If You Have Been Involved in a Truck Accident in Delaware, Call Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Today
A crash with a truck is no ordinary event. A truck accident can change your life. After seeking medical care, one of the first things you should do is to consult an experienced truck accident lawyer who will inform you of your rights and take any steps necessary to ensure the transportation and insurance companies won’t avoid responsibility. Their legal team will be ready to deny fault for your injuries – you need someone on your side to represent you.
The consultation with our attorneys is free, and we don’t collect any payment for our services unless we win your case in the form of a settlement or jury verdict. To learn more about what it means to have a Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Truck Accident lawyer representing you, contact us right away for a free consultation.
Choosing the Right Truck Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been hurt or if you’ve lost a loved one in a truck crash in Delaware, you don’t need an injury lawyer, you need a truck accident lawyer. There is a difference: while most injury lawyers handle car wrecks, very few have the necessary experience and specialized knowledge to win a truck case.
At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we have dedicated a significant portion of our practice to truck cases alone, and we have decades of experience winning these complex cases. Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys is the only firm in the United States with two lawyers who have led the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group. Marion Munley and Daniel Munley are among the few attorneys in the United States to become board-certified in truck accident law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and they both have spent decades educating other lawyers on how to handle truck cases.
The team of truck accident lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys have achieved numerous multi-million dollar settlements and have brought dozens of truck injury cases to trial. Learn more about how we can help you by scheduling a free consultation.
Delaware Truck Accident Statistics
Trucks Involved In Delaware Accidents
Although trucks make up a small percentage of the drivers on Delaware’s roads and highways, these large commercial vehicles cause serious damage and injuries. As the most recent annual OHS Report explains:
- Pickup Trucks were involved in 5,487 accidents (10.26% of all Delaware accidents), including 5,407 personal injury crashes (9.74% of all Delaware personal injury crashes) and 29 of fatal collisions (16.38% of all Delaware fatal collisions)
- Tractor-Trailer and Semi-Trucks were involved in 840 accidents (1.57% of all Delaware accidents), including 127 personal injury crashes (1.25% of all Delaware personal injury crashes) and 4 fatal collisions (2.26% of all Delaware fatal collisions)
- Other Commercial Trucks were involved in 1,366 accidents (2.56% of all Delaware accidents), including 240 personal injury crashes (2.36% of all Delaware personal injury crashes) and 9 fatal collisions (5.08% of all Delaware fatal collisions)
The major trucking companies will hire lawyers immediately after a truck accident and have them on the scene the same day, if possible. You should do the same. The experienced trucking law lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys know how to preserve all of the important pieces of evidence for you. They know how to secure the scene of an accident and take necessary photographs and statements. This is very critical because significant pieces of evidence helpful to you can be lost, misplaced or be purposely destroyed by the trucking companies. Check out our list of frequently asked questions you may have after a truck accident.
We handle cases involving all kinds of Delaware-registered trucks
It’s not just long-haul tractor trailers that cause devastating accidents. Unlike many other states, most Delaware-registered trucks do not travel long distances. Instead, a Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) Report indicates that trucks in Delaware are used for the following purposes:
- Construction Work uses make up 30.0% of all trucks registered in Delaware
- Utilities and Service Work and Repairs constitute 5% of all trucks registered in Delaware
- Wholesale and Retail Trade account for 16.1% of all trucks registered in Delaware
- Agriculture purposes make up of 14.0% of all trucks registered in Delaware
- For-Hire Labor constitutes 5.5% of all trucks registered in Delaware
- Manufacturing Jobs require 5.1% of all trucks registered in Delaware
- Other or Unreported Uses account for the remaining 7.8% of Delaware-registered trucks
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Has the Best Trucking Accident Lawyers in the Country
Our trucking law team is specially trained to assist in the investigation, development, negotiation and trials of truck accident cases in Delaware. Our truck accident attorneys have won millions of dollars in settlements and trial verdicts, including numerous multimillion-dollar cases. Take a look at some of our settlements and verdicts for victims of truck accidents:
- $26 Million: Settlement for a truck accident resulting in traumatic brain injury
- $8 Million: Settlement for truck accident
- $6.9 Million: Settlement when a garbage truck rammed a car
- $6.5 Million: Settlement to a man brain injured by a garbage truck
- $3.5 Million: Jury verdict for pedestrian hit by truck
- $2.8 Million: Settlement for trucking accident
- $2.8 Million: Settlement for a boy killed by a truck
- $2.25Million: Settlement for driver of a van involved in accident w truck
- $1.85 Million: Settlement for fuel tank operator killed in crash with dump truck
- $1.8 Million: Settlement for tractor trailer accident that caused a woman’s death
- $1.5 Million: Settlement for woman injured by fatigued truck driver
- $1.5 Million: Settlement for crash involving newspaper delivery truck
- $1.3 Million: Jury verdict for Clarks Summit woman in tractor-trailer accident
- $1 Million: Settlement when a 69 year old man was killed by a tractor trailer
Our Truck Accident Attorneys’ Promise: No Fee Unless We Win
At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we work on a contingent fee basis. This means that we only collect a fee for our services if we win your case. The contingent fee agreement protects you from any financial risk associated with your case, and if we don’t obtain a settlement or verdict for you, you owe us nothing. Call today to find out how we can help you.
