Rideshare Accidents and Personal Injury Can Be Difficult. Munley Law Can Help.
In many locations, rideshare services have become a preferred mode of transportation for their convenience and accessibility. Rideshare services have increased significantly in recent years and have had a major impact on the transportation industry, changing the way people travel around in cities and towns like Stroudsburg. When you get into a rideshare accident, you may not know what your next steps should be. Fortunately, Munley Law is here to help.
The Stroudsburg rideshare accident lawyers at Munley Law have been helping victims of Uber and Lyft car accidents receive compensation for their injuries. We understand how difficult a rideshare accident case can be and are ready to hold the ridesharing company accountable for the accident. If you were in a car accident with a rideshare driver, we’re here to help. Contact a Stroudsburg car accident lawyer now to schedule a free consultation.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
What to Do If You’ve Been Involved in a Rideshare, Lyft, Uber Accident
No one expects to get into a car accident, particularly when riding as a passenger in a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. On average, people don’t take lengthy rideshare trips. On the contrary, the average Uber ride is about five miles. And although accidents don’t discriminate when it comes to the length of a trip, most people just expect to safely be in and out of their rideshare from Point A to Point B. In fact, rideshare passengers are less likely to buckle up than when in their own vehicle: 28 percent of Americans admit they don’t buckle up when riding in the back seat of a rideshare.
Despite the average rideshare trip being a short one, an Uber or Lyft obviously is not immune to being involved in an accident. And being a passenger involved in a car accident can be confusing and frightening, both at the time of the crash and in the aftermath. At the scene of the crash, if you are safe and able to, the following steps should be taken:
- Call the police: Even if the accident is minor and seems to only involve property damage, it’s important to report it to the police. They will create an official report that can be useful for insurance purposes.
- Document the scene: Take photos and videos of the accident scene, including the damage to the vehicles involved, the license plates, and any other relevant details. If there are any witnesses, take down their name and their contact information.
- Report the accident to the rideshare company as soon as possible.
- Exchange information: Get the name, contact information, and insurance details of the other driver(s) involved in the accident.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it is important to see a doctor as soon as possible to make sure you don’t have any hidden injuries. Injuries like concussions, whiplash, or internal damage are not always immediately evident.
- Contact a rideshare accident lawyer: A lawyer can help you navigate the complicated insurance policies and legal issues involved in a rideshare accident and help you get the compensation you deserve.
Who is Responsible for a Rideshare Accident Injuries?
Determining liability for a rideshare car accident can be more layered than the average auto accident. The two major rideshare services, Uber and Lyft, both require that their drivers either have their own personal auto insurance policy or that they purchase auto insurance through the rideshare company. Fortunately, this means that auto insurance coverage is likely in place, but the dicey part is that the insurance companies will try to deflect responsibility.
Uber and Lyft each carry $1 million insurance policies intended to cover riders for the duration of their trips. However, if an Uber or Lyft rideshare driver was not logged into the app at the time of the accident, the company may not be liable since the driver was technically off the clock. Likewise, the rideshare driver’s personal auto insurance policy may cover your damages.
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have different levels of coverage depending on the part of the trip the rideshare driver is on:
Different insurance coverage may apply during each period, with many rideshare companies providing some level of insurance coverage during periods 2 and 3, but not necessarily during period 1. The period delineations can be hazy and an experienced rideshare accident lawyer can navigate the complex insurance policies and regulations on your behalf.
If you have sustained injuries in a rideshare accident, the last thing you want to be doing is navigating phone calls with insurance companies and filling out paperwork. This is a time for you to rest, heal, and let an experienced attorney advocate for you.
What Are the Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents in a car accident?
- Distracted driving – Rideshare drivers are often multitasking. While they’re making sure to pay attention to their app to accept or decline their next ride, they may become distracted increasing the risk of causing an accident.
- Reckless or aggressive driving – Speeding, tailgating, and sudden lane changes while trying to keep on schedule are examples of reckless driving that can increase the risk of an accident.
- Fatigue – Long hours and tight schedules can lead to driver fatigue, which can impair judgment and reaction time. Additionally, a large part of a rideshare driver’s profits come from late-night trips, transporting people to and from bars, clubs, and homes. Late-night driving may cause drowsiness after extended hours and working late at night.
