option the injured driver had chosen — limited or full tort.
Limited Tort for Accident Cases
The right to seek restitution from the at-fault motorist is subject to limited tort coverage, as described in Pennsylvania Statutes Title 75 PA.CSA Vehicles 1705.
Contact Munley Law today for a free consultation.
In Pennsylvania, having limited tort coverage implies that you can only bring a claim for short-term problems or pain and suffering, but not for long-term problems like medical bills, lost income, or other out-of-pocket expenses.
Only if you have suffered a serious injury can you file a limited tort lawsuit for pain and suffering.
The legal system often defines serious injuries as those that:
- Loss of a limb
- A permanent disfigurement
- A serious impairment, such as paralysis
- An injury that can prevent you from working for the rest of your life, such as a traumatic brain injuries
Other exceptions to the restrictions with limited tort insurance include:
- The driver at fault was under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- The driver’s vehicle has out-of-state registration
- The driver caused the accident with the intent to injury the victim
- The driver does not have car insurance
It’s crucial to understand that in Pennsylvania, limited tort coverage must be requested. Don’t wait any longer, call our lawyers.
If you don’t specifically request limited tort protection, you’ll always have full tort protection up until you ask to switch to a limited tort option.
Pennsylvania Statutes Title 75 PA.CSA Vehicles § 1705 states that full tort coverage gives an unrestricted right to seek compensation for injuries from the other driver. With full tort coverage, you can not only sue for medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage, but you will be able to sue for non-economic damages, more commonly known as pain and suffering.
if you are suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and you are no longer able to drive your vehicle, if you have full tort, you would be able to sue the at-fault driver for your PTSD and the changes it has made in your life. Nobody wants to picture that trauma every day. You need Munley Law Car Accident Lawyers.
However, if you had limited tort, you wouldn’t be able to sue for damages.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Pittsburgh, PA?
According to PennDOT’s car accident study statistics, some of the most common car crash causes in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, and around the state are:
- Distracted Driving. This means any time a driver takes their eyes or attention off of the road ahead (visual distraction), hands off the wheel for any reason (manual distraction), or lets their mind starts to focus on something other than driving (cognitive distraction).
- Drowsy Driving. If an individual drives while they are fatigued, their driving skills and judgment can be significantly impaired. Driving while drowsy is proven to affect drivers similarly to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, and poses a major danger to the individual behind the wheel and other drivers.
- Drunk Driving. Driving while intoxicated is the cause of approximately one-third of all car accident fatalities, with more than 10,000 or more deaths due to drunk drivers each year. In the United States, it is illegal to drive with a 0.08% blood alcohol concentration. Driving past this limit seriously affects visual function, reduces coordination, impairs the perception of objects and speed, and therefore impairs overall vehicle control.
- Speeding and Aggressive Driving. While exceeding the speed limit accounts for one-third of all auto accident fatalities, driving unreasonably fast for certain conditions also contributes to these speeding car accidents. Speeding during heavy downpours, snowstorms, and congested traffic, for instance, pose a deadly threat to other drivers, pedestrians, and the driver themselves.
- Poor Weather Conditions. Western Pennsylvania gets its share of ALL weather conditions throughout the year. Rain, fog, high winds, snow, sleet, icy road conditions, and more are very familiar to Pittsburgh drivers. However, driving during poor weather conditions regardless of how “experienced” you are significantly increases your chances of a car accident. Unfortunately, while most drivers adhere to inclement weather conditions, some drivers still drive negligently. Negligent driving during poor weather conditions includes drivers who refuse to slow down, turn on their headlights, or maintain a safe distance from other cars.
Why Choose Munley Law?
Many car crash victims learn the hard way that who you choose to represent you really matters. At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we pride ourselves on being different, and our results speak for themselves. With our “contingency fee” model, our car accident lawyer won’t get a penny unless and until they win big for you. If you or your loved one were injured or wrongfully died in a crash, you need a Pittsburgh car accident lawyer, you need Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys.
Munley Law – Pittsburg Car Accident Lawyer
Munley law auto accident attorneys associates are top rated providers in vehicle accidents. There are many types of vehicle accidents such as semi truck or an uber. You can possibly have a criminal case. Their defense has nothing on Pittsburg auto accident attorney. The time is limited to make your case so you need an attorney asap. You can view profile to see the types of cases we won.
Schedule your free consultation right away.
Munley Law has the best car accident lawyers. Don’t hesitate, call today!
Remember there is limitations to state your case! You need an attorney asap. Our accident lawyer will show you the accident cases we have won. Personal injury or a car accident, our lawyers can help.
Pittsburgh Practice Areas
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys
510 Third Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15219