A word from our truck accident clients:
“Bob Munley helped me at the worst time of my life. After my accident, I thought I would never recover. But Bob Munley was with me every step of the way. Not only did he get me what I needed, but he made sure I understood what was happening with my case.” – A Trucking Accident client
Truck Crash FAQ for Victims of Delaware Truck Accidents
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit for My Truck Accident Injuries?
The time limits for filing a case are called a “statute of limitations” and different kinds of cases have statutes of limitations that last different lengths of time. Every state sets their own statutes of limitations for truck accident victims.
In Delaware, plaintiffs have two years to file their case in a Delaware court. The two years begins on the state of the truck crash. Claims filed after this deadline will be rejected and accident victims won’t be allowed to sue and get a reward, even if they have an otherwise-winning case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit if My Loved One Was Killed in a Catastrophic Truck Accident?
In some states, the statute of limitations for wrongful death claims and personal injury claims is different, but in Delaware, they are the same. That means that any claims against the trucking industry players or insurance companies that are based on the death of your family member who was tragically killed in a truck crash need to be filed within two years. The two-year time limit begins on the date that your relative actually passed away. This may be the date of the collision, but it is sometimes later.
What Are the Steps and Stages in a Truck Accident Case?
The exact phases of your truck accident lawsuit will depend on a number of factors that are difficult to predict without knowing the specifics of your case and injuries. Some cases settle for millions of dollars before a lawsuit is ever filed. Others take years to go to trial and then get tied up in appeals. However, after you have hired an experienced truck accident lawyer, your attorney will do the following to further your case:
- Gather Information, Documents, Reports, and Physical Evidence Relating to Your Accident, Injuries, Treatment, Diagnoses, and Employment
- Research the Law and the Truck Responsible for Your Injuries in Order to Determine the Available and Best Claims to Bring, Defendants to Name, and Place to File Your Lawsuit
- Contact the Attorneys for the Trucking and Insurance Companies to See If They Will Take Responsibility Without You Filing a Lawsuit
- Write and File the Complaint to Initiate Your Lawsuit
- Conduct “Discovery” to Request and Obtain Evidence and Information from Defendants
- Respond to Discovery Requests from Your Opponents
- Attempt to Negotiate a Favorable Settlement for You with the Other Parties
- Defend Against Any Motions Seeking to Have a Judge Get Rid of Your Case
- Consult with Experts, Consultants, and Reconstructionists to Prepare for Trial
- Select a Jury Who Is Likely to Understand Your Case and Why You Deserve to Be Compensated for Your Injuries
- Make an Opening Statement, Conduct Direct and Cross-Examinations of Witnesses and Experts, Present Evidence, and Argue to the Jury that You Deserve Justice
- Argue for or Against Any Relevant Post-Verdict Motions or Notices of Appeal After the End of Your Trial
- File Any Subsequent Lawsuits Against Trucking and Insurance Companies Who Lost and Are Taking Too Long to Pay You the Money They Owe You
At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, our six decades of experience in each of these steps prepares us to win big during any phase of your lawsuit. Whether we are in a negotiation room or a courtroom, our Truck Accident Team has the knowledge, skills, and expertise that are needed to fight for you and win. Don’t suffer any longer–call us today and see how a Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys lawyer can fight for justice for you.