- Poor vehicle maintenance – Rideshare drivers are often responsible for maintaining their own vehicles, and neglecting regular maintenance can lead to mechanical issues that can cause accidents.
- Weather conditions – Adverse weather conditions such as rain, snow, or ice can make driving more dangerous, particularly for inexperienced or untrained drivers.
- Road conditions – Poor road conditions such as potholes, construction, or debris can also increase the risk of an accident.
- Navigation issues – Reliance on navigation devices and apps can sometimes lead to drivers taking unfamiliar or dangerous routes, increasing the risk of an accident.
Why Do You Need a Stroudsburg Rideshare Accident Lawyer or any Attorney?
If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, you’ll want to consider consulting with a personal injury lawyer. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand your rights and legal options and can represent you in negotiations with insurance companies or if necessary, in court.
As mentioned above, liability can be tricky. A Stroudsburg personal injury lawyer who has dealt with rideshare accidents will be able to ask the right questions, gather the relevant evidence, and help you recover the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
If you’ve been involved in a Stroudsburg rideshare accident in Monroe County, call Munley Law for a free consultation with one of our experienced accident attorneys. The attorneys at Munley Law have a reputation for excellence, optimal results, and client satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions of Accident Attorneys
What Type of Compensation is Available After a Stroudsburg Rideshare Accident Injury?
Economic damages are financial losses that are directly tied to a specific monetary value, such as past and future medical expenses, loss of past and future wages, and property damage. Economic damages are typically easier to quantify because they can be proven with receipts, bills, and other documentation.
- Medical expenses: This can include expenses for doctor visits, hospital stays, rehabilitation, prescription drugs, and any other medical treatment related to your accident.
- Lost wages: If you missed work or will miss work because of your accident or injuries, you may be able to recover the wages you lost or will lose.
- Property damage: As another driver involved in an accident with a rideshare driver, you can recover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle, as well as any other property that was damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages are losses that are less likely to be quantified by a specific monetary value due to their subjectivity. Non-economic damages include types of losses such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Pain and suffering and emotional distress: This type of compensation is meant to compensate you for the physical and emotional pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the accident has affected your ability to engage in activities you previously enjoyed, you may be able to recover compensation for this type of loss.
Can You File a Claim for an Uber accident with a Munley Attorney?
The short answer is, yes, you can file a claim if you’ve been involved in an Uber accident. When you take a ride in an Uber, you are owed a duty of care. In other words, as a customer, Uber has a responsibility for your safety. If that duty of care is breached, you may take action against Uber. For more information on filing a claim against Uber, contact our Stroudsburg Uber accident lawyer.
How Do I Choose a Stroudsburg Car Crash Lawyer?
It’s important to find a lawyer that you feel comfortable with. Look for lawyers with knowledge and experience in rideshare car accident cases who have credible client reviews and testimonials. You’ll want a skilled negotiator and you’ll also want your lawyer to have experience with taking your case to trial if necessary. Your lawyer’s team is important as well; what kind of resources do they have to build your case? Do they have experienced investigators and experts ready to build your case?
Contact Munley Law. Your Accident Lawyer
Our Stroudsburg rideshare accident attorneys at Munley Law are ready to provide exceptional legal services to our personal injury clients. Our goal is to maintain the highest standard of excellence on behalf of our clients through teamwork and the use of our extensive resources and experience.
Keep in mind that we only get paid if we win monetary damages for you. If you’ve been involved in a Stroudsburg rideshare accident, contact Munley Law for a free no obligation consultation.
accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents lawyers lawyers lawyers collision rideshare accident attorney accident attorney accident attorney accident injuries lyft driver law offices law offices truck accidents truck accidents family law family law restaurants restaurants injuries injuries car car car car car county county county county county county county motor motor motor fault fault fault motor vehicle motor vehicle motor vehicle firm law firm vehicle vehicle vehicle malpractice malpractice estate estate monroe county
Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer Stroudburg rideshare accident lawyer
Stroudsburg Practice Areas
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys
27 N 6th St,
Stroudsburg, PA 18360