Breaking News: Takata airbag tied to 11th death in the U.S.; Additional 2.7 million airbags recalled
Munley Law is aggressively representing victims injured or killed by Takata airbag inflators. If you or someone you love suffered serious injury from an exploding airbag, contact an airbag recall lawyer at Munley Law for a free consultation. Munley Law is a national law firm with more than 50 years of experience in taking on big companies in recall cases. We are the leading law firm in airbag recall cases and have consistently been recognized as Best Lawyers In America for decades. Our own Marion Munley was named Product Liability Lawyer of the Year, 2017.
We have achieved some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the country for our clients, and we are ready to fight against Takata and the automakers for you. Give us a call today at (855) 866-5529 for an evaluation of your case, free of charge.
Takata Airbag Injuries Prompt Nationwide Recall
The Takata airbag recall is the largest and most complex in U.S. history. The airbag inflators are made by Takata Corp., a Tokyo-based supplier of seat belts, airbags, steering wheels, and other auto parts. Due to the unstable nature of the inflators’ chemical propellant, ammonium nitrate, the inflator may rupture in a crash, sending shards of metal shrapnel throughout the interior of the vehicle. As a result, the device meant to save lives is potentially more deadly than the crash itself.
To date, there are more than 30 million vehicles in the United States affected by the recall and in recent news, the NHTSA is planning to impose a record $200 million penalty against Takata for the recall. In addition, Toyota, Honda, and most recently Ford have dropped Takata as their airbag supplier.
Currently, 11 fatalities and 180 injuries in the U.S. have been linked to the Takata airbags.
Takata Airbag Recall List
Automakers including Honda, Ford, Mazda, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Mitsubishi, BMW, Volkswagen, and Mercedes-Benz have expanded the recalls on their vehicles. Below is a partial list of vehicles recalled for faulty Takata airbags. The number of affected vehicles has recently doubled, and the list of makes/models continues to grow.
- Acura: 2002–2003 TL; 2003 CL; 2003–2006 MDX; 2005 Acura RL
- BMW (approximately 765,000): 2000–2006 3-series sedan and wagon; 2002–2006 3-series coupe and convertible; 2001–2006 M3 coupe and convertible; 2002–2003 5-series and M5; 2003–2004 X5
- Chevrolet (330,198, including GMC): 2007–2008 Chevrolet Silverado HD
- Chrysler: 2005–2010 Chrysler 300; 2007–2008 Aspen
- Daimler (40,061): 2006–2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 and 3500; 2007–2008 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 and 3500
- Dodge/Ram (approximately 5.63 million, including Chrysler, not including Daimler-built Sprinter): 2003–2008 Dodge Ram 1500; 2005–2010 Charger and Magnum; 2005–2011 Dakota; 2004–2008 Durango; 2003–2009 Ram 2500 and 3500; 2008–2010 Challenger, Ram 4500, and Ram 5500
- Ford (1,380,604): 2004–2006 Ranger; 2005–2006 GT; 2005–2014 Mustang
- GMC: 2007–2008 GMC Sierra HD
- Honda (approximately 21 million worldwide, including Acura): 2001–2007 Accord (four-cylinder); 2001–2002 Accord (V-6); 2001–2005 Civic; 2002–2006, 2016 CR-V; 2002–2004 Odyssey; 2003–2005 Civic Hybrid; 2003–2011 Element; 2003–2008 Pilot; 2006 Ridgeline
- Infiniti: 2001–2004 Infiniti I30/I35; 2002–2003 Infiniti QX4; 2003–2005 Infiniti FX35/FX45; 2006 Infiniti M35/M45
- Lexus: 2002–2007 SC430
- Mazda (444,907): 2003–2008 Mazda 6; 2006–2007 Mazdaspeed 6; 2004–2008 Mazda RX-8; 2004–2005 MPV; 2004–2006 B-series
- Mitsubishi (104,994): 2004–2006 Lancer and Lancer Evolution; 2006–2009 Raider
- Nissan (approximately 1,091,000, including Infiniti): 2001–2003 Maxima; 2002–2004 Pathfinder; 2002–2006 Nissan Sentra
- Pontiac (approximately 300,000): 2003–2007 Vibe
- Saab: 2005 9-2X
- Subaru (approximately 80,000): 2003–2005 Baja, Legacy, Outback; 2004–2005 Impreza, Impreza WRX, Impreza WRX STI
- Toyota (approximately 4.7 million, including Lexus): 2002–2007 Toyota Sequoia; 2003–2007 Corolla and Corolla Matrix; 2003–2006 Tundra; 2004–2005 RAV4
Contact Airbag Recall Law Firm Munley Law Now
Although Munley Law is based in Pennsylvania, our attorneys will travel to meet with clients all over the country. If you or a loved one has been seriously hurt because of Takata airbags, our lawyers will come to you wherever you are located. Please call us today for a free consultation (855) 866-5529 or fill out the form below.