Most car accidents are caused by driver error. But, in some cases, the vehicle itself has a defect that can lead to a crash. A design or manufacturing defect in your tires or a faulty airbag or a problem with the ignition. Whatever the defect may be, it not only puts the vehicle’s occupants in serious harm, but can cause serious, even deadly injuries.
Auto product liability claims can be extremely complex and tough to prove. This is why you need an experienced auto product liability lawyer to guide you through the legal process. For more than 55 years, the product liability lawyers at Munley Law have been helping thousands of auto product liability clients throughout Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey with their claims. We have the experience and the know-how to go up against the auto manufacturer in order to get you compensation for the injuries you sustained as a result of the defective auto part.
Types of Vehicle Defects
Vehicle defects can occur when auto manufacturers try to cut corners in the design process so the car can get on the market faster. And when a defect is found, carmakers are very slow to react because of the costs involved in a recall. The sad fact is by the time a defective vehicle is recalled, it could have already contributed to several accidents and injuries.
There are several types of defects that can lead to or be a contributing factor to a car accident. Some of the more common types are:
- Defective tires – Bad design or shoddy work can cause the tire to blowout or separate while the car is in motion.
- Fuel system defects – Fuel tanks may be positioned incorrectly, suffered a wielding failure, or lack an important safety device that would stop the flow of gas at the time of an accident.
- Airbag or seat belt defects – When a device that’s supposed to keep you safe is faulty or causes even more injury, you could face months of medical bills and lifelong pain and suffering.
- Roof collapses – If you are involved in a rollover accident, a weak or unsteady roof can cause the roof to disintegrate, resulting in catastrophic injuries.
- Uncontrolled acceleration or braking – In recent years, many cars have experienced the engine revving up unexpectedly, causing the car to speed ahead on its own.
- Defective seat design – The seat could have a weak structure that is prone to collapse during an accident, causing severe head and bodily injury.
Our Award-Winning Auto Product Liability Lawyer is Ready to Help
For decades, our talented and award-winning staff has fought with car manufacturers to get auto product liability victims the compensation they rightfully deserve. Our partner Marion Munley was recently recognized by Best Lawyers in America for her work in product liability litigation and received the 2017 Best Lawyer of Year in this category. Don’t you want someone who has been awarded by her peers to represent you for your claim?
If you were injured in an auto accident that was a direct result of an auto product recall, don’t delay. Contact the Scranton auto product liability lawyers at Munley Law today for a free consultation. We don’t receive one cent until you do.