Munley Law is a Highly Experienced Big Rig Truck Accident Law Firm
If you are involved in a crash with a Big Rig truck, also referred to as an 18-Wheeler, Semi-Truck, Dump Truck etc., it is important to act immediately and find an experienced legal team. The Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey Big Rig accident lawyers at Munley Law will ensure that he evidence in your Big Rig accident case is preserved and we will make sure that it is not destroyed, lost, destroyed, contaminated or eliminated. We will send top-notch investigators to gather evidence while its fresh and available. Let us put our team of Big Rig truck accident attorneys to work on your case today.
When you hire the Big Rig attorneys at Munley Law, you are hiring our entire truck accident team. Our attorneys have decades of experience with Big Rig trucking law. We have handled some of the largest and most complicated trucking cases in the country and we have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients. Our Lawyers have been names by their peers as the Best Lawyers in America and we teach other attorneys how to try truck accident cases. Our team members hold leadership positions in national trucking organizations including Chairman of the American Association for Justice—apposition help by Dan Munley and Marion Munley serves on it executive team. We have led delegations to US Congress, helping to make trucking laws that are safe for all drivers.
Call Munley Law today. We would love an opportunity to help you with your truck accident case. Our number is 844-686-5397 or you can use on online contact form or click on our Chat Now button to chat with a representative immediately. We are the leading Big Rig accident lawyers in Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey and we will provide you with a FREE consultation on your truck accident case at any time.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident/Wrongful Death
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Crash
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accident
$4.7 Million Truck Accident
What to Do if You are Involved in a Big Rig Truck Accident
Its important for all drivers to understand what they should do if they are involved in a crash with a Big Rig. Check out our Frequently asked Questions regarding our Truck Accidents. Also keep in mind:
- Call for medical help and call the police at the scene of a Big Rig truck accident
- Do not admit fault for a Big Rig accident
- Do not sign anything regarding your Big Rig truck accident except the police report
- Call your insurance company and report your accident with the Big Rig–to give a brief statement of what happened but do not accept any settlement offers. All of your your conversations with an insurance agent will be recorded
- Make sure to get as much information about the other drivers, their vehicles, including the Big Rig and other cars involved in the accident
- Take as many notes as possible about eyewitnesses to your Big Rig truck accident and the Big Rig truck driver as possible including such as their names, phone numbers and insurance card
- Use your cell phones to take photos of the insurance card, licenses and registration cards of all other drivers including the Big Rig driver
- Take pictures of the accident scene—remember to use that cell phone camera
- Make notes about things such as the weather conditions, obstructions on the highway or to your driving views, any construction on the road or highway or other road conditions that may have played a part in your accident with the Big Rig truck
- Document all of your medical treatment and save your bills
- Record all of your lost time from work, lost wages, commissions, and any other expenses related to your truck accident injuries
Munley Law is the Best Big Rig Truck Accident Firm in PA NY and NJ
Big Rig Truck accident cases are complicated and can involve many parties such as the Big Rig trucking company, the truck driver and multiple insurance companies and shell companies. You should contact us immediately after your Big Rig crash so we can immediately preserve all of your truck accident case and make sure it is not destroyed by the Big Rig trucking company
When choosing a truck crash lawyer to protect you and your family, consider the following tractor trailer accident settlements and verdicts:
If you live in Pennsylvania, New York or New Jersey and you’ve been involved in an accident with a Big Rig truck contact us today – 844-686-5397 or fill out our online contact form or click on our Chat Now button. The the experienced Big Rig truck crash attorneys at Munley Law to schedule a FREE no-obligation, no-cost consultation so we may get started immediately on getting you the justice and compensation you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions in Big Rig Accident Cases
Q: What can I do to protect myself after an accident with a big rig truck or tractor-trailer?
A: Truck crashes are complicated and require the attention of a lawyer with a record of success in handling big rig cases. Large trucking companies will usually have expensive resources, including teams of lawyers and experts prepared to fight against any lawsuit — regardless of how injured you are. If you have been hit by a big rig truck, contact an experienced truck accident attorney who will defend your rights and ensure you are fairly compensated.
