Get the Justice You Deserve Following a Semi-Truck Accident in Philadelphia
If you or a loved one has been involved in a semi-truck accident in the Philadelphia area, it’s important to understand your legal rights and options. These types of accidents can be complex, and you need an experienced Philadelphia semi-truck accident lawyer on your side to help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Trucking accidents in Philadelphia are a serious issue, with a significant number of fatalities and injuries occurring annually. If you or a loved one are truck accident victims, it is important to speak with a Philadelphia truck accident attorney to ensure your rights are protected and you are able to recover the maximum compensation you are entitled to receive.
How Dangerous Our Semi-Truck Accidents in Philadelphia?
Philadelphia is a major transportation hub, with a network of roads, highways, and interstates that are heavily traveled by commercial semi-trucks. While these large vehicles play a crucial role in the economy, they can also pose a significant risk to other motorists on the road. Semi-truck accidents can be particularly dangerous, due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved.
According to data from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, there were over 7,000 large truck accidents in Pennsylvania in 2021. These accidents resulted in 156 fatalities. The majority of these accidents occurred on interstates and highways, with I-95 and I-76 being the most dangerous roads for semi-truck crashes.
There are several factors that can contribute to tractor trailer truck accidents in Philadelphia. One of the most common causes is driver error and truck driver’s negligence, such as fatigue or alcohol impairment.
Other factors that can contribute to commercial trucks accidents include mechanical issues with the truck, inadequate training or licensing of the truck driver, and poor road conditions.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck crash in Philadelphia, it is important to speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
The experienced truck accident attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. At our law firm, we have a team of dedicated Philadelphia truck accident attorneys who are skilled in handling truck accident liability cases. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and help you recover the compensation you are entitled to.
Call us today for a free consultation, or use our online form.
How Do Semi-Truck Accidents Differ From Car Accidents?
Tractor trailer accidents can cause serious injuries and fatalities, and the consequences can be life-altering. If you’ve been injured in a motor vehicle accident with a tractor trailer, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
The Philadelphia truck accident lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys can help you understand your legal options and fight for the maximum amount of compensation available to you.
Motor vehicle accidents involving large tanker trucks, also known as semi-trucks or 18-wheelers, often result in more severe injuries and fatalities compared to car accidents involving only passenger vehicles. This is due to a variety of factors.
The size and weight of a commercial truck is significantly greater than that of passenger vehicles
A fully loaded semi-truck can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, while the average passenger car or SUV weighs around 3,000 pounds. In an accident, the smaller vehicle is at a disadvantage and is more likely to sustain significant damage and injuries, and to lead to fatal crashes.
The design of a large truck is different than that of a passenger vehicle.
A semi-truck has a higher center of gravity. This makes it more prone to rolling over in a large truck accident. It also has a longer stopping distance, meaning it takes longer for a truck to come to a complete stop. This can be especially dangerous in emergency situations where a quick reaction is necessary.
The types of cargo that large trucks transport can also contribute to the severity of an accident.
Hazardous materials, such as flammable liquids or explosives, can increase the risk of fire or explosion in the event of an accident and cause serious injury. Even non-hazardous cargo, such as heavy construction equipment or large quantities of consumer goods, can cause additional damage due to the weight and size of the load.
Overall, the combination of the size, weight, design, and cargo of large trucks make them more dangerous in a Philadelphia semi-truck accident than passenger cars.
If you or a loved one has been an injured party in a trucking accident, you should speak with a Philadelphia semi-truck accident attorney to understand your rights and options for seeking maximum compensation for any injuries or damages sustained.
Call an experienced truck accident attorney at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys today for a free consultation, or use our online form.
What Types of Compensation Injured Victims Can Recover After a Semi-Truck Accident in Philadelphia?
If you or a loved one have suffered truck accident injuries, you may be entitled to recover compensation for the injuries and losses you have sustained, either from insurance companies or in a personal injury case. These damages can be divided into two main categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages are those costs that have a specific monetary value, such as medical bills, lost income, and property damage. These damages are typically easier to calculate and prove because they are based on bills, receipts, and other documents.
Non-economic damages are those that do not have a specific monetary value, but are still real and significant. Examples of non-economic damages include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and loss of consortium (loss of the companionship and support of a spouse). These damages are more subjective and can be harder to quantify, but they are no less important.
Categories of Expenses and Losses Recoverable After Philadelphia Truck Accidents
In truck accident cases, truck accident victims may be able to recover both economic and non-economic damages. Some common types of damages that may be recoverable include:
- Medical expenses: This can include costs for hospital stays, surgery, medications, physical therapy, rehabilitation, and any other medical treatment related to the commercial truck accident.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work because of your injuries, you may be able to recover lost wages for the time you were out of work. You may also be able to recover future lost income if you cannot return to work because of your injuries.
