Fatal Commercial Truck Accidents in Philadelphia
Commercial trucks provide a necessary service and form an integral part of the national economy. But commercial trucks are also dangerous, especially when driven on the narrow streets of Philadelphia. If you’ve lost a loved one in an accident with a commercial vehicle, you may have a legal claim that can alleviate the financial burdens you and your family now must navigate.
For more than 60 years, the Philadelphia fatal truck accident attorneys at Munley Law have fought for families and individuals who have lost a family member because of someone else’s wrongful action. As just one example, in 2018, Marion Munley, Caroline Munley, and Robert Munley III reached an $8 million settlement in a wrongful death case involving a truck crash. Our experienced Philadelphia truck accident lawyers have successfully resolved many personal injury cases just like this one, including cases ranging from tragic car accidents to medical negligence and fatal workplace accidents.
Chat live, fill out our email form, or call today for a free consultation regarding whether you may have a wrongful death claim after a truck accident. There is no fee for our services, and you never pay anything out of pocket. We get paid out of what we recover for you.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
Why Should You Hire A Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer?
Why do you need a lawyer? The right truck accident attorney is always going to work to make sure your rights are protected in the wake of a commercial vehicle accident. No matter how big or small, truck accidents have consequences, and there will be many players involved. Your lawyer can focus on holding the wrongdoer accountable and getting you the financial relief you and your family need.
Here are just a few reasons you shouldn’t try to navigate the aftermath of a truck crash alone:
Commercial truck accidents are legally complex, given the number of players involved in the trucking industry.
While it may seem simple, the commercial trucking industry is incredibly complex. Fatal truck accident cases involve many players, and many times these players are going to react to an accident by trying to minimize their own financial exposure, especially when someone has died. You need a lawyer to make sure you’re not left holding the bill for the damages caused by someone else’s wrongdoing.
Passengers, the truck driver, the driver of any other vehicle involved, the trucking company, insurance companies, the company that maintains the truck, and the manufacturer of the various truck parts (just to name a few) all have a vested interest in the outcome of a legal claim following an accident. It’s hard to know which of these parties is responsible for the injuries you suffered. In fact, multiple parties could be held responsible. A lawyer can help you get to the bottom of it to make sure you are getting all the compensation you deserve.
Philadelphia truck accident lawyers can help resolve a dispute before it really starts
Of course, lawyers are familiar fighting truck accident cases in court. But, sometimes, the best option is to resolve a dispute well before a formal lawsuit. Whether you’re fighting with an insurance company, an individual party involved in the crash, or negligent trucking companies, getting a lawyer involved early can help get the case resolved faster. Sometimes, lawyers can do this just by being involved in negotiations. After all, people are sometimes more forthcoming if they know that you are armed and ready to take a dispute to court.
Lawyers can investigate your truck accident and gather evidence for your claim
Because of the complexity of truck accidents, especially accidents involving large commercial trucks like tractor-trailers, there can be a lot of ground to cover to prove your claim. Let an experienced truck accident attorney—who is used to dealing with powerful insurance companies and trucking companies after an accident—investigate what happened. For example:
- A lawyer can identify and interview witnesses. This can involve any number of people. For example, the truck driver, other drivers on the road, pedestrians, and other witnesses who physically saw what happened can have invaluable information. We can also figure out who maintained the truck or trucks involved. We’ll find witnesses with information, interview them, and preserve their testimony for use in court.
- We’ll also gather documents and other physical evidence. We can take pictures of the truck involved, the accident scene, and any damage caused. Furthermore, we can track down surveillance video and other camera footage of the accident; this can be used both when advocating against insurance companies and in court. Additionally, sometimes a truck accident is caused by faulty bus maintenance or a malfunction in the mechanics of the truck itself. These cases require us to track down maintenance records and other important reports. We know where to look and have experience tracking this evidence down for our clients.
- Furthermore, sometimes you will need an expert witness. This could be a medical expert who can testify to your injuries and how they will impact your life. It could also be an expert tasked with calculating the different ways the truck accident has cost you money. Furthermore, truck drivers and trucking companies are subject to numerous interlocking government regulations imposed by the City of Philadelphia, the State of Pennsylvania, and even the United States Government. There are experts that can explain these regulations and why any violation of them was unreasonable. These witnesses can be the difference between winning and losing a case. Munley Law has worked with experts across Pennsylvania, and the country, to support our clients. We know how to do it effectively and efficiently.
Philadelphia truck accident attorneys will represent you in court and in negotiations with other parties
You should never have to fight alone against the powerful entities (trucking companies and insurance companies, for example) who stand in your way after a truck accident. Sometimes, these parties will argue that your loved one was at fault, even when they weren’t. It’s one of the oldest tricks in the book. Furthermore, sometimes there are unique challenges to recovery, for example, a driver may not be able to pay all your damages himself. However, the trucking company, and their insurance, may be equally responsible and therefore must pay. Experienced Philadelphia truck accident attorneys know how to get you the compensation you deserve.
At Munley Law, we have experience working with, and against, many repeat players. We can make sure these powerful entities don’t overpower your interests in any negotiations. And, if it comes time to fight in court, Munley Law’s attorneys are nationally recognized for their skills in the courtroom. We’re ready to put them to work to get you the compensation you deserve.
Lawyers can help you estimate how much money you could recover and help you weigh your options
After a truck accident, you and your family will undoubtedly have questions, and it’s completely common to not know whether, and how, to seek compensation from the at-fault party. An experienced lawyer can help. At Munley Law, during a free consultation, we can help you estimate how much money you could be entitled to, and we can help present your options in plain English.
What Can I Recover After a Fatal Truck Accident?
As the spouse, child, parent, grandparent, or legal guardian of someone who died as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit. An experienced wrongful death attorney can help you receive compensation for:
- Medical and funeral costs
- Lost earnings and benefits of the deceased
- Loss of care and companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of security for those dependent on the deceased
- In cases involving gross negligence, punitive damages designed to punish the negligent party
While no amount of money will truly compensate for the loss of a loved one, the purpose of a wrongful death lawsuit is to recover damages to help relieve the financial burden placed on a family in