Q: What should I do immediately after a big rig accident?
A: While you are still at the scene of the accident, you should:
- Remain calm and in your vehicle (unless you need to get out for safety reasons)
- Call 911 (even if you think your accident is minor)
- Seek medical attention for anyone on the scene who has injuries of any kind
- Do not move the vehicles until the police arrive (unless absolutely necessary)
- Do not leave the scene
- Record all the the names, addresses and phone numbers of any parties involved, particularly any witnesses
- Write down the names and badge numbers of any police officers investigating the accident
- Photograph the scene, including vehicles and injuries
- Do not admit fault
- Immediately notify your own insurance company
- Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent or representative; you are not required to give a statement to anyone but the police and your insurance company.
Q: What to do after you’re in a car accident with a big rig?
- Consult a lawyer first. Insurance companies might try and have you sign something, but they do not represent your interests. Especially if you may have to sue to obtain the money to which you are entitled.
- Insurance adjusters will often attempt to convince you to sign papers and take settlement offers. These are often well below the compensation to which you are entitled.
- Document your injuries thoroughly and early. When you go in for medical treatment, take photographs in the hospital, or when you get home.
- Keep track of all expenses, including prescription receipts, mileage for trips to doctors’ offices, physical therapy appointments, etc. And also any home care expenses.
- Follow all treatment instructions and keep scheduled appointments. This helps show your active participation in the healing and rehabilitation process.
Q: What if someone from the trucking company calls me before I’ve hired a big rig truck accident lawyer?
A: Make sure you:
- Do not make a recorded statement to the trucking company’s insurance carrier.
- Do not sign anything sent to you by the trucking company and their insurance carrier.
- Immediately contact an experienced trucking law firm to hire an attorney at Munley Law.
Q: What should I do in the days following a truck accident?
A: Here is what you need to do after a big rig accident:
- Get a copy of the accident report prepared by the police, as well as a property damage valuation from your insurance company.
- Record all visits with doctors and any healthcare providers. Write down any symptoms or pain you experience. Make sure you copies of all test results, medications, treatments, and any other medical information
- List all out-of-pocket expenses
- Keep a record of missed work or other activities in which you could not participate due to your injuries
- Don’t accept a settlement offer until you have consulted with a lawyer
Q: Who can be sued in a big rig truck accident case?
A: There are many parties who might be liable in a big rig truck accident case. These include: truck or tractor trailer accident case, the truck driver, trucking company, or owner of the truck/trailer. Sometimes, the facility responsible for loading the truck, or even the group responsible for the contents of the trailer can be liable. Every truck accident case is unique, so the best way to determine the course of action you should take is to speak with a lawyer. That is why we offer free consultations to our potential clients.
Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a truck accident?
A: In most Pennsylvania truck accident cases, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. (This is true in many other states, too.) But, don’t delay. It is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible following an accident. It can be harder to investigate the details of your case as more and more time passes. Important evidence might be lost or destroyed. Plus, the trucking company will have its own team of investigators and experts on the scene of the crash in order to build their defense immediately. You will need an experienced lawyer on your side to do the same.
Q: How much will it cost to hire a truck accident attorney?
A: We work on a contingent fee basis at Munley Law. This means we do not collect a fee unless we win your case. (Then our fee is simply a portion of the benefits we obtain for you.) You will owe nothing up front or out of your own pocket; we will not get paid until you get paid.
Q: Does my big rig accident lawyer have enough experience?
A: Big rig trucking accidents are different than a car or a regular slip and fall accident — instead of dealing with an individual, you may have to face down a company. So it’s critical you have a lawyer with not just experience, but a winning record against these large companies.
At Munley Law, our truck accident lawyers are considered the best in the nation. We have been battling truck companies for our clients for more than 50 years to get them the compensation they deserve. The numbers don’t lie — Munley Law is ready to fight for what you deserve in the courtroom.