VT. Carbon Monoxide Wrongful Death/Personal Injury Lawsuit Settled
The Associated Press has announced the victims of carbon monoxide poisoning in Burlington, VT have settled out of court with the parties they named in their lawsuit.
Although not revealing the amount, the 23-year-old woman, who nearly died in the incident is said to be pleased with the settlement. The estate of her boyfriend, who died in the poisoning, also settled out of court.
In January 2005, carbon monoxide poisoning in the Redstone Apartments, which houses roughly 200 residents, killed one and sent nine others to the hospital. The investigation revealed a faulty boiler and a recalled pipe were to blame for the leak resulting in 40 times the normal level of carbon monoxide.
UVM students occupied most of the rooms of the apartment building, which did not have carbon monoxide detectors at the time of the incident.
Both families sued the building and maintenance companies of the Redstone Apartments and the installers of the heating boiler and pipe.
If you are injured or someone you love dies because of someone else’s actions, negligence, or reckless behavior, our experienced attorneys at Munley Law are here to help. For a free consultation regarding your situation, call us or contact us by using our online form.
Share this post: