If you suffered an injury in a truck accident in Allentown, contact Munley Law for a free consultation with an Allentown truck accident lawyer
When a tractor-trailer collides with a passenger vehicle or another truck on a highway in Allentown, the results can be excruciating. If you’ve been seriously injured in a truck crash in Allentown, Bethlehem or anywhere in the Lehigh Valley, you need a truck accident lawyer to protect your rights and get you the justice you deserve. An Allentown truck wreck attorney at Munley Law will hold the responsible party accountable and recover compensation for you and your family.
Attorneys nationwide look to Munley Law as the industry experts in truck accident cases. Daniel Munley and Marion Munley have both chaired the American Association for Justice Trucking Litigation Group – Munley Law is the only firm in the United States to have two lawyers among the leaders of this elite group. We have achieved some of the largest settlements in the country for our truck accident clients. Let us help you on the road to recovery.
For a free consultation with an Allentown truck accident attorney, fill out our contact form, chat live, or call (855) 866-5529 today.
We only collect a fee if we win your case. You never pay anything out of pocket.
An Allentown truck crash lawyer at Munley Law will fight for you
An accident with a tractor trailer can upend your life. As the injured victim, you have the right to seek compensation for your suffering and the economic burden you now face. However, without an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side, you stand little chance of getting the compensation you need. The truck driver and trucking company at fault for your accident will have their own legal team working with their insurance company to offer the lowest settlement possible. They may even deny liability. This is where a highly skilled Allentown truck accident lawyer at Munley Law can make all the difference.
What sets us apart from other personal injury law firms is our special focus on commercial truck and tractor trailer accident litigation. While most personal injury lawyers handle car accidents, few have the knowledge, experience, or resources to take on these complex, heavily defended cases. Representing drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and injured truckers, the truck accident lawyers at Munley Law have spent decades building national reputation for our impressive settlements and trial victories. We will never settle for less than you deserve, and we will fight for you in court if the trucking company refuses to settle.
Our award-winning team can help you recover damages for your:
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy and long-term care
- Lost wages
- Diminished quality of life
- Lost future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering from tractor trailer accidents
We will handle all of the phone calls with the insurance company and all of the paperwork so that you can recover from your injuries without worry.
Allentown Truck Accident Lawsuits & Crash Statistics
Allentown and the Lehigh Valley comprise a major center for business and industry in the U.S. The Lehigh Valley is in the top 13% of areas in the entire country for manufacturing growth. With this growth in manufacturing and industry comes increased truck traffic to the Allentown area.
- According to the NHTSA, Lehigh County had the highest number truck accident fatalities of any county in Pennsylvania in 2015
- PennDot reported that Lehigh County was among the top six counties in Pennsylvania with the highest number of heavy truck crashes
- The NHTSA ranked Pennsylvania number five among all fifty states in the highest number of fatalities in motor vehicle crashes involving large trucks.
If you’ve been injured in a commercial trucking accident through the negligence of another person or company, you may be able to file a truck accident lawsuit. Your case may involve more than one responsible party. This may entitle you to compensation from several sources, including the insurance company covering a truck driver, the trucking company, a truck maintenance company, among others. Determining negligence is imperative in a tractor trailer crash case. The experienced personal injury lawyers at Munley Law have all of the necessary resources to perform a full and comprehensive investigation of your case, and determine who is liable for the injuries you sustained in an Allentown truck wreck.
Our attorneys handle all types of truck accidents in Allentown
Truck tire blowout crash – A tire blowout can cause a truck driver to lose control of a big rig on an Allentown interstate.
Rear-end truck accident – An 80,000 pound truck speeding down a Lehigh Valley highway takes quite some distance to come to a complete stop. When a tractor-trailer rear-ends a passenger vehicle, it can have devastating results.
Head-on truck crash – Reckless, distracted, or drowsy driving can cause a truck driver to veer across lanes of traffic and hit another vehicle head-on. A head-on truck collision can cause serious damage and devastating injuries to passenger vehicle occupants.
