If you have lost a loved one in a truck accident in Pennsylvania, you and your family deserve justice.
No amount of money can replace someone you love, but fair compensation can alleviate the financial burdens you may be facing, and provide future security for your family. And, the knowledge that those at fault have been brought to justice can provide some peace of mind.
Since 1959, bereaved families and individuals have turned to Munley Law for help. Our firm is unique in that we have developed a special focus on cases involving major truck accidents. We are ready to guide you through this difficult time. Fill out our email form, or call (855) 866-5529, and we will review the details of your situation at no charge. There is never a fee unless we win on your behalf.
Munley Law: The nation’s leading truck accident firm
Choosing someone to represent you following the loss of a family member is a big decision. You need someone you can trust to successfully resolve your case, protect your family’s rights, and honor the memory of your loved one.
At Munley Law, we have dedicated decades of our law practice to mastering this specialized type of case. No other law firm in the United States can match our level of experience, expertise, and compassion for clients. We are the only law firm in the country with two lawyers (Daniel Munley and Marion Munley) who have led the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group, and we are among a handful of attorneys who have earned board certification in Trucking Law from the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
We know that that truck crash was one of the most significant events in your entire life. After all you’ve been through, you need to know your case is in the right hands. We want to relieve you of that worry and allow you to rest assured that we will do everything possible to ensure you receive justice.
When choosing a truck crash lawyer to protect you and your family, consider the following tractor trailer accident settlements and verdicts:
- $26 million
- $8 million
- $8 million
- $6.9 million
- $6.5 million
- $4.7 million
- $4.1 million
- $3.97 million
- $3.8 million
- $3.5 million
- $2.8 million
- $2.25 million
- $1.9 million
- $1.85 million
- $1.8 million
- $1.7 million
Call or submit our contact form to begin the process today. The consultation is free, and we don’t get paid for our services until we win your case.
Who is Responsible for a Fatal Truck Accident?
The experienced truck accident team at Munley Law will
What causes a fatal truck accident? Each case is unique, but some common causes include:
- Driver error – According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, driver error is 10 times more likely to be the cause in a crash than any other factors.
- Equipment failure – This can range from a design or manufacturing flaw, to safety issues like worn tires.
- Weather conditions – In adverse weather conditions, trucks have a more difficult time stopping than passenger cars do.
- Improper loading – An overloaded or improperly loaded truck presents an increased risk of a rollover or accident.
- Safety Violation – Either the truck driver or the trucking company has violated federal and state safety violations, resulting in a preventable accident.
An experienced fatal truck accident lawyer will work with investigators and industry experts to determine what caused the accident and who is at fault.
How Common Are Fatal Truck Accidents?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), truck accidents have increased over 52% in the last decade. The latest data from the United States Department of Transportation’s Fatality Analysis Reporting System (FARS) shows well over truck crash 4000 fatalities per year. The increase in deaths related to semi-truck collisions is all the more remarkable considering that there has been an overall decline in motor-vehicle accidents.
Passenger vehicle occupants make up over 97% of tractor-trailer accident fatalities.
What Causes Fatal Truck Crashes?
Every accident involving a large commercial truck is unique, but some common causes of catastrophic truck accidents that result in death include:
- Driver Error– The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports that driver error is 10 times more likely to be the cause in a crash than any other factors. Driver error includes distracted driving, driver fatigue, drug and alcohol use, speeding, tailgating, misuse of gears and breaking systems, and other negligent behaviors.
- Truck Equipment Failure – When a truck’s engine, breaks, and steering system malfunctions, the consequents can be lethal for other drivers on the road. Truck equipment failures can be the result of flaws in design, manufacturing, installation, or maintenance.
- Inclement Weather Conditions – When compared to cars, SUVs, motorcycles, and pickup trucks, large commercial tractor-trailers require more time and distance to slow down, stop, change lanes, make turns, and exit. Implement weather conditions like rain, snow, sleet, hail, wind, fog, or ice make it even harder for trucks to safely perform these tasks.
- Improper Loading or Overloading – Federal and state governments heavily regulate size and weight limits for truck cargo as well as how that cargo must be secured and loaded. An overloaded or improperly loaded truck presents an increased risk of a rollover, unsafe wear on truck breaking systems, and accidents caused by unsecured cargo spilling onto highway roads.
An experienced fatal truck accident lawyer will understand how to determine which of these factors is at play and how to work with industry experts to ensure that trucking accident victims get the awards they deserve.
Someone I Love was Killed in a Truck Accident – Do I Need a Lawyer?
If your loved one was killed in a truck crash, your family has the right to hold the at-fault party accountable and to seek compensation for the losses you have suffered as a result. However, transportation companies and their insurers have legal teams on their side who will minimize or deny your claim. It is almost impossible to bring them to justice without an advocate on your side who knows the industry regulations and can obtain and analyze company records, black box data, and more.
When it comes to truck accident cases, especially those involving a loss of life, experience counts. Each member of our team has more than a decade of experience handling these complex cases. We will get to work right away to investigate the circumstances surrounding the accident and begin to build a winning case on your behalf. This includes collecting evidence, working with engineers and reconstructionists, investigators and other experts to pursue all possible sources of recovery. You can depend on Munley Law to fight relentlessly for the justice you deserve.
We understand the vulnerable position you are in, and we believe that financial hurdles should never stand in the way of justice. That’s why we do not charge a fee unless we win your case. You will never owe us anything up front or out of your own pocket.
A Pennsylvania Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer Will Hold Negligent Trucking Companies Accountable
Truck accident cases are what we do. We have obtained multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts from negligent trucking companies to provide security, closure, and justice for victims’ families. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Contact Munley Law today for a free case evaluation.