If you were hurt in a car accident in Allentown, contact an Allentown car accident lawyer at Munley Law for a free case evaluation
A serious car crash can be life-altering. In addition to physical and emotional trauma, you may face mounting medical bills, time missed from work, and other unexpected costs. As the injured victim, you may be legally entitled to reimbursement for these expenses, but you will need an experienced Allentown car accident attorney on your side.
Since 1959, car accident victims in Allentown have put their trust in Munley Law. Our lawyers have consistently been ranked among the Best Lawyers in America. We have earned the highest possible client satisfaction and peer review ratings from Martindale Hubbell, the gold standard in the legal industry. When you or someone you love suffers a serious injury in a car crash, your choice of car accident attorney matters. At Munley Law, you can rest assured that your case is in the best possible hands.
To find out if you have a car accident case, fill out our contact form, chat live, or call (855) 866-5529 today. We will review the details of your situation at no charge. And, we do not collect a fee unless we win your case.
How an Allentown car wreck lawyer at Munley Law can help you
If I’ve been in a car crash, do I need a lawyer?
After a car accident, your own insurance may not cover all of the costs associated with your injuries. Along with your medical bills, you might require long-term care or therapy. You may be unable to perform your job the way you used to. An Allentown car accident law firm can help ensure that you receive fair and proper compensation for these losses. The at-fault party’s insurance may make a settlement offer. However, you’re unlikely to get everything you deserve without a lawyer to fight on your behalf.
With more than 55 years of experience handling these types of cases, we know exactly how complex and overwhelming they can be. We urge you to let us handle the phone calls, the paperwork, and the negotiating, so that you can heal from your injury in peace. We will never accept a settlement offer without your consent, and we will keep you informed each step of the way. If we cannot reach a fair settlement, we will fight for you at trial.
In order to have an auto accident claim in Allentown, you need to have suffered injuries, and those injuries need to have been caused by the negligence of another person or organization. In addition to aggressively fighting for the rights of car accident victims, Munley Law also represents victims of truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bus accidents and pedestrian accidents.
Never accept an offer of settlement from the insurance company without consulting with an Allentown car crash lawyer at Munley Law. The consultation is FREE.
Munley Law handles Allentown & Lehigh Valley car accidents
Car wrecks are on the rise nationwide. According to the National Safety Council, more than 40,000 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes in 2016 and an estimated 4.6 million people were injured in vehicle crashes.
If you were seriously injured in a car accident in Allentown, Easton, or Bethlehem, the Munley Law Firm accident attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation of your crash and explore all possible sources of recovery. We will hold all negligent parties accountable, and get you the just compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Lehigh County ranked in the top ten Pennsylvania counties with the most reported traffic crashes and the most traffic related deaths in 2015, according to PennDot.
As Pennsylvania’s third most highly populated city, after Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Allentown is one of the fastest growing areas in Pennsylvania. Because of the population and the number of businesses in the area, there is a very high traffic volume on area highways. The Lehigh Valley has four major highways, Interstate 78, U.S. Route 22, Pennsylvania Route 33 and Interstate 476. Other busy roads in the Allentown area include Pennsylvania Route 309, Interstate 78, MacArthur Road, Cedar Crest Boulevard, Lehigh Street and Tilghman Street. This heavy volume of car and truck traffic on Allentown interstates and other roads increases the chance of car accidents resulting in serious injuries.
Causes of car accidents in Allentown
Whatever the cause of your accident, Munley Law will perform a thorough investigation to ensure that you receive appropriate compensation from all responsible parties.
- Distracted Driving Accidents – Texting while driving has resulted in an increase in car accidents in PA and nationwide. Other forms of distracted driving include eating or drinking while driving, reaching for objects, changing music stations, operating or looking at a GPS or other electronic devices, and talking with other passengers in the vehicle.
- Speeding Accidents –Failing to follow posted speed limit signs is one of the most common causes of traffic accidents in Allentown and nationwide. The higher your speed, the greater the risk of a car crash. Speed reduces your ability to maintain control of the vehicle, as well as the time it takes the car to stop when braking in an emergency situation. Trucks traveling at a high rate of speed that collide with cars can cause devastating injuries to the driver and car occupants.
- Reckless Driving Accidents – Running red lights, tailgating, unsafe passing or lane changes, frequent lane changes, failure to signal, improper turns and wrong way driving can all lead to auto accidents in Allentown. Aggressive driving and aggressive tailgating have also become serious problems that leads to car crashes.
