If You Were Injured in a Semi Truck Accident in Scranton, Our Personal Injury Lawyers are Here to Help
Have the country’s top truck accident lawyers review your case for free.
At Munley Law, we represent individuals and families who have been terribly hurt in an accident with a semi or other large truck. Semi truck accidents are far more complex than passenger vehicle accidents. The impact of a heavy truck hitting a smaller vehicle is devastating, and can result in life-changing or fatal injuries. There are also less-obvious long-term impacts, such as physical therapy, inability to work, and extensive health care costs.
Not just any personal injury attorney can handle your case. You need an attorney experienced in trucking accidents with a history of taking on big transportation companies and winning. The lawyers at Munley Law have this experience. Headquartered in Scranton, for over 55 years the attorneys at Munley Law have been winning large settlements for victims of semi-truck accidents. In 2015, Marion Munley and Daniel Munley earned the 2nd highest settlement in Pennsylvania and the 25th highest in the country. Regarded as experts in the field of truck accidents, Munley Law truck accident attorneys are invited to speak about trucking laws at conferences across the United States and are consistently recognized as Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Best Lawyers in America.
Our initial consultation is 100% free with no obligation to sign. Contact us now at (855) 866-5529, chat live with one of our team members, or fill out our online form for a free review of your case. If you choose to hire us, there is no out of pocket charge to you. We work on contingency and only get paid when we win your case. We pay all upfront costs. We focus on your case so that you can focus on regaining normalcy in your life. You want the best possible attorney you can get. You want Munley Law.
What can I expect when I hire a Munley Law truck accident attorney to handle my case?
First, you will have the confidence of knowing your case is in the hands of a firm with experience in semi truck accidents, a winning track record, and a long history of large settlements. We investigate and document the scene of the accident, interview witnesses, and get documentation from the trucking company and their insurer. With decades of experience, we know the trucking regulations and laws in Pennsylvania, and we are familiar with the tactics the defense will use to try to minimize your compensation.
Federal regulators, The US Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, oversee safe operation of commercial vehicles. They regulate vehicles and drivers and provide numerous rules including; vehicle maintenance and inspections, handling of hazardous materials and restrictions on how much time a driver can spend on the road. Truck accident attorneys at Munley Law know the ins and outs of truck industry regulations and employ them to thoroughly review your case and develop a strategy to recover all your losses including, health care expenses, loss of wages, past and if needed future, physical adaptations,
We do not rest until you get the justice you deserve.
Here is a sample of some of our truck accident settlements:
- $26 Million: Settlement for a truck crash resulting in a traumatic brain injury
- $8 Million: Settlement for truck accident
- $6.9 Million: Settlement when a garbage truck rammed a car
- $6.5 Million: Settlement to a man brain injured by a garbage truck
- $3.5 Million: Jury verdict for pedestrian hit by truck
- $2.8 Million: Settlement for trucking accident
- $2.8 Million: Settlement for a boy killed by a truck
- $2.25 Million: Settlement for driver of a van involved in accident with a truck
Why are there so many semi truck accidents?
For the most part, passenger vehicles and commercial trucks (semi trucks, 18-wheelers, tractor trailers) peacefully coexist on the roads in and around Scranton. But we all know the highways and interstates are busy, carry a lot of commercial traffic and sometimes present hazardous conditions. Truck accidents are common in Northeastern Pennsylvania, and deadly crashes are increasing nationwide.
Accidents are caused by many factors, including:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver distraction
- Overloaded freight
- Excessive speed
- Equipment malfunction
- Defective tires
- Failure to follow State and Federal Regulations on vehicle maintenance
- Inclement weather
- Failure to yield right away
- Vision obstruction
What can you do to increase your safety from a semi truck accident?
You can help protect yourself, your friends and your family by following these tips on safe driving:
- Fully loaded trucks need about twice the distance of a passenger vehicle to stop. Overloaded trucks need even more distance. The heavier the load, the more required distance to stop. An added danger, trucks can jackknife when slamming on the breaks.
- Trucks have larger blind spots than cars, and the larger the truck, the larger the blind spot.
- Longer vehicles have wider turning ratios than shorter vehicles. Therefore a truck has a greater turning radius than a car, and the longer the truck, the wider the turning path..
- Tailgating is always dangerous, but even more so when you are behind a truck. You lose visibility of the road in front of the truck, reducing your reaction time to any hazards incurred. Same goes for too closely cutting in front of another vehicle. Trucks are not as easily maneuvered as cars, so corrections take more time and space.
- Pass on the left and do not linger while in the process of passing a truck.
- Sitting higher on the road reduces visibility of lower vehicles. Remember trucks have large blind spots so they pose a greater risk even when they are driving safely and following all the rules of the road,.
Get the Full, Fair Compensation You Deserve
If you are involved in an accident with a semi truck or tractor trailer, contact an experienced trucking accident attorney at Munley Law. You’ll get a free review of your case. If we handle your case you have no case related expenses. We handle all out-of-pocket costs like paying for expert witnesses. We work on a contingency basis so we don’t get paid until we win your case. At that point we take a previously agreed upon percentage of your settlement. If you choose to hire us, you will be in the hands of an attorney with a history of winning semi-truck accident awards.