If you’ve been in an accident with an 18-wheeler, Munley Law can help make things right again
If you are or your loved one has been injured or killed in an accident with an 18 wheeler, we would like to offer you a free consultation with one of the nation’s leading truck accident lawyers. Our law firm is dedicated to helping victims of all types of truck accidents, including 18-wheeled commercial vehicles. We have spent years fighting against trucking companies and winning cases for victims of truck accident cases, just like you. We have the experience and resources to take on these companies and we want to work for you.
Collisions involving 18-wheeled trucks injury more than 90,000 people every year, and every 16 minutes a person is killed or injured in a truck accident. For the last ten years, fatal large truck accidents have been on the rise while the trucking industry continues to call for relaxed safety regulations.
If you are or your loved one has been injured or killed in an accident with an 18-wheeler, call Munley Law today for a free case review. There is no charge for the consultation, and we do not get paid unless we win your case.
Who we are: The nation’s top 18-wheeler accident lawyers
Many law firms claim to handle truck accident cases, but few can claim the level of experience and expertise it takes to successfully represent a truck accident victim. Accidents involving commercial trucks and large 18-wheelers should only ever be handled by a lawyer with a record of success taking on big transportation companies and in-depth knowledge of trucking industry regulations, technology, insurance, and practices.
That kind of expertise and impressive track record make Munley Law one of the country’s top truck crash law firms. Our attorneys have earned national recognition as the legal profession’s leading truck accident lawyers. We are the only law firm in the United States with two lawyers who have served as chair of the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group. Marion Munley and Daniel Munley are among a select few lawyers who have earned board certification in Truck Accident Law from the National Board of Trial Advocacy. Our tractor trailer and 18-wheeler attorneys get record-breaking results, because that’s what our clients deserve.
When you’ve had an accident with an eighteen-wheeler, the stakes are high. You may be facing medical bills, physical pain, and an uncertain future. You’ve never dealt with a major lawsuit before, but the trucking companies have – they have teams of people tasked with minimizing your claim or denying it altogether. We won’t let that happen. Let us take it from here.
What Causes 18-Wheelers to Crash?
One of the first priorities for your truck accident lawyer will be to establish what factors and behaviors caused your crash. Eighteen-wheelers crash for a variety of reasons, including:
- Overloaded or Improperly Loaded Vehicles
- Fatigued Driving
- Impaired Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol
- Distracted Driving
- Speeding, Especially Around Sharp Curves
- Inclement Weather Such as Snow, Rain, Hail, Fog, Wind, Sleet, or Ice
- Failure to Perform Required Inspections and Maintenance
- Manufacturing Defects
- Tire Blowouts
- Worn Brakes
- Installation Defects
To determine the exact cause (and hold all the negligent parties accountable for the harm you suffered) we will work with the best experts and perform a thorough investigation.
Why Are 18-Wheelers So Dangerous?
- They Carry Heavy Loads – With a full load, an 18-wheel truck weighs 80,000 pounds, which is 400 tons. To put that number into perspective, the average car weighs about 2,700 pounds, which is just over 1 ton. That means that 18-wheelers are 400 times heavier than most of the cars that they share the road with, and when 18-wheel trucks collide with other motor-vehicles, their massive weight often causes serious injuries, incredible property damage, and sadly, tragic deaths.
- They Are the Largest Vehicles on the Road – 18-wheelers can be up to 176 feet in length and can have up to four trailers! That means the 18-wheel truck driving next to you on the highway is longer than half of a football field and over 10 times as long as the average car. This tremendous length makes it difficult for drivers to avoid crashing as they navigate sharp curves in the road, turns, merges, expressway exits, and narrow streets. Their massive size also amplifies the danger of roadside negligence, like speeding. An 18-wheeler truck traveling at 70 miles per hour has twice-as-much energy as one going 50 miles per hour.
- They Need Much More Time and Space to Stop – The length of time needed for an 18-wheeler to slow down or come to a complete stop is about 40% longer than the time that a car requires. Many motor-vehicle operators that drive behind 18-wheelers do not realize how much space they should be leaving between their car and the massive truck in front of them.
- They Have Huge Blind Spots – Unlike a sedan, hatchback, SUV, minivan, or pickup truck, 18-wheelers lack a rear window. 18-wheeler truckers must therefore rely on their rearview mirrors in order to see what is behind them, but given the truck and trailer’s massive size, there are huge blind spots.
I Was in an Accident Involving an 18-Wheeler–Why Do I Need a Lawyer?
If you or someone you love suffered a collision involving an 18-wheeled truck, you may know that you did nothing wrong, believe that your injuries and costs that the accident caused are obvious, and be wondering why you would need a lawyer to represent you.
Trucking Companies Regularly Deny Responsibility and Aggressively Defend Nearly Every Case – Because there are thousands of trucking accidents every year, trucking companies are well-versed in the best strategies for denying responsibility and avoiding the costs associated with crashes caused by their 18-wheel truck drivers. Most trucking companies will have their representatives on the scene of an accident within hours or minutes and they will begin to collect evidence in an attempt to reduce any claim you may have against them.
Our truck accident attorneys have decades of experience and are considered to be the go-to law firm for truck accidents all across the nation. Our lawyers have had numerous settlements and verdicts against 18-wheeler trucking companies and when you hire one of our trucking attorneys, the trucking companies know that they are up against the best and most experience truck crash firms in the nation.
18-Wheeler Truck Collision Cases Are Complicated – Because 18-wheelers, car collisions, and medical injuries are complicated by nature, truck accident litigation is too. These cases implicate complex concepts in the areas of physics, chemistry, federal trucking regulations, biology, medicine, driving standards, and economics. When a claim based on an 18-wheeler collision goes to trial, accident victims will have to prove their case to a jury by explaining what happened using all of these complicated scientific and industry-specific ideas and principles.
Our Truck Accident Team at Munley Law has spent more than 60 years learning the ins and outs of the trucking industry, the science behind truck collisions, and the best negotiation and trial tactics to win big for our clients. We have built a team that understands how to use field experts, graphics, witnesses, and technologies in order to explain why victims like you deserve to be compensated.
- Getting the Award that You Are Entitled to Requires a Lot of Resources – Trucking and insurance companies have lots of money and manpower at their disposal, which they use to pressure accident victims into walking away or accepting settlements for far less than they deserve. In order to fight for the award you are entitled to as a victim of an 18-wheel accident, you will need to match the trucking and insurance companies vast resources so that you can hire experts to consult with and testify at trial and so that you can make use of the most cutting edge technologies in order to prove your case to a jury.
That’s where our truck accident lawyers at Munley Law can help. We not only have the decades of 18-wheeler litigation experience that you need, but also have the cash and the legal team ready at the go to fight your case to win. We pay all of the costs in your truck crash lawsuit upfront and you’ll owe us nothing if we don’t recover big for you.
Why Should I Choose Munley Law to Represent Me in My Truck Accident Case?
At Munley Law, we have a demonstrated history of getting results for victims of trucking accidents, including collisions involving 18-wheeler trucks. In fact, we have fought so hard and so successively on behalf of our clients, that our attorneys have been repeatedly recognized as leaders in the truck accident field.
Munley Law has more experience in truck accident cases than any other law firm in Pennsylvania, New York, or New Jersey. Our truck litigation wins include:
$32,000,000 Wrongful Death
$26,000,000 Truck Accident
$17,500,000 Car Accident
$12,000,000 Product liability
$8,000,000 Truck Accident
$8,000,000 Truck Accident/Wrongful Death
$7,500,000 Auto Accident
$6,900,000 Garbage Truck Crash
$6,500,000 Traumatic Brain Injury
$5,000,000 Medical Malpractice
$5,000,000 Bus Accident
$4,700,000 Truck Accident
18 Wheeler Cases are Complex and Require Experience to get You the Justice You Deserve — So Choose Carefully
Because we have been handling eighteen-wheeler cases for decades, our experience and knowledge are unmatched. We have what it takes to get you the maximum recovery.
Munley Law is a family-run law firm. We approach your truck accident case with the full force of our entire team, and work together to achieve the best possible result. In addition to representing you in negotiations and in court, we will be available as your resource to guide you through this difficult time.
Call, chat live, or fill out our contact form to begin the process today.
Read what our clients are saying about us:
“I’m so beyond thankful for my lawyers who have never steered me wrong and were ready to go to war for myself and my children. It has been an amazing experience working with them and I’m so thankful for them. As no amount of money will ever change what happened they made sure we were forever taken care of.” – Katy S., A Truck Accident Client