If you have suffered the loss of a loved one due to someone else’s negligence in Hazleton, PA, contact a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer at Munley Law
Para asistencia inmediata en Espanol, Favor de llamarnos al numero 570-983-3844.
Nothing is more devastating than the loss of a loved one. If that loss came as the result of another person’s negligence or carelessness, the pain may be even greater. You and your family deserve justice. A Hazleton wrongful death lawyer at Munley Law can help.
We know that in addition to the immense grief you are feeling, you will likely also face sudden financial distress. Funeral costs, medical bills, loss of income, and more. While no amount of money can replace your loved one, a fair settlement can alleviate the burden of these costs and give you some peace of mind. Our compassionate and experienced attorneys have helped thousands of families like yours. We have received national recognition for our work on behalf of bereaved individuals and families, and we have earned the highest possible client and peer review ratings. At Munley Law, you can rest assured that your case is in good hands.
Chat live, fill out our email form, or call (855) 866-5529 today for a free consultation with a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer at Munley Law.
There is no charge for our services unless we win your case.
Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit in Hazleton?
What was called an “accident” may actually have been preventable harm caused by negligence or reckless behavior. If negligence results in the death of your loved one, the at-fault party should be held accountable. As a surviving spouse, child, dependent, or parent of the deceased, you may have the right to file a wrongful death claim. A Hazleton wrongful death attorney at our firm will review the details of your situation at no charge, and help you determine what to do next.
A Hazleton wrongful death lawyer will get justice for your family
Since 1959, people in Hazleton and all over Pennsylvania have turned to Munley Law for help after the death of a beloved family member. We have decades of experience handling wrongful death cases stemming from the following types of events:
- Car accident deaths: After a fatal car accident in Hazleton, the award-winning team at Munley Law will get to work immediately. We will investigate every possible source of recovery to make sure you and your family get everything you deserve.
- Truck accident deaths: Munley Law has a special focus in commercial truck and tractor trailer accidents. We have helped many families who have lost loved ones in truck accidents. We will investigate the circumstances of the fatal crash and determine if the fault lies with the driver, the transportation company, the owner of the truck, or all of the above. The many manufacturing and distribution centers in Hazleton bring large truck and tractor-trailer traffic to Hazleton area highways, including Interstates 80 and 81, which connect with the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
- Train accident fatalities: When a train derails or strikes an automobile, the results are devastating. Munley Law has years of experience handling cases against rail and major transportation companies. Reading Blue Mountain & Northern Railroad provides rail service throughout the Humboldt Industrial Park, while Norfolk Southern provides rail service throughout the Valmont Industrial Park. Hazleton and Northeast Rail Commerce Center’s direct connection to Norfolk Southern Railway allows for goods to be shipped and received between Hazelton and anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Construction site accident fatalities: Construction workers in Hazleton face many dangers at their job sites. OSHA has specified the four leading causes of construction worker deaths: Falls, being struck by vehicles or heavy equipment, electrocutions, and being crushed or pinned between objects or heavy materials.
- Pedestrian & bicycle accident deaths: Collisions between cars and pedestrians or bicyclists in Hazleton are often fatal. In addition to the driver involved, we will also look into other factors that may have contributed to your loved one’s death, including the lighting on the street and whether or not there was a clearly marked crosswalk.
- Motorcycle accident deaths: A motorcyclist may be struck by a car or truck with a driver who was distracted, using a cell phone or texting. The motorcycle may have had a faulty party, such as a defective tire, or perhaps the roadway was designed in a dangerous manner. Whatever the cause, if negligence was involved, you may have a wrongful death claim.
- Defective product deaths: If a death results from a defective or faulty product due to faulty design, a manufacturing error, or inadequate warning, you may have a wrongful death claim. Responsible parties may include the manufacturer, distributor and/or retailer of defective products. Manufacturers have the responsibility to properly educate consumers on the safe use of products. They must also provide adequate warning about the dangers of a product.
- Medical malpractice deaths: Death resulting from an incorrect diagnosis, delayed diagnoses, failure to diagnose, as well as surgical, medication or other medical errors may be cause for legal action. Medical professionals have a standard of care which they must adhere to. A Hazleton medical malpractice lawyer will determine if the healthcare provider violated that standard of care when treating your loved one.
- Fatal industrial accidents: Faulty equipment, lack of adequate safety training, a negligent contractor, a defective machine, or an unsafe working environment can result in a fatal industrial accident. Plant explosions, structural collapse and warehouse fires are just a few examples of the type of disaster that can take a life in an industrial accident. If negligence led to the death of a worker in an industrial accident in Hazleton, you may have wrongful death suit.
- Workplace accident deaths: When unsafe conditions or negligence in their place of employment results in the death of a loved one, you deserve justice. In an effort to prevent workplace accidents and deaths, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration sets standards that employers must follow to ensure employees are safe and protected. The most common jobs associated with wrongful death include truck driver, construction workers, miners, loggers, metal workers and electricians.
- Premises liability deaths: If someone dies as the result of unsafe conditions on someone else’s property in Hazleton, you should contact a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer. Property owners must keep their property or place of business safe for visitors and customers. Potentially fatal accidents include slip and falls, poor maintenance, building code violations, dog bites, or insufficient security.
- Negligent caregivers: If nursing home staff or in-home caregivers abuse or neglect their patients, resulting in death, the decedent’s family may file a wrongful death suit.
How long do I have to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Hazleton?
In Pennsylvania, you have two years from the date of death to file a lawsuit. However, it is in your best interest to consult a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer as soon as possible. Critical evidence can become lost or even destroyed with time. The sooner we can get to work, the sooner we can help you get on the road to recovery.
Not sure if you have a case? Hesitant about hiring a lawyer? Call Munley Law for a free consult with a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer. There is no charge and no obligation, so you risk nothing by meeting with one of our lawyers. We will simply review your case, answer any questions you may have, and help you make an informed decision about what to do next.
No settlement, no fee, when you hire a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer at Munley Law
During this incredibly difficult time, we want to ease your burdens, not add to them. For this reason, we do not charge a fee for our services unless we win your case. You pay nothing upfront or out of your own pocket. If and when we succeed in recovering damages for you, we merely take a percentage of the settlement or verdict in order to cover our costs. Our fee will never exceed the amount paid to you and your family.
After the wrongful death of a loved one, you have the right to seek compensation for medical, funeral and burial expenses, payment for past and future income loss, and full compensation for your pain and suffering. If your loved one was killed on the job you also may have the right for workers’ compensation death benefits. Let us handle the legal process. At Munley Law, our entire staff will work tirelessly to make sure you get what you deserve. We will negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf, and fight for you in court if your case does not settle.
Contact a Hazleton wrongful death lawyer at (855) 866-5529 for a free consultation.