Massachusetts Truck Accident Attorney
If you were injured in a truck accident, our Massachusetts truck accident lawyers can help.
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were approximately 415,000 accidents involving trucks in the U.S. in 2020. Over 24% of them caused serious injuries, and about 1% were fatal. In Massachusetts, nearly 6% of large trucks on the road were involved in a crash. More importantly, accidents involving tractor-trailers cause the most serious injuries and accidents on Massachusetts roads.
If you or someone you know was injured in a crash with a large commercial truck in Massachusetts, our nationwide truck accident lawyers are ready to fight for you. Schedule a free consultation with the nation’s premier truck accident lawyers at Munley Law today.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Types of Compensation Available to Victims of Truck Accidents in Massachusetts
Victims of collisions with a large commercial truck may be able to receive compensation for some or all of the following:
- Past, Present, and Future Medical Expenses. This may include bills for hospital stays, physical therapy, rehabilitation, or any other costs incurred in the treatment of an injury caused by the accident.
- Lost Wages and Lost Earning Capacity. Your normal life may be on hold after a truck accident and your injuries may have stopped you from working. You may be able to receive compensation to cover your lost wages as well as any future income that you will lose because of the injuries you sustained.
- Mental Anguish and Emotional Distress. In addition to physical injuries, truck accidents can cause mental pain and emotional distress. You may be able to seek compensation to cover costs associated with your emotional distress, such as depression and stress.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Daily Activities. Similar to emotional distress, a truck accident may cause an injured victim to lose enjoyment in their usual daily activities.
- Loss of Consortium / Loss of Companionship. If you have been injured in a trucking accident, you may experience a loss of consortium. Simply put, loss of consortium refers to the deprivation of the benefits of parenting or married life due to the inability to show affection or love.
- Wrongful Death Damages. If your family member was killed in a truck accident, you may be able to sue the truck driver and the truck company to get justice for your loved one and to ensure you and your family are secure financially in the future. These damages allow you to grieve without worrying about providing for your family.
A Massachusetts Truck Accident Attorney Can Help You Get Compensation
Truck accident cases are complex. Many parties can be at fault or held liable, such as the truck driver, trucking company, manufacturing company, shipping company, and anyone else responsible for maintaining or loading the truck.
Trucking companies have teams of investigators at the ready to immediately start building a case against you. This can make it harder to get compensation. You need a team of investigators who are also ready to go to the scene of the accident to ensure your rights are protected.
Because injuries and damage are often severe, insurance rarely covers all of the losses and expenses caused by a truck accident. Especially because trucking companies often seek to minimize a victim’s insurance payments by disputing victims’ claims. They may use tactics that can add to the trauma and expense of being in a truck accident. This is why it is important to have an experienced Massachusetts truck accident lawyer negotiate for you.
If these negotiations fail to get the compensation you deserve, a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit may be the next step. Because of the complexity of truck accidents, victims need experienced lawyers who know how to handle a trucking accident lawsuit.
The Massachusetts truck accident attorneys at Munley Law have the experience to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve. We have a team of investigators who can visit the accident scene to ensure evidence is collected and preserved. Our team can work on your behalf to make sure the responsible party is held liable and you are compensated.
Call Munley Law today for a FREE consultation , or use our online contact form.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions by Our Massachusetts Truck Crash Lawyers
Q: How much are most truck accident settlements?
There is no common or usual amount for truck accident settlements. Each accident and case are unique. No one can tell you exactly how much your claim will settle for without first investigating the crash, gathering evidence, reviewing medical records, and considering future medical costs. Plus, not every case settles. Sometimes, going to trial in court is required.
Even though there is no “average settlement,” there are common factors that must be considered in determining how much your claim may be worth. Some of the factors that affect the settlement value include:
- The severity of the injuries you suffered
cost of current and future medical treatment
- Property damage to your car
- Damage to any property in your car
- Non-economic damages, like emotional distress
Q: How do I know if I need a Massachusetts tractor-trailer accident lawyer?
As the injured victim in a tractor-trailer accident, you may be able to bring a lawsuit against the negligent party to get compensation for your injuries. Unfortunately, you will likely face legal hurdles that will be hard to overcome without a personal injury lawyer on your side. Many victims of truck accidents never get the compensation they deserve when they try to handle their claims on their own.
The legal process can be confusing, and the insurance companies profit by settling for as little as possible. As a serious injury victim, you may be concerned about paying your current medical bills, especially if you’re missing a lot of time from work. A quick settlement might sound like a good idea at first, but it rarely is. Future expenses need to be considered, and a quick settlement may not cover those.
At Munley Law, we have the legal experience as knowledgeable truck accident lawyers to ensure you receive compensation for both present and future medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Q: How can an experienced Massachusetts semi-truck accident lawyer help me?
An experienced Massachusetts semi-truck accident lawyer will have the legal knowledge to act in your best interests. This means your attorney will:
- Discover who is at fault for your injury: Truck accidents often involve multiple parties who can be held responsible. The more parties involved, the more complex a claim can be.
- Estimate how much your claim is worth: The initial settlement you receive from the insurance company generally does not cover all your expenses following an accident. That’s because the adjuster is trying to settle your claim for the least amount of money. Unfortunately, many injury victims don’t know how much their claim is truly worth and will take the first settlement offer they receive. This is a mistake.
- Negotiate with the insurance company: The insurance company will do whatever it can to not pay the full amount. Its adjusters may try to bully you or persuade you to take the first amount offered. You’ll need a lawyer with strong negotiating skills to help you with a settlement.
- Represent you in court: If a settlement cannot be reached, you will need an aggressive trial team to represent you in the courtroom. All the attorneys at Munley Law have experience in the courtroom and will fight for your rights.
Q: How long do I have to file my truck accident claim?
The time limit for filing a case is called the “statute of limitations.” In Massachusetts, the statute of limitations for claims based on truck crash injuries is three years from the date of the accident.
While three years may seem like a long time, you should contact our experienced Massachusetts truck accident lawyers as soon as possible. Before you can file your claim, your truck accident attorney will need time to investigate your case, talk with experts, gather documents and evidence, and make strategic decisions.
To talk with the experienced Massachusetts truck accident lawyers at Munley Law, schedule your free, no-obligation consultation today.
Q: How much does a tractor-trailer accident lawyer cost?
At Munley Law, we understand that truck accidents cause not only physical injuries but financial hardship too. While truck accident victims are recovering from traumatic injuries, they incur expensive medical bills and may be unable to work. The last thing you need when trying to recover is financial stress.
That’s why Munley Law works on a contingency fee basis. This means you pay nothing upfront. We will pay all of the costs of your case out of our own pocket. Our fee will be a percentage of the compensation we are able to recover for you, either in a settlement or a verdict in court. And we won’t be paid a penny if we don’t win for you.
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, contact Munley Law today for a free consultation. Recovering from a truck accident can be a traumatic experience, requiring significant physical and emotional care. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Massachusetts, you need to speak with an experienced attorney right away. Our team of truck accident lawyers is here to help. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn about your rights and legal options. Let us help you get started on the road to recovery.