Jackknife accident – Tractor trailer jackknife accidents are common, and often result in a multi-vehicle pileup. A jackknife can occur when the driver brakes but the trailer cannot stop, so it swings around at a perpendicular angle and blocks lanes of traffic. This may result from unsafe speed, an overloaded trailer, or brake failure.
Rollover big rig accident -Excessive speed, sharp turns, steep inclines or declines, or striking an object can cause a truck to roll over. If the truck tips onto a passenger vehicle, the results can be fatal for vehicle occupants.
Underride truck accident – When a driver behind a large semi truck hits the rear or the side of a tractor trailer, the vehicle can become crushed beneath the trailer. This type of big rig accident can result in serious crushing injuries to the driver and occupants of the car that ended up underneath the truck.
Who is responsible for your Allentown tractor trailer wreck?
Establishing liability is key in a truck accident in Allentown. The Munley Law firm has the ability and resources to conduct a detailed investigation of the crash in order to determine who was at fault. We are prepared to move quickly to preserve critical evidence. When a tractor trailer wreck occurs due to negligence, potential defendants in a trucking case can include:
- Motor Carrier or Trucking Company
- Maintenance company or mechanic
- Commercial vehicle inspector
- Loading company or person who loaded the truck
- Insurance company
- Vehicle manufacturer or parts manufacturer
An Allentown truck accident law firm will identify and prove the cause of your accident
Negligence on the part of the trucker or trucking company not only puts the truck driver at risk on the job, but also threatens the safety of the traveling public. An Allentown truck accident lawyer at Munley Law will investigate the cause of your big rig accident and hold the negligent parties responsible.
- Aggressive driving truck crash – When driving an 80,000 lb vehicle, speeding, unsafe lane changes, tailgating, failure to check blind spots and other unsafe driving practices can all lead to a devastating truck wreck.
- Distracted driving tractor trailer accident – Talking on cell phones, texting or looking at mobile devices, eating or drinking, or taking your eyes of the road while driving for any reason is considered a distraction.
- Truck driver fatigue c – Federal regulations govern truck driver hours of service and rest rules in an effort to combat deadly wrecks caused by driver fatigue. Not all drivers or trucking companies follow these laws. If the truck driver and/or trucking company violated the federally required “hours of service” rules for truck drivers, they must be held accountable.
- Driving under the influence – The use of alcohol or other controlled substance by any commercial trucker is unacceptable.
- Inexperienced or improperly trained driver – Truck drivers must have a commercial drivers license (CDL) in order to operate commercial vehicles. The driver must have the required license as well as adequate training on the commercial vehicle. Some trucking companies may have negligent hiring practices or inadequate training programs, which can lead to truck crashes.
- Lack of proper truck inspections & maintenance – Trucking companies have a duty to perform regular maintenance and inspection of their vehicles to ensure that they remain in good working order. When the inspections are not performed properly, and a truck accident occurs, a trucking or maintenance company may be held liable.
- Overweight cargo or improperly secured cargo – Overloading a truck or not securing the cargo can have a huge impact on a driver’s ability to properly maneuver the truck. It can also put a strain on the vehicle itself, from tire blowouts to jackknife accidents.
- Failure to comply with federal trucking regulations & failure to keep detailed trucking logs – The driver must log his or her on-duty drive time and on-duty non-drive time to ensure compliance with the rules. Trucking companies are also required to keep various logs and follow all trucking regulations. When an accident occurs because of a violation, the truck driver or trucking company may be liable for your injuries.
We fight for victims of trucking company negligence
Whether you are a truck driver, a driver or passenger in a car or SUV, a pedestrian, or the family member of someone killed in a crash, we welcome your inquiries. We understand what a difficult time this is, and we will help in any way we can. During our initial consultation, we will answer any questions you may have, and explain your legal rights. Should you choose to let us represent you, we will get to work immediately. Our team of lawyers and compassionate staff will guide you through the legal process and keep you informed along the way.
Call for a free consultation with an experienced Allentown big rig accident lawyer
If you or a family member suffered a catastrophic injury in a commercial trucking accident, call Munley Law today for a free consultation. A top Allentown truck accident law firm will review the details of your case at no charge.
Chat live, fill out our contact form, or call (855) 866-5529 today.