- Property damage: If your vehicle or other personal property was damaged in the commercial truck accident, you may be able to recover the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering: This category of damages is intended to compensate trucking accidents victims for the physical pain and emotional suffering they have endured as a result of the accident.
- Emotional distress: This type of damage is related to the psychological impact of accidents with tractor trailers, including anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the Philadelphia truck accident has significantly impacted your ability to engage in activities and hobbies you enjoyed before the accident occurred, you may be able to recover damages for this loss.
- Loss of consortium: If the accident has affected the relationship between you and your spouse, you may be able to recover damages for the loss of companionship and support.
- Wrongful death claim: If your loved one died as a result of a Philadelphia truck accident, you may be able to file a truck accident claim seeking compensation to ensure you and your family are cared for financially.
It is important to keep in mind that all truck accident cases are unique, and the specific damages that you can recover will depend on the circumstances of the accident and the injuries sustained. An experienced Philadelphia semi-truck accident lawyer can help you understand what compensation you may be able to recover and how to go about pursuing it.
If you have been injured in a accident with a commercial truck, it is crucial to speak with a Philadelphia truck accident attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you retain a lawyer, the sooner we can begin investigating the accident and building a strong case on your behalf.
With the help of a skilled Philadelphia truck accident lawyer, you can pursue the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to for your injuries and losses.
What are the Common Causes of Philadelphia Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can be devastating, causing serious injuries and even fatalities. In Philadelphia, these types of accidents are all too common, with many different factors contributing to their occurrence.
The most common cause of accidents with commercial trucks in truck driver negligence. Here are the most common causes of accidents with commercial trucks.
One of the most common causes of truck accidents in Philadelphia is driver fatigue. Truck drivers often work long hours, and they may be under pressure to meet tight delivery schedules. As a result, truck drivers may push themselves to the limit, leading to accidents caused by drowsy or exhausted driving.
To help prevent these types of accidents, trucking companies should implement strict policies on hours of service, and truck drivers should be encouraged to take breaks when they need them.
Another common cause of truck accidents in Philadelphia is driving while distracted. Just like any other driver, truck drivers can be easily distracted by things like smartphones, GPS devices, and even food and drinks. These distractions can lead to driver error, especially when driving at high speeds or in heavy traffic.
To reduce the risk of distracted driving accidents, trucking companies should implement policies prohibiting the use of electronic devices while driving, and drivers should be held accountable for any violations.
Speeding, which can be a kind of aggressive driving, is another major cause of truck accidents in Philadelphia. Many truck drivers may be tempted to speed in order to meet tight delivery schedules or to save time on long hauls. However, speeding can significantly increase the risk of an accident with commercial trucks, especially when combined with other factors like heavy traffic or inclement weather.
To help prevent speeding-related accidents, trucking companies should implement policies prohibiting speeding, and drivers should be held accountable for any violations.
In addition to these common causes, there are a number of other factors that can contribute to truck accidents in Philadelphia. These may include faulty equipment, poor maintenance by the truck owner or truck company, and even substance abuse by truck drivers.
How to Protect Your Truck Accident Claim
If you’ve been injured in an accident with a commercial truck in Philadelphia, you need to take steps to preserve your legal claim. If you do not, you will not be able to pursue a truck accident case.
- The first thing you should do is seek medical attention for any injuries you’ve sustained. It’s also a good idea to document the commercial truck accidents as thoroughly as possible by taking photos of the scene, collecting contact information from any witnesses, and making a record of any damage to your vehicle and other personal property.
- You should also report the accident to the appropriate authorities, such as the police. If you’re unable to do this yourself, make sure to have a trusted friend or family member do it on your behalf.
- Contact your insurance company, even if you think your injuries and property damage are not serious.
- Talk with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. An attorney can help you understand your legal rights and options, and can work with you to build a strong truck accident case. They can also help you negotiate with insurance companies and pursue any necessary legal action.
By taking these steps, you can protect your legal rights and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Who Is Liable for Damages in Accidents with Semi-Trucks in Philadelphia?
In Philadelphia, as in any city, accidents involving a commercial truck can be devastating. These large tractor trailers often cause significant property damage and serious injuries to those involved in the collision.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with a commercial truck in Philadelphia, you may be wondering who can be held liable for your injuries.
Liability in accidents with tractor trailers can be complex. This is because there are often multiple parties who may be responsible for the accident. Some of the parties who may be held liable for injuries include:
- Truck driver: If the truck driver was negligent or reckless in operating the vehicle, they may be held liable for any resulting injuries. This could include instances of distracted driving, speeding, or failure to follow traffic laws.
