What is Workers’ Compensation?
The Pennsylvania Workers Compensation Act mandates that almost all workers in PA are covered by workers’ compensation insurance.
When you are injured in a work-related incident in Pennsylvania, you may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits to cover:
- Lost wages. When you experience a work injury, you may be forced to miss time from work for recovery, physical therapy, hospitalization, and medical visits. Workers’ compensation insurance provides some financial relief for wages lost for missed time.
- Medical expenses. Workers’ compensation law also mandates that your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance company provide compensation payable for medical treatment directly related to your work injury.
However, if you are an injured worker in Hazleton, and you have suffered a permanently disfiguring, scarring injury or you have lost a limb or body function, you might be entitled to special financial compensation known as Specific Loss Benefits.
If you have lost a limb or organ in a work-related accident, you may have questions. Call the Hazleton workers’ compensation attorneys at Munley Law today. We have been fighting for PA workers for more than 60 years and we will fight for you to receive your maximum specific loss benefits.
Your consultation is free. We charge nothing until we win your case.
Disfigurement and Specific Loss Benefits
Workers’ compensation benefits, discussed above, are general insurance mandated by Pennsylvania law to provide financial relief to injured workers.
But when you have suffered a serious injury at work in Hazleton resulting in permanent disfigurement, scarring, or loss of the use of a limb or body part, you may be entitled to special compensation.
Specific loss also known as permanent loss benefits is a special compensation to provide financial relief when you have suffered an injury at work so severe that you have permanent damage such as:
- Permanent disfigurement of the face, head, or neck
- Loss of a limb including leg or arm
- Loss of another body part or organ such as a hand, finger, eye, or ear
- Loss of ability or function including vision loss or hearing loss
Munley Law knows workers’ compensation law. Our attorneys are nationally recognized for our record-setting awards for our clients, our decades of expertise, and our relentless work ethic when fighting for our Pennsylvania workers.
Call us today to reach our Hazleton office for your free consultation. Your case evaluation is free. We charge you nothing until we win your case.
Experienced representation from a nationally recognized Pennsylvania work injury lawyer
Our attorneys are listed as the Best Lawyers in America and have been rated by our peers as outstanding attorneys. Our lawyers are members of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor given to less than 1% of lawyers nationwide in recognition of our overwhelming success in receiving the highest settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Munley Law offers FREE, no-obligation case evaluations to all work injury victims. You can reach someone from our staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No matter how complicated or difficult your case may be, we will review the facts and explain what legal options are available to you. Chat live, email us, or call today.
Hazleton Practice Areas
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys
197 N Cedar St,
Hazleton, PA 18201