Common Types of Car Accidents
The experienced car accident lawyers at Munley Law handle cases involving all types of car accidents. Whether it’s a rear-end collision, head-on crash, sideswipe, or other type of crash, we can build a case for your unique experience.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you’re not alone. Just last year, almost 300,000 Pennsylvanians crashed, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation‘s (PennDOT) annual Crash Facts and Statistics Report. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are more than 35,000 fatalities and hundreds of thousands of injuries each year caused by motor vehicle accidents.
When you or your loved one have been injured in a car accident, your choice of legal representation matters. The car accident attorneys at Munley Law have a long history of winning cases. Our lawyers have earned national recognition for their success, and have been named among the Best Lawyers in America (via Best Lawyers), Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, and the nation’s Best Law Firms (U.S. News and World Report).
Call Munley Law today, or use our online form, to schedule your free consultation.
Most Common Types of Cars Crashes
You will likely be involved in a car accident at least once in your lifetime. Car accidents can happen anywhere: on the highway, in a neighborhood, on the side of the road, or even in a parking lot. Here are some of the most common types of car crashes:
- Single-vehicle: When a car collides with something other than another vehicle. These types of car crashes are often caused by debris, animals, or other items that cause a vehicle to run off the road.
- Head-on: When two vehicles collide front end to front end, coming from opposite directions. Or, if a single car has crashed head-on into an object (like a telephone pole or other stationary part of the road), that is also a head-on collision. Due to the nature of these crashes, they are often fatal. It’s imperative drivers remain alert to all traffic signs and conditions to avoid head-on car accidents.
- Side-impact: When one vehicle hits another on its side. These are often called T-Bone crashes. Side-impact collisions happen most often when one car has gone through a traffic light, or lower impact crashes in parking lots.
- Rear-end: When one car hits another from behind. The severity of injuries sustained in a rear-end car crash depends on the speed and impact. Common causes of rear-end accidents include distracted and drowsy driving, following too close, bumper-to-bumper traffic, and weather conditions. According to PennDOT, almost 30% of car accidents in Pennsylvania last year were rear-end crashes.
- Rollover: When a vehicle flips over on its side or roof while in motion. These can be particularly dangerous, and are more likely to occur if you’re driving in an SUV or large truck. To avoid rollover accidents, the driver has to be especially alert when navigating curves or traveling during inclement weather.
- Sideswipe: When two vehicles crash on their sides. These most commonly occur when one vehicle attempts to change lanes without looking to their side or checking blind spots.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Just as car accidents can happen anywhere, their reasons can vary as well. It’s important when operating any kind of motor vehicle that you remain alert. You should never drive drowsy, drunk, or distracted. Always maintain speed and control, especially in severe weather conditions. The most common types of car accidents include:
- Distracted Driving
- Drowsy Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Speeding and Aggressive Driving
- Poor Weather Conditions such as ice or fog
When car accidents happen, the injuries can be catastrophic, but even seemingly minor injuries can disrupt an injured victim’s life and turn their world upside down. In addition to the physical pain and emotional distress you experience, you may also face unexpected costs or be unable to work.
Speak to an Expert Car Accident Attorney Today
Getting into a car accident can be a frightening and stressful experience, especially if you are injured. Several questions are probably running through your head at this time: How am I going to pay the medical bills? What if my car can’t be salvaged? Will the insurance company deny my claim? We are here to answer your questions.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a car crash, an experienced car accident lawyer at Munley Law is ready to fight for you today. Cost is no object when it comes to hiring a top Pennsylvania car wreck attorney at our firm because we do not collect a fee unless we recover financial compensation for you. Call today at (844) 792-2582 or use our online form to schedule your free consultation. Our list of most Frequently Asked Questions on car accidents may provide additional help and guidance.