If you or a loved one have been injured, contact an Allentown Pedestrian Accident Lawyer at Munley Law.
For over 55 years, pedestrian accident victims throughout the Lehigh Valley have put their trust in pedestrian accident lawyers at Munley Law. When you or someone you love suffers a serious injury from a pedestrian accident, your choice of an attorney matters. Our lawyers have achieved recognition as being among the Best Lawyers in America for their record of success and extensive experience.
Our award-winning team won’t rest until you and your loved ones get the justice you deserve. We understand your concerns and are ready to do whatever it takes to make sure you are properly compensated. Fill out our contact form or call (844)563-9077 to schedule a free consultation today.
Pedestrian Accident Statistics
At one time or another, everyone is a pedestrian. Urban areas such as Allentown, Easton and Bethlehem often have a much higher rate of pedestrian accidents compared to rural areas. In 2018, approximately 6,227 pedestrians were killed in accidents, the highest level since 1990. Furthermore, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that on average in 2016, a pedestrian was killed every 1.5 hours.
Although there was a 1.7% decrease in the number of pedestrians killed in traffic crashes in 2017, the number of pedestrian accidents across the Lehigh Valley have remained steady. Between 2011 and 2016, research shows that there were 1,459 pedestrian accidents across Lehigh and Northampton Counties. Data also reveals that 72.5% of the Lehigh Valley’s pedestrian accidents took place in Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton.
To combat this, Bethlehem has adopted a Vision Zero plan, which aims to eliminate road deaths and serious injuries by 2030. This initiative supports law enforcement crackdowns, education, improved signage and redesigning roadways. The city has also made an effort to trim trees, install crosswalk signs, and make signage more prominent. But many of the area’s busiest intersections and roadways have remained untouched, and so pedestrian accidents still remain high throughout the region.
When you hire Munley Law, we utilize top accident reconstructionists to build a winning case for you. We will send investigators to the scene of your accident to preserve evidence and examine the location.
Quick Pedestrian Safety Tips
Here are 10 easy pedestrian safety tips from the NHTSA to follow when you are walking from place to place.
- Be predictable. Follow the rules of the road and obey signs and signals.
- Walk on sidewalks whenever available.
- If there is no sidewalk available, walk facing and as far away from traffic as possible.
- Remain alert at all times. Don’t let electronic devices distract you.
- Whenever possible, cross streets at crosswalks or intersections, where drivers expect more foot traffic. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If a crosswalk or intersection is not available, locate a well-lit area where you have the best view of traffic. Wait for a gap in traffic that allows enough time to cross safely; continue watching for traffic as you cross.
- Never assume a driver sees you. Make eye contact with drivers as they approach to make sure you are seen.
- Be visible at all times. Wear bright clothing during the day and reflective materials, or carry a flashlight, at night.
- Watch for cars entering or exiting driveways or backing up in parking lots.
- Avoid alcohol and drugs when walking; they impair your abilities and judgment.
Contact our pedestrian accident lawyers at Munley Law today
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident, exercise your right to seek compensation for your medical expenses and other losses. Since 1959, pedestrian accident lawyers at Munley Law have represented accident victims across the Lehigh Valley.
You can schedule a free consultation today by calling (844)563-9077 or by filling out our online contact form. If you are unable to come to one of our office locations due to an injury, we can meet you wherever you are located.