Injured in a car accident in Hazleton, PA? Contact a Hazleton car accident lawyer at Munley Law for a free consultation.
If you or someone you love suffered a serious injury in a car crash in Hazleton, don’t settle with the insurance company before speaking with a Hazleton car accident attorney at Munley Law.
At Munley Law car accident law firm, we understand the concerns you face when you’ve been involved in a car crash. You may face unpaid medical bills, physical pain, emotional trauma, and be unable to work. Since 1959, we have represented hundreds of auto accident victims in Hazleton, and throughout Luzerne County and the state of Pennsylvania. Our attorneys have been named among the Best Lawyers in America by the esteemed legal guide Best Lawyers, and among the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Pennsylvania by the National Trial Lawyers Association. We have won multi-million dollar settlements for injured car accident victims.
If you were hurt in a car wreck and you’re not sure what to do next, call our office at (855) 866-5529 for a free consultation with a Hazleton car crash attorney. We will answer your questions, free of charge, and help you decide what to do next. Munley Law has multiple office locations in Lackawanna County and Luzerne County. If you are injured an unable to come to us, we can come to you.
We do not charge a fee for our legal services unless we win your case.
The Car Accident Attorneys at Munley Law Get Results
When you or someone you love have been hurt, your choice of lawyer matters. We have a record of success getting the maximum compensation for injured victims and their families. See a sample of our car accident settlements and verdicts:
- $17.5 Million for a teen killed in a motor vehicle accident
- $7.5 Million for a child injured in a car crash
- $4.4 Million for an automobile accident victim
- $4.3 Million for a motorcycle accident victim
- $3.5 Million for a pedestrian hit by a motor vehicle
- $2.25 Million for driver of a van involved n crash with a truck
- $2 Million for a pedestrian killed in a crosswalk
- $1.9 Million for family of victim killed by 16 year old driver of a car
- $1.5 Milion for victim killed in crash w a newspaper delivery truck
- $1.2 Million for young child hit by a bus
Car Crashes in Hazleton Can Cause Serious Injuries
Car crashes can cause serious and even life-threatening injuries. In addition to the severe physical and emotional pain you endure, you may be stuck with sky-high medical bills, prolonged treatment, and time missed from work. As the victim of another driver’s recklessness, you shouldn’t have to bear these costs on your own. We can help.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: During an auto accident, the impact may result in a concussion or more severe brain trauma. A serious head injury can affect speech, vision and memory.
- Neck Injuries: Neck injuries caused by a car wreck can include everything from neck strain to whiplash or more serious disc injuries. Note that whiplash is a soft tissue injury, and symptoms may not appear until a few days or even weeks after a crash
- Spine & Back Injuries: The force and impact of an auto wreck can cause a variety of back and spine injuries. They can range from sprains and strains to fractures, disc or vertebrae injuries or spinal cord injuries that may result in paralysis or loss of certain functions.
- Head Injuries: Besides injuries to the brain, common head injuries suffered in a car accident include eye injuries and loss of vision, facial and jaw fractures, lacerations, dental injuries and ear injuries.
- Broken bones: Arm, leg and hip fractures are common results of a severe car accident. Fractures to the sternum also occur, especially in unrestrained drivers or passengers.
- Internal Injuries: Injuries to the abdomen and various organs can occur as the result of a car crash. The liver, spleen and kidneys are especially susceptible to injury during a crash.
- Orthopedic Injuries: In addition to fractures, other orthopedic injuries include sprains, dislocations, strains and torn ligaments and tendons. These injuries can all easily occur during the impact of a car crash.
- Emotional Distress: Motor vehicle accidents commonly cause a high degree of emotional stress to victims and their families. This can result in a high level of anxiety and even PTSD.
If you have been injured in a auto accident in Hazleton, you should seek medical attention right away. Remember that not all of your symptoms may appear immediately, so it’s best to be thoroughly checked out by a medical professional. Also, be sure to document all information about the accident, so when you consult a auto accident attorney in Hazleton, you will be able to provide as many facts as possible. This includes the names and contact information for any witnesses.
Causes of Hazleton Car Crashes
An experienced car accident lawyer will identify and prove the cause of your accident in order to get you the maximum benefits. At Munley Law, we work with investigators and accident reconstruction experts to build your case. Common causes of car accidents in Hazleton include:
- Distracted Driving: A leading cause of car crashes, distracted driving includes all forms of distraction such as cell phone use, texting, eating or drinking, grooming, talking to passengers, or even reading directions. If another driver takes their eyes from the road and causes an accident, they should be held responsible.
