Call Now - Free
Consultation!
855-866-5529

Philadelphia Pedestrian Accident Lawyer

Contact For A FREE Consultation!

If you were struck by a car, truck, or bus in Philadelphia, Munley Law can help. Contact a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer for a free consultation.

Traffic accidents involving pedestrians are often devastating, and can have life-changing consequences. Victims and their families deserve justice. At Munley Law, we fight for pedestrian accident victims who have been harmed by a driver’s negligence. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys have won millions of dollars for people who were hurt in accidents like yours. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.

The consultation is free, and we don’t charge a fee for our services unless we win your case. Call, chat live, or fill out our contact form today.

Pedestrian accidents in Philadelphia

pedistrian-accidentsPedestrian deaths have increased nationwide in recent years, and in Philadelphia they are higher than the national average. In 2017, pedestrians accounted for 45% of people killed in traffic accidents in Philadelphia. Most pedestrian accidents occur during the day, and they commonly take place at intersections or a crosswalk – places where drivers should be most alert for pedestrians crossing.

Philadelphia’s most vulnerable pedestrians like children and the elderly are more likely to suffer severe injuries or die after being hit by a car.

Who is to blame for a pedestrian accident?

While both drivers and pedestrians must remain alert and adhere to the rules of the road, driver negligence is a major contributing factor in pedestrian accidents in Philadelphia.  Common causes of pedestrian accidents include:

  • Distracted driving. Smartphone-related distraction is the top cause of the spike in pedestrian accident deaths. Drivers who take their eyes and/or attention from the road to answer a text or scroll through social media are less likely to see a pedestrian in the roadway or intersection.
  • Speeding. Drivers who fail to maintain a safe speed, especially, in congested areas where pedestrians and cars share the road, endanger the lives of the people around them.  When struck by a vehicle traveling at 20 MPH, a pedestrian typically has a 90% chance of surviving. If the car is moving at 40 MPH, the pedestrian has just a 10% chance of surviving the impact.
  • Aggressive driving. Some drivers fail to yield to pedestrians at a crosswalk, or fail to wait until the pedestrian has fully exited the crosswalk before proceeding.
  • Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is wholly unacceptable and puts innocent people’s lives in danger. If you were struck by a driver who was intoxicated, we will help make sure that person is held accountable.
  • Crosswalk/road design. It may be that the crosswalk or intersection itself has been designed in such a way that puts pedestrians at risk, especially if more than one pedestrian accident has occurred in the same place. We will look into this possibility and investigate all potential paths to recovery.

Do I need a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer?

After being hit by a car, you  may think the situation is fairly cut and dry – the driver was in the wrong, and you are owed compensation. The at-fault driver’s insurance company may even offer you a sum of money up front. Don’t take it.

Most often, settlements offered by insurance companies won’t be enough to cover your losses and long-term expenses after such a terrible accident. They may even attempt to claim that you deserve less because you were partially at fault. Our pedestrian accident lawyers have handled cases like these since 1959, and have reached some of the largest settlements and verdicts in the state of Pennsylvania. Let us put that experience to work for you.

At Munley Law, we won’t spare any time getting to work on your case. We will deploy investigators and experts right away to begin building your case. As your lawyers, we will be your resource for anything you might need in the aftermath of your pedestrian accident. We will answer any questions you may have, help you rebuild your life, and take care of the legal process on your behalf.

How much does it cost to hire a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer?

The Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyers at Munley Law do not get paid unless we win your case. After we get you the financial compensation you deserve, we take a lesser portion of the settlement to cover our expenses. If we cannot get results for you, you owe us nothing. We incur all of the risk and cover all of the upfront costs so that you never pay anything up front or out of your own pocket.

Since Munley Law was founded 59 years ago, it has been our philosophy that justice is for everyone, and cost should never keep someone from getting the help they need.

Contact a Philadelphia pedestrian accident lawyer at Munley Law for a free consultation

Our pedestrian accident lawyers are ready to get to work for you today. Start with a free consultation to get answers to your questions and learn about your legal options. We will explain the process and help you decide what to do next. There is no obligation associated with the consult and no charge. If you are unable to come to us, we will travel to meet with you.

With Munley Law, you can rest assured that your pedestrian accident case will be in the best possible hands. Our personal injury lawyers are consistently listed in the Best Lawyers in America, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, and Best Law Firms rankings. Our attorneys are regarded as experts in the field and frequently travel the country to educate other attorneys on complex personal injury matters. But most importantly, we put our clients first. See what some of our past clients have to say about their experience with our firm.

Do I Have A Case?

If you think you may have a personal injury case, contact us now for a FREE consultation.

Marion not only is an accomplished lawyer who gets great results, but also she brings genuine compassion and zealous advocacy to each person she represents. Our firms have worked together on important cases and I look forward to future opportunities to work together. Rena Leizerman

I got into a serious accident with a tractor trailer two years ago, one that took me out of commission for months. The trucking company was fighting my case, saying I was the one who caused the accident. Luckily, I had Dan Munley at my side. He got me the money to help pay the medical bills and much more. He really pulled through for me and my family and I am eternally grateful to him. Trucking Accident Client

Marion and the Munley Law Firm are THE best legal experts in NEPA. I am happy to have found her and to have established an ongoing relationship with such a powerful and reputable law firm. I highly recommend Marion and the Munley Law Firm. I had a difficult Web Site poaching problem no one else wanted to tackle – but Marion and her team were quick to help and delivered outstanding results. I’m glad that they are working for me! Marion is a professional and VERY knowledgeable attorney who will serve you exceptionally well. I think one of her strongest attributes is the depth of her team – she has specialists where it counts. If I could give her 5 stars I would. I have referred several of my colleagues to Marion and they have been well satisfied too. I can’t say enough about her as a person and legal expert. Matthew, Personal Injury Client

As Seen In

The Washington Post New York Post CBS News DailyMail.com USA Today Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Morningstar Yahoo Finance Stripes
LCA
PA Bar Association
top 100
wall street
Super Lawyers
Best law firms
best lawyers
top 1% of trial lawyers
av
Irish Legal
Munley Law Rated 4.9 / 5 based on 12 reviews. | Review Us
855-866-5529
Back to Top