The nation’s leading truck accident lawyers: unmatched experience, authority, and results
Last year, a motor-vehicle crash occurred in the state of Texas every fifty-eight seconds. One Texan was injured every two minutes and seven seconds. And one person was killed in a Texas collision every two hours and twenty-five minutes. A significant percentage of these collisions, injuries, and deaths were due to accidents involving large commercial semi-trucks. Unfortunately, many of these accidents were not accidents at all, but preventable crashes caused by trucking company negligence.
When Texas drivers (including truckers themselves) get seriously hurt or killed in a wreck, the ones at fault should be held responsible and the victims should be fairly compensated. Since 1959, the truck accident attorneys at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys have fought for injured victims and their families. Call, chat or fill out our contact form today to find out more about how we can help. The consultation is free.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Leading the country in truck accident law
While many firms claim to handle truck accident cases, not all of them have actually brought a truck case to trial and won. Even fewer are the attorneys who can claim years (let alone decades) of experience winning truck cases. At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, the members of our truck litigation team each has 20-30 years of experience winning these complex cases. We have spent decades developing a unique focus on this specialized area of the law; as truck accidents become more common, our attorneys now travel around the United States to teach other lawyers how to approach a tractor trailer case. The Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys truck accident lawyers are among only a handful of people who have earned board certification in Truck Accident Law from the National Board of Trial Advocacy, and we are the ONLY firm in the U.S. with two lawyers who have been elected Chair of the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group. We have won millions in settlements and verdicts for truck accident victims, including a recent $26 million settlement.
If you or someone you know suffered a crash involving a tractor-trailer in Texas, contact an experienced Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys truck accident attorney right away. and a Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys lawyer can help you get the justice you deserve while holding responsible parties accountable. Call, chat live, or submit our contact form today. The consultation is free, and there is no fee unless we win.
The Main Causes of Texas Truck Accidents
The Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT) tracks the most common causes of motor-vehicle accidents in the Lonestar State. Because of the causal differences between rural and urban areas of Texas, the TxDOT records these distinctions.
Causes of Texas Truck Crashes
Truck accidents happen on rural roads and busy interstates throughout Texas. One of the first things your lawyers must do is to investigate and determine what events, malfunctions, or behaviors led to your crash.
- Driver Distraction – Distracted driving was a contributing factor in 17,920 Texas accidents last year
- Unsafe Speeds – Exceeding posted speed limits or driving too fast for road conditions (due to weather, traffic, visibility, etc.) are some of the most common causes of fatal accidents.
- Driver Fatigue – Drowsy driving (often the result of exceeding hours of service regulations) is a major issue for commercial drivers and often results in devastating tractor trailer accidents.
- Unsafe Lane Changes – 31,225 accidents were the result of dangerous lane shifting.
- Failures to Yield to Right of Way Traffic While Turning – 26,665 crashes occurred because of drivers who did not defer to other motor-vehicles when making a turn.
- Following Too Closely – Tailgating was a factor in 21,000 Texan accidents.
- Drunk Driving – There were 513 fatal crashes involving a driver who consumed alcohol and was intoxicated.
- Faulty Evasive Maneuver – Driver who tried to avoid an object or another vehicle caused 225 fatal accidents.
- Speeding – Speeds that were excessive of state speeding limits caused 219 fatal collisions.
- Fatigued Driving – Driver exhaustion and drivers who fell asleep at the wheel caused 172 fatal crashes.
If the driver who caused your crash displayed any of these behaviors, they might face citations as well as civil action. We will pursue all possible courses of action to make sure you are properly compensated for your pain and suffering.
Texas Truck Accident FAQ
Q: What kinds of damages can I be compensated for after a truck wreck?
The kind of claim will depend on the injuries or damages that you suffered and the reason that those injuries or damages occurred. You should consult with an experienced truck accident attorney about the specifics of your accident, but some common claims include compensation for: medical bills, ambulance bills, physical therapy, long-term care, lost wages, diminished earning capacity, altered quality of life, and pain and suffering.
Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit in Texas for my truck accident injuries?
States including enact strict time limits called “statutes of limitations” that govern when legal claims must be filed. Failure to file before the statute of limitations expires will bar a truck accident victim from being able to collect any award, even if the truck driver was entirely at fault.
In Texas, truck accident plaintiffs generally have two years from the date of the crash to file their personal injury, wrongful death, and property damage claims. Occasionally, that timeline is extended if the injuries could not have been discovered right away.
Two years may seem like a long time, but you should contact a truck accident lawyer right away to ensure that your litigation team has time to investigate the collision, file required insurance company reports, collect the necessary documents, interview witnesses, research changes in the law and the specific details of your case, negotiate with trucking and insurance companies, and draft a winning complaint to be filed in a Texas court.
Q: Why Should I Choose an Experienced Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Truck Accident Lawyer to Represent Me?
For 60 years, truck accident victims in the great state of Texas have trusted Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys attorneys to win the settlement awards they need to survive after an accident and hold liable parties responsible. Our clients choose our Truck Litigation Team at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys because:
- We Win Big and We Win Often – We have more than half of a century of experience winning millions for our clients. The Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys Truck Accident Team has fought trucking and insurance companies to get our clients the justice they deserve and the awards they are entitled to. We recently negotiated a $26 million settlement on behalf of a catastrophic truck accident victim. Call us to see if we can win big for you!
- We Are Recognized Across the Country for Our Ingenuity, Leadership, and Results in Truck Litigation – Lawyers, professional organizations, and trucking industry players all over the United States know what it means to have a Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys attorney fighting your truck accident case. We have won awards and recognitions for the way we use cutting-edge technologies, the best experts in the country, and innovative legal techniques to stay on top for our clients.
- We Never Charge Our Clients a Penny Unless We Win for Them– At Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, we will never ask you to pay us anything upfront. We will cover all of the costs needed to fight your case and win the award you deserve. If we don’t, our services are free of charge.
If you were injured in a major commercial truck accident in Texas, don’t suffer or try to take on the trucking and insurance companies alone. Our Truck Litigation Team is standing by and waiting to discuss the details of your case and the award you deserve. Contact an experienced Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys truck litigation attorney today.