Were You Involved in an Accident With a Cement Truck? Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help.
Cement trucks can pose serious dangers for anyone on the road. These large trucks have unique safety problems that can cause very serious injuries and often death when an accident occurs. If you have been in an accident with a cement truck, you will need a cement truck accident lawyer who is experienced in handling cement truck cases. The trucking company will have its own team of experts and lawyers ready to defend their case against you, so it’s important you hire a truck accident lawyer ready to fight for what you deserve.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys’s personal injury attorneys have decades of experience winning trucking lawsuits, including many cases involving cement truck accidents. Our lawyers have been named by peers as among the Best Lawyers in America, and the team has a national reputation as one of the best trucking law firms in the country. Our attorneys have led national organizations on trucking laws, taught and lectured on trucking laws around the country, and led a delegation to the United States Congress to help change and improve trucking laws to benefit the innocent victims of trucking accidents.
We have won millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts for our trucking accident victims and we would love the opportunity to help you get the justice you deserve for your cement truck accident case. Call us today for a FREE initial consultation or fill out our online contact form.
Why Do Cement Trucks Crash?
Cement truck accidents can be complex and difficult to try and require the help of an experienced Cement Truck Accident attorney who understands the complexity of a trucking case.
Cement trucks are bulky and unsteady, and have a high center of gravity, making them prone to roll over due to uneven weight distribution. Accidents can happen at speeds as low as 5 mph, or while the driver is making a turn. Making matters worse, cement truck drivers are often rushing to their destinations to make sure the cement, which must be wet in order to do its job, does not dry out inside the truck.
Cement truck drivers also can have more blind spots and limited line-of-vision. They can fail to see obstacles, or if they see them too late, the size and weight of the truck makes it difficult to quickly switch lanes.
Other cement truck hazards include:
- Driver is inexperienced, fatigued, distracted, intoxicated, or otherwise impaired
- Aggressive driving, including speeding and driver making sudden or sharp turns
- Defective design, wear and tear, or failure to inspect brakes, lights, tires or other parts of the cement truck
What Should I Do If I Am in an Accident with a Cement Truck?
When an accident with a cement truck occurs, you need to be ready to defend your rights by seeking legal help. The trucking company will be ready to defend any case that you may bring against it, with a whole team of representatives, attorneys and experts, who will be at the scene of your accident in no time making a case against you. Immediately after a cement truck accident, you need to do the following:
- Seek medical attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, you need to get checked by your doctor. A car accident or truck accident can give you a rush of adrenaline, which can mask the pain of any injuries for days. Serious injuries can also be difficult to diagnose – you may not immediately realize the effects of brain trauma.
- Make an official report: File an official report with the police. This accident report will have information important to filing a claim. If you were hurt while on the job, be sure to report the accident to your employer right away.
- Get contact information for witnesses and first responders: If you are physically able to, get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of all parties involved at the scene, including witnesses. Also record the names and badge numbers of any police officers who report to the scene.
- Take photos: Use your cell phone to take photos of the accident, the vehicles involved, the surrounding area, and any physical injuries you can document.
- Report the accident to YOUR insurance company: It’s important to call your insurance company and tell them what happened, but do not give a statement to the other party’s insurance company until after you have consulted with a lawyer.
- Call an experienced truck accident attorney: Our staff includes award-winning lawyers, paralegals and other professionals who are specially trained to assist in the investigation, development, negotiation and trials of cement truck accident cases. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys works as a team, so you will benefit from many lawyers working on and evaluating your case.
We are considered among the Best Lawyers in America, with a unique specialty in trucking law. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys can help you figure out how to pay your medical bills and recover for your lost wages, pain and suffering, wrongful death and other damages.
What Should You Do in the Days Following a Cement Truck Accident?
Once you have taken care of these initial matters, you should do the following:
- Keep the police report. Make sure to give a copy to your attorney as well.
- Keep expense records. These expenses include lost wages, time off from work, medical expenses, travel expenses, and all other costs related to your injuries and the accident.
- Keep medical records: Make sure you keep any paperwork or forms from the hospital, and a detailed record of your doctor visits and all procedures, medications, and treatments.
- Avoid speaking with the trucking company’s insurance company. During this time, you may start receiving phone calls from the other party’s insurance company. Remember, you do not need to speak with them at all. In fact, it’s best to avoid them and let your cement truck accident lawyer speak with them. If you do speak with them, don’t reveal anything about your injuries or what had happened and make sure the call isn’t being recorded.
Hire the Best Cement Truck Accident Lawyer Today
Our attorneys are ready to fight for you right now. Our team of experienced cement truck accident lawyers, investigators nurses and paralegals can make sure that the evidence in your case is preserved and not destroyed by the tucking company. We can make sure that eyewitnesses are identified and that everything you need to get the just you deserve is there for you. We can help you recover for your medical bills, lost wages and pain and suffering. Call us now to schedule a free consultation and let’s get to work to get you the justice you deserve.
Read what our clients are saying about us:
“November of 2015 I was sitting at a red light in my Dually Pickup Truck. A loaded tractor trailer rear ended me, he was traveling in excess of 50 MPH. Resulting in me being airlifted to the trama facility nearby. I suffered a broken neck plus spinal cord damage and internal injuries. The day after the accident, Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys was contacted. The wheels went in motion immediately. They knew exactly what had to be done, and they did it with aggression and professionalism. They always kept my wife and I abreast of the progress. This law firm has been in business for over 60 years, and predicated on my results with them, they are sure to see at least another 60. I can tell you, My wife and I are grateful for our positive experience with Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys.” – Gary and Cinda, Truck Accident Clients