- Drunk Driving Accident – When a drunk or intoxicated driver causes a crash and injures another person, they should be held accountable for their blatant disregard for human life. In 2015, PennDot reported 10,558 alcohol-related crashes. On average, each day in Pennsylvania, 29 alcohol-related crashes occur. Lehigh county has one of the highest number of alcohol-related car accident deaths of any county in Pennsylvania. 45% of the total alcohol-related deaths in Pennsylvania occurred in only 9 of the state’s 67 counties and Lehigh County was among them.
- Driver Fatigue Accidents – Drowsy driving is a growing cause of car accidents. Sleep deprivation can impair your reaction time, judgment and vision as much as alcohol. Be sure to pull off the road into a safe spot and rest if you are feeling tired. You should always watch for these five warning signs of fatigue when driving, including:
- Trouble focusing, including daydreaming or wandering thoughts
- Yawning or rubbing your eyes when driving
- Drifting from your lane
- Missing signs or exits
- Feeling restless or irritable
- Recalled Vehicle Crashes & Defective Auto Parts – Defective auto parts can cause crashes resulting in serious injuries and fatalities. Many car accidents result from malfunctions or defects in the vehicle itself. Equipment failure or malfunction can cause something to go terribly wrong in a car, causing a tragic accident. Once an auto manufacturer knows of a problem, it is their obligation to alert consumers to the danger. If an auto company failed to provide and safe product, then they may be liable for injuries that were caused as a result of their auto defects. You need to contact an auto accident law firm.
- Dangerous Road Accidents – Defects in roadway design or maintenance can contribute to a pedestrian accident or car crash. Roadway defects include:
- Poorly maintained roadways
- Inadequate road and highway signage
- Dangerously designed intersections
- Construction hazards
- Malfunctioning traffic signals
- Lack of crosswalks
- Construction Site and Work Zone Accidents – In construction areas and work zones, drivers must take extra caution. According to PennDot, there were 1,935 work zone crashes in Pennsylvania in 2015. If you’ve been involved in a construction zone accident in Allentown, call the car crash lawyers at Munley Law today.
- Poor Weather Conditions – Inclement weather, including snow and ice on Allentown roads, can impair driving and cause accidents. Winters in the Lehigh Valley can be extreme, with heavy accumulation of ice and snow. Wintry conditions have led to many multi-vehicle chain reaction crashes on Allentown interstates and other highways. When trucks and cars are involved in high-speed collisions, serious injuries occur. In addition to winter driving dangers, rain and fog throughout the year can also cause poor visibility, slick roads, and other hazards on Allentown highways.
An Allentown auto accident lawyer will recover compensation for your car accident injuries
Nothing can prepare you for the pain and trauma of a car accident. Injuries suffered in a car wreck in Allentown can be debilitating and lead to long-term pain and suffering.In addition to the pain of immediate injuries, car accident victims often experience ongoing anxiety, mental anguish and fear of driving. A car accident can completely change a person’s lifestyle. With an experienced personal injury lawyer on your side, you can focus on your health and well-being, and we can focus on getting you the results you deserve. Some of the physical injuries associated with car accidents include:
- Head & neck injuries from car accident, including whiplash
- Traumatic brain injuries from auto accident
- Car accident back & spine injuries
- Internal injuries from an auto accident
- Car crash broken bones
- Lacerations from a car wreck
- Wrongful death from a fatal car crash
- Vehicle rollover crushing injuries
- Car explosion burns & scarring
Five ways to help prevent car accidents in Allentown
As a driver, there are things you can do to help prevent an auto wreck.
- Follow posted speed limit signs and other roadway signs.
- Pay attention to the road at all times – leave your phone off or out of reach
- Never drive impaired.
- Always wear your seat belt.
- Be sure your car is properly maintained and in good condition.
Contact an Allentown car accident attorney for a free consultation, today
After a car accident in Allentown, an insurance company may contact you to offer a settlement. We urge you not to sign anything without first consulting a car accident lawyer. An Allentown car accident lawyer at Munley Law will guide you through the legal process and make sure that you get the maximum compensation.
When you hire an Allentown car accident lawyer at our firm: No Fee Unless We Win
At Munley Law, we believe every client deserves just compensation for their injuries. We also believe that cost should never stand in the way of justice. Therefore, we operate on a contingent fee basis. This means that we do not get paid unless we win your case. We cover all of the costs, and you pay nothing out of your own pocket. If we cannot recover damages for you, you owe us nothing. That’s our no fee promise.
Chat live, fill out our contact form, or call (855) 866-5529 today for a free consultation with an Allentown car accident lawyer.