If you have been hurt in a slip and fall in Stroudsburg, the personal injury attorneys at Munley Law are here to help you
Have you suffered an injury as a result of a fall in the Poconos? Your accident may have been caused by someone else’s carelessness or negligence. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe and free of hazards. If someone falls and gets hurt, the property owner or landlord may be liable. The slip and fall lawyers at Munley Law are experts at handling these cases. They will investigate the scene of the fall, identify who is at fault, and build your case to get you or your loved one the necessary financial compensation. For 60 years, Munley Law has been winning cases for citizens of Stroudsburg and greater northeastern Pennsylvania. We can recover reimbursements for medical expenses, lost wages, adaptive medical devices and pain and suffering.
A fall can change everything. If you suffered serious injury because of a negligent property owner, don’t wait. Contact a Stroudsburg slip and fall attorney at Munley Law now. We’ll provide a FREE assessment of your case and advise you on how to proceed. With Munley Law you never have out-of-pocket expenses in relation to your case. We work on a contingency – this means that we don’t get paid until you get paid. We cover all upfront expenses, including hiring expert witnesses, and get an agreed upon percentage of your settlement. Call, chat or fill in our online form for your FREE consultation.
See what some of our past clients have to say about their experience with Munley Law.
What should I do if I am hurt as a result of a Stroudsburg slip and fall?
Even if you are careful and take precautions, you may not always be able to avoid a slip and fall accident. After seeking any necessary medical treatment, you should contact an experienced Pennsylvania slip and fall attorney. We know local and state regulations, are experienced in this area of law and have a long history of winning. We provide a FREE consultation and will advise you on how to proceed.
Other steps to take include:
- Report the incident to the property owner or manager
- Take photos of where you fell
- Keep a record of all medical treatment you receive and any other expenses you incur because of the fall
Are slip and fall accidents common?
Yes. Accidents like these happen all the time and can result in serious injuries and sometimes even in death. The most common injuries are broken bones and head trauma. These accidents are so common that the Consumer Product Safety Commission, The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), among others, keep statistics on slip and fall accidents.
The most common reason for hospital emergency room visits are falls; 21.3% of all visits to the emergency room are the result of a fall.
According to the CDC:
- 20% of all falls result in a serious injury
- Falls result in over 800,000 hospitalizations a year. The most common injuries are broken hips and head injuries
- In 2015, falls resulted in over $50 billion in medical costs
- In the construction industry in 2016, falls were the leading cause of private sector worker deaths. This equates to 384 deaths, 38.7% of total construction industry deaths (OSHA)
- Older people are especially susceptible to falls. According to the National Institute on Aging, each year, more than 33% of individuals 65 and over fall.
- That percentage grows as people age
What are the main causes of slip and fall accidents?
- Hazards including slippery or wet floors, bunched rugs, uneven floors, loose gravel or stones, ice or snow, sidewalk cracks or depressions
- Public hazards like cracks or potholes on public sidewalk and streets, or construction areas
- Construction site hazards including; wires, drop cloths, tools or other materials on the floor, hidden defects like loose floorboards
By law, property owners are expected to keep their property free and clear of hazards. Unfortunately that is not always the case, and their disregard of regulations may result in harm to others. When you are involved in an accident like this, you need the advice of a personal injury lawyer who has experience with slip and fall accidents. They will review your case and help you determine what to do next.
Schedule a Free Slip and Fall Injury Consultation at Munley Law
If you live in or around Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, and were involved in a slip and fall accident, contact a personal injury attorney at Munley Law today. We will provide a FREE consultation, advise you of your rights and guide you in how to proceed. When you hire one of our expert slip and fall lawyers we will fight to get you the justice you deserve. We work on a contingency basis. We pay all case related expenses and only get paid when we win your case. Call, chat or fill out our online form for a FREE consultation.