- Speeding: Speeding is a factor in a vast number of fatal car wrecks. The faster you drive, the less time you have to react to a potential problem. The speed of your vehicle will impact braking time, which could mean the difference in a potential crash.
- Reckless Driving: In addition to speeding, other forms of reckless and aggressive driving also lead to crashes. This can include tailgating, changing lanes too quickly, wrong-way driving, ignoring warning signs, running red lights and stop signs, improper turns and other forms of aggressive driving or road rage.
- Impaired Driving: The CDC estimates that every day, 28 people in the U.S. die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This amounts to one death every 53 minutes. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is unacceptable. Drugs and alcohol can alter perception, coordination and drastically affect reaction time. If you’re hurt by a driver who was under the influence, the law is on your side.
- Drowsy Driving: Driver fatigue has become a common cause of car and truck accidents. When drivers are tired, they have slower reaction times in response to situations and may also be at danger of falling asleep behind the wheel. Symptoms of drowsy driving can include frequent yawning, tired eyes, restlessness, and difficulty concentrating. Sleep deprivation can cause the same level of impairment as intoxication.
- Weather Conditions: The weather in Hazleton and throughout Pennsylvania in the winter can bring heavy snow and ice during winter months, and fog and rainy conditions throughout the year. Ice, snow and rain can mean danger on highways and other roadways when cars are traveling at high rates of speed in unsafe conditions.
- Defective or Recalled Auto Parts: The NHTSA or an individual automaker issues a recall when they determine that a vehicle or a part poses a possible safety risk. Millions of cars are recalled each year for various safety issues, from airbag defects to brake problems, fire hazards and other to other potentially dangerous flaws. If a defect or malfunction causes harm, you may be able to sue. Munley Law is highly experienced in auto defect and auto recall cases and in dealing with the large insurance companies that represent auto manufacturers.
Luzerne County Crash Statistics
Greater Hazleton sits right on the junction of Interstates 80 and 81, which are two of the most heavily traveled north-south and east-west corridors in the country. Hazleton is home to food processing plants, distribution and logistics centers and E-commerce and tech support centers. Many nationally known companies are located within the cities many industrial parks. Hazleton is in close vicinity to many major interstates, which include I 80, I 81, I 84, I 380 and 476, all busy highways with a mix of cars, vans, large trucks and 18-wheelers.
Hazleton’s geographic location, right along the I-81 corridor makes it a heavily traveled area. Auto accidents occur frequently on Hazleton roadways, which are shared by passenger vehicles, buses and large trucks hauling merchandise from area plants. Major roads and highways that are close to Hazleton include Interstates 80, 81, 84, 380 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike. These roadways are often in the news because of car accidents, truck accidents, and multi-car pileups.
There were 3,690 traffic crashes in Luzerne County in 2015, up slightly over the previous year. There were 39 traffic fatalities in Luzerne County that same year, one of the highest fatality counts in the state.
Our Hazleton Car Accident Law Firm Will Get You the Justice You Deserve
As a leading auto accident law firm, Munley Law knows firsthand the devastation caused by serious car accidents. We see the physical and emotional harm done to victims and their families. An auto accident can affect every aspect of the victim’s life. That’s why negligent drivers and their insurance companies must be held accountable and pay damages. Hazleton car accident victims need an experienced car crash attorney on their side, someone qualified to examine the facts of a case, recommend a course of action, and act as a trusted advocate.
The car accident attorneys at Munley Law have the experience, skills and resources to handle even the most complex Hazleton car accident cases. Our experience includes car-truck collisions, pedestrian accidents, motorcycle accidents, multi-car collisions, head-on collisions, rollover accidents, side-impact collisions, construction zone accidents, hit and run accidents, recalled vehicle accidents, fatal car accidents and more.
Injured in a Hazleton Car Accident? Call Munley Law Today
It is important to consult a law firm that specializes in car accidents and has a strong record of winning maximum compensation for those injured in accidents and their families. Determining the types of compensation in an auto accident case in Hazelton can be quite complex, and depends on the particular facts and injuries resulting from the accident. Damages can include medical and rehabilitation bills, lost wages, loss of normal life, loss of consortium, shortened life expectancy, and pain and suffering, among others. The Munley Law car wreck attorneys can put their decades of personal injury case experience to work for you.
If you or someone you love is involved in a car accident in Hazelton, contact Munley Law as soon as possible. Our dedicated legal team is prepared to help you seek justice and obtain compensation for your injuries. Chat live, fill out our email form, or call (855) 866-5529 for a free consultation.