Were you hurt in a truck accident in Stroudsburg?
Schedule an appointment with a Stroudsburg truck accident lawyer at our Monroe County satellite office: 27 North 6th Street, Stroudsburg, PA.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident/Wrongful Death
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Crash
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accident
$4.7 Million Truck Accidents
An accident involving a 50-foot, 80,000lb truck is one of the most terrifying things that can happen to you as a driver. Your injuries can devastate your physical health, keep you out of work, and even render you permanently disabled. These damages can be costly, but you shouldn’t have to bear them alone. As the injured victim, you have rights. Let the experienced truck accident attorneys at Munley Law handle the legal hurdles so that you receive proper compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Stroudsburg truck accident lawyer at Munley Law for a free legal consultation.
Unlike other personal injury attorney, we devote a significant portion of our practice to truck and tractor trailer accidents. Our seasoned truck crash attorneys have the knowledge and experience necessary to get you the compensation you deserve for injuries in a Stroudsburg tractor trailer crash. Daniel Munley is the past chair of the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group; Marion Munley is to become the first woman chair-elect in the group’s history. Each member of our trucking team brings decades of experience and in-depth knowledge to every case we take. You can be sure that your case is in good hands.
Chat live, fill out our email form, or call (855) 866-5529 today for a FREE and confidential consultation. We do not get paid unless we win your case; you never pay anything upfront.
Truck Crashes in Stroudsburg, PA
A high volume of truck and passenger vehicle traffic moves through Stroudsburg and Monroe County every day. Truck accidents happen. Major highways with heavy truck and vehicle traffic in Stroudsburg include PA Route 191, Route 611, US Route 209, Route 447 and I-80. Pennsylvania is among the top ten states in the U.S. with the most truck accidents.
Passenger vehicles offer little protection against the size and weight of a big rig or tractor trailer. In the event of a crash, it is most often the passengers in smaller vehicles who suffer the worst injuries or death. But, there’s a reason truck driving is considered one of the most dangerous jobs in America. At Munley Law, our truck accident attorneys represent truck drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bikers, and others who suffered serious injury in an accident with a tractor trailer in Stroudsburg.
What to do after a truck wreck in Stroudsburg
- Seek medical care immediately.
- Contact the police.
- Save all documents, including medical records, vehicle repairs and damage, etc.
- Do not sign anything. Trucking companies and their insurance companies have teams of lawyers working on their behalf with a goal of paying out as little as possible in the event of truck accident. Do not sign anything or accept any settlement without consulting Munley Law. You need an experienced Stroudsburg truck accident law firm on your side to make sure you are treated fairly.
- Contact a Stroudsburg truck accident attorney. You likely haven’t experienced a truck wreck before, and it can be overwhelming. Don’t accept an offer from the insurance company until you consult with an experienced Stroudsburg truck accident lawyer. Even if your injuries are severe, you are unlikely to get a fair settlement unless you have a legal representative. At Munley Law, a Monroe County or Stroudsburg truck crash attorney will provide a free consultation, answer your questions, take a look at the evidence, and help you determine how to proceed from here.
- Exchange information with other parties. While you most certainly need to report the crash, and the police will therefore have detailed records of all parties’ information, it is wise to take note of this information yourself as well. Here is the the information you should take down:
– Truck driver name, address, phone number and email address
– Truck driver insurance and policy information
– Driver’s license number for the truck driver
– Name and contact information for the truck driver employer
- Check for witnesses. It’s wise to make note of whether the crash was witnessed by any third parties, who may be able to provide helpful information. You are within your rights to ask for the information of anyone on the accident scene (though they are under no legal obligation to provide it to you). Later on, you can also check the accident report to see if the responding officer spoke to any witnesses you were not aware of at the time.
- Document the accident. Use your phone to take photos of the accident, and of both vehicles. If you are injured, document your injuries immediately.
If you or a loved one have been seriously injured in a trucking accident in Stroudsburg or Monroe County, call a Munley Law truck accident attorney today at (855) 866-5529.
What to Ask a Stroudsburg Truck Accident Lawyer
When securing an experienced truck accident lawyer, there are several things you’ll want to look for and questions you’ll want to ask. Perhaps first and foremost is ensuring that your attorney has a lengthy and legitimate record in handling commercial truck accidents specifically. These can be very complex cases, and often involve resistance on the side of the trucking company. You’ll want an attorney that’s familiar with this type of law and the minutiae of trucking regulations.
Beyond that, you will want to be sure your attorney has real trial experience. While your goal may be a settlement, there is always a chance that these cases are taken to court. In that case, you will want to be confident that your attorney can successfully represent you in court and draw on their many years of trial experience. At Munley Law, every single lawyer has years of real courtroom experience, and can fight for you in that setting should that prove necessary.
Below are some additional questions to ask your Stroudsburg truck accident lawyer:
- What is your success record as a truck accident lawyer?
- How often have you settled versus going to trial?
- How likely is it that my specific truck accident case will settle versus going to trial?
- Based on the evidence, who is responsible for the truck accident?
- What kind of damages, and how much compensation, do you think I am eligible for in my truck accident case?