- Trucking company: The trucking company that employs the driver may also be held liable for the accident if the trucking company was negligent in hiring, training, or supervising the driver. For example, if truck companies allow their drivers to operate vehicles despite knowing that they had a history of reckless driving or substance abuse, the companies could be held liable.
- Truck manufacturer: In some cases, liability may also extend to the manufacturer of the truck or its components if it can be shown that a defect in the truck or its parts caused the accident.
- The owner of the cargo: If the accident was caused by improperly loaded or secured cargo, the owner of the cargo may be held liable.
It’s important to note that determining truck accident liability can be a complex process. It will be necessary to investigate the accident thoroughly in order to identify all of the parties who may be responsible. An experienced Philadelphia semi truck accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and pursue the compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions about Philadelphia Semi-Truck Accidents
Q: Do Commercial Truck Drivers Have a Special Driver’s License?
A: Yes. Because commercial trucks are typically much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles, they require specialized training and a commercial driver’s license to operate.
Q: What Should I Do If I’m Involved in a Truck Accident in Philadelphia?
A: If you’re involved in a truck accident in Philadelphia, there are a few important steps you should take to protect your rights and ensure you receive the help you need:
- Seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t think you’ve been seriously injured, it’s important to get checked out by a medical professional as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as head injuries or internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent but can be serious if left untreated.
- Call the police. The police will be able to investigate the accident, gather evidence, and file a report. This report will be important if you need to file a claim with your insurance or pursue legal action against the trucking company or truck driver.
- Document the accident. If you’re able, take pictures of the accident scene, the damage to your vehicle, and any visible injuries you’ve sustained. Also make a note of any relevant details, such as the weather and road conditions at the time of the accident.
- Get contact information. Make sure you get contact and insurance information from the other driver and any witnesses.
- Report the accident to your insurance. Your insurance will need to know about the accident in order to process your claim. Be sure to provide the insurance adjuster with as much information as possible, including the police report, any documentation you’ve collected, and the contact information of the other driver and any witnesses.
- Speak with a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer. If you’ve been seriously injured in the accident, or if you’re having trouble getting the compensation you deserve from the insurance companies, it will be in your best interest to hire a truck accident attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the legal process, negotiate with insurance adjusters, take on the trucking company, and protect your rights in truck accident cases.
Q: How Can a Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer Help If I’ve Been Involved in a Semi-Truck Accident?
A: If you’ve been injured in a tractor trailer accident, our Philadelphia semi-truck accident lawyers can help you in several ways:
- Investigating the accident: A lawyer can conduct a thorough investigation of the accident to determine the cause and gather evidence to support your claim.
- Negotiating with the insurance companies: A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance companies on your behalf to ensure you receive the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Filing a lawsuit: If the insurance companies are unwilling to provide fair compensation, or if the trucking company or driver is at fault for the accident, a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer can help you file a lawsuit to seek damages.
- Protecting your rights: A lawyer can help you understand your rights and ensure they are protected throughout the legal process.
Q: What Should I Do If the Trucking Company or Driver Refuses to Pay for My Damages?
A: If the trucking company or driver refuses to pay for your damages, you may need to file a lawsuit to seek compensation. A lawyer can help you understand your legal options and guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit. It’s important to act quickly, as there are time limits for filing a lawsuit in Pennsylvania.
Why Choose Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys as Your Philadelphia Semi-Truck Accident Attorneys
If you’re considering hiring a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer, it’s important to choose one who has experience handling these types of cases. An experienced lawyer will have a deep understanding of the laws and regulations that apply to truck accidents, as well as the tactics that insurance companies and trucking companies use to minimize their liability.
Skilled lawyers will also have the resources and expertise to thoroughly investigate your case and build a strong legal strategy to pursue the compensation you deserve.
At our law firm, we have a team of experienced Philadelphia truck accident lawyers who are dedicated to helping accident victims and their families. We have a track record of success in these types of cases and have helped our clients recover millions of dollars in compensation.
If you’re considering hiring a Philadelphia truck accident lawyer, it’s important to choose one who is knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated to your case. The lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys are all of these things, and we are committed to fighting for the rights of accident victims and their families.
Schedule Your Initial Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in the Philadelphia area, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a free consultation. During this consultation, we will listen to the details of your case and provide you with an honest assessment of your legal options. We will also answer any questions you have and explain the legal process in detail.
If you decide to hire Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys to represent you, we will work tirelessly to pursue the maximum amount of compensation available to you. We will handle all aspects of your case, including negotiations with insurance companies and trucking companies. And we will keep you informed about the progress of your case every step of the way.
Don’t wait to seek legal representation after a truck accident. The sooner you have an experienced lawyer on your side, the better your chances of recovering the compensation you deserve.
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
Philadelphia Practice Areas
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys
1617 John F Kennedy Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19103