- Do you think I have a case? Or do you advise that I should file a personal injury claim with my own insurance company?
- How involved will I be in the hands on decision making?
- Do you have experience facing large corporate legal teams in truck accidents?
- What materials do you need from me?
Our Stroudsburg truck accident lawyers protect the rights of the injured
At Munley Law, our clients are our top priority. We will work to:
- Determine the specific cause or causes of the truck accident that led to your injuries
- Collect critical evidence from the scene of the trucking accident
- Identify regulatory violations that may have contributed to your accident
- Work closely with medical professionals to document the extent of your injuries
When you are involved in an accident with a large commercial truck in Stroudsburg and Monroe County, it can be catastrophic. Truck accident injuries can include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, burn injuries, head and neck injuries, crush injuries, amputation, internal injuries, broken bones, back injuries, paralysis and wrongful death. Your injuries may leave you unable to work, or temporarily or permanently disabled. Our team will not only help you get compensation for your medical bills, but also for the other financial hardships you incur, including lost wages, long-term care, altered quality of life, and pain and suffering.
Fighting for the rights of Stroudsburg truck accident victims
Helping the innocent victims of big rig accidents and truck car collisions is the number one priority of the Munley Law Stroudsburg truck accident attorneys. We work tirelessly to present you case, negotiate with the insurance company, and go to trial if necessary. Most importantly, we hold those responsible for your injuries accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a tractor trailer crash, you need the help of a Munley Law truck wreck lawyer today.
And when it comes to our Stroudsburg truck accident lawyers and their expertise, dedication, and skill, you don’t just have to take our word for it. Munley Law boasts a lengthy and varied catalog of victim success stories, including many that involve truck accidents. For instance, our team at Munley Law has reached settlements involving Pennsylvania truck accidents cases that range from $1.5, all the way up to $26 million dollars, covering everything in between. These cases cover every possible type of truck accident, because we are dedicated to protecting victims’ rights in any and all circumstances. With a Stroudsburg truck accident attorney, you can be sure you are working with a team that values you and will protect your interests to the utmost.
Munley Law truck accident settlements and verdicts
A small sample of our truck crash case victories on behalf of injured victims:
- $8 million settlement for a truck accident
- $6.9 million settlement when a garbage truck crashed into a car
- $6.5 million settlement to a man brain injured by a garbage truck accident
- $4.7 million truck accident settlement
- $3.97 million settlement for family of man killed in a tractor-trailer crash
- $3.5 million jury verdict for a pedestrian hit by a truck
What caused your truck crash in Stroudsburg?
Accidents involving large trucks, big rigs, 18-wheelers and tractor-trailers can prove devastating to the innocent victims involved. Causes of truck accident include:
- Driver Fatigue – One of the most common causes of truck wrecks, truck driver fatigue and drowsy driving is extremely dangerous. Trucking companies sometimes impose unrealistic deadlines that force commercial truck drivers into working longer hours than federal trucking regulations allow. This creates a very real danger for the occupants of passenger vehicles and also for truck drivers. If rest rule violations contributed to your accident, we will find out, and hold the negligent parties responsible.
- Distracted Driving – Distracted driving has become a huge problem in this country and the cause of many vehicle accidents. When a truck driver is distracted, the resulting accident could be catastrophic. Texting while driving a truck, eating while driving, looking at paperwork, or taking attention off the road for any reason while driving a truck can cause a fatal truck accident.
- Poor Maintenance & Inspection – Trucking companies must perform regular maintenance and inspection on their vehicles to keep them in safe working order. When trucking companies ignore or delay necessary truck inspections and maintenance they risk the lives of their drivers and the general public. Negligent truck companies may try to save money by allowing drivers to use large trucks and other equipment that hasn’t been properly maintained. This lack of adequate truck maintenance can lead to a serious truck accident. A knowledgeable Stroudsburg truck accident attorney will look at the records of the truck repair schedule, which may show a lack of necessary maintenance.
- Reckless Driving – While most truckers take great care on the road, some truck drivers fail to put safety first. If a truck driver is driving dangerously, speeding, tailgating, changing lanes quickly, making unsafe turns, violating the rules of the road or driving too fast for road conditions, it can lead to a serious tractor trailer crash. If negligent actions from a truck driver, including the use of drugs or alcohol, caused an accident that injured you or a loved one, you may have a case.
- Negligent Hiring/Training – A trucking company may have hired an inexperienced truck driver, performed no background check or an inadequate background check and then did not provide adequate training for the trucker on the particular size and weight vehicle they would be driving. If a trucking company’s negligent hiring or training practices led to your truck accident injuries, you may have a case against the trucking company. Contact the Munley Law trucking litigation team today.
- Violation of Trucking Regulations – The FMCSA regulations limits the hours a truck driver can drive, as well as limiting the maximum amount of weight a truck is allowed to carry. They provide rules for proper loading and tie-down requirements, truck maintenance and inspection procedures, licensing and driver testing and restrict the use of drugs and alcohol. Truck drivers and trucking companies must comply with all federal and state trucking regulations. When they don’t comply, and their negligence causes a truck crash, they can be held liable for any injuries. Truckers and trucking companies are required to keep logs and shipping schedules, which need to be updated and contain the correct information.
- Overloaded Trailers – Large trucks already weigh a massive amount, and overloading them or incorrectly loading truck cargo can cause a very dangerous situation. Overloading and other unsafe loading practices can make it very difficult for a trucker to correctly maneuver a truck, cause cargo shifts, cause a rollover, or greatly impact stop times, resulting in a collision.
- Underride accidents – When a car rear-ends a truck (or gets pushed forward into the truck when rear-ended by another vehicle), the car can slide under the truck on impact, shearing off the top of the car and killing vehicle occupants. If you’ve been injured or a loved on killed in a truck crash, call a Munley Law Stroudsburg truck crash attorney today.
Common types of injuries occurring in Stroudsburg truck accidents
All accidents can cause a vast range of injuries, and most truck accidents are no exception. One of the most common types of injuries in all motor vehicle accidents is whiplash, which impact the soft tissue of the neck and is usually associated with rear end collisions. Other types of injuries include:
- Disc injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord injuries (or paralysis)
- Broken bones
Unfortunately, injuries that occur as a result of truck accidents are often more extensive, and deserving of substantial financial compensation. Traumatic brain injuries, or TBIs, are a devastating and extremely complex type of injury often associated with motor vehicle side impact crashes. Symptoms, as outlined by the CDC, include:
- Sensitivity to light
- Loss of memory
- Difficulty thinking clearly
- Change in emotion, such as increased agitation, sadness, or anxiety
Any injury that occurs as a result of an accident such as this is devastating. If you or one of your loved ones has been hurt as a result of a truck accident, please, seek the aid of an experienced car accident attorney. Our Stroudsburg truck crash lawyers are talented, professional, and committed above all else to fighting on your behalf. We will win you the compensation you are owed for your immense suffering, and we don’t get paid until we do so.
Qualified Stroudsburg tractor trailer accident attorneys
Commerical trucking cases present an entirely different set of challenges than run of the mill car accidents. It takes a lawyer with specialized knowledge and years of experience to handle these unique cases. The Stroudsburg truck crash lawyers at Munley Law are familiar with all federal and state trucking regulations. Our truck accident attorneys are recognized as the best in the industry. They frequently travel around the U.S. to speak at conferences and educational programs relating to truck accident litigation, trucking regulations, investigation and evidence.
Munley Law truck accident lawyers have been certified by the Association of Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America & serve as leaders in the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group.
Why is it important that your Stroudsburg truck accident lawyer has handled truck accident cases before?
While our talented lawyers are skilled in all areas of personal injury law, they are particularly knowledgeable when it comes to the complexities of truck accident cases. These cases are often much more complicated than an accident involving two passenger vehicles, because when a truck is involved, that means the trucking company is involved. These companies often have a lot of resources at their disposal, and can pose an intimidating challenge to someone without an experienced attorney on their side. The right lawyer for you will have experience in this arena and know about the specific types of evidence that apply in truck accident cases, such as driver training records and vehicle maintenance reports.
Truck accident cases are also complicated due to the fact that fault and negligence are not always as clear cut as they may seem. In most regular car accident cases, the parties involved are the drivers of the cars involved and their insurance companies. This can be a relatively straightforward type of accident from a legal perspective, but is not typically the case in a truck accident. There are many, many places where fault may be found on the side of the truck and trucking company, whether it’s the driver, the cargo loader, the company’s policy as a whole, the person/people responsible for vehicle repair, the manufacturer, and more. Beyond that, the cab and the trailer of the truck itself are often separately owned and insured. Even the driver’s role can differ based on the specific company; some truck drivers work as direct employees, while others are independent contractors.
All this is to say that with a truck accident, it’s common for many, many parties and many, many insurance companies to be involved. These cases are complicated and detailed, and require a great deal of legal expertise in this specific field. You can trust that your experienced Munley attorney will know precisely how to proceed based on the details of your case.
How is your commercial truck accidents settlement determined?
Your Stroudsburg truck accident attorney will examine your case closely in order to determine what kind of compensation you may be eligible for. They will guide you through the process of gathering evidence to ensure that every piece of relevant information is accounted for. Some of the factors that can play a role in determining a settlement amount are:
- Your medical bills
- The damage to your vehicle
- The cost of physical or psychological therapy
- Lost wages
- Evidence that the accident has prevented you from taking on other work
- Any evidence that shows the accident has prevented you from living and enjoying your life to the fullest
No fee unless we win
Truck accidents happen. The Stroudsburg truck accident attorneys at Munley Law believe in justice for the injured first and foremost. To ensure that everyone can have access to the justice system regardless of income, we do not collect a fee for our services unless we win your case. You pay nothing upfront or out of pocket. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident involving a large commercial truck, semi-truck, 18-wheeler, or tractor-trailer, contact a Stroudsburg truck accident law firm today for a FREE consultation and legal advice.
Do I Have A Case?
If you think you may have a personal injury case, contact us now for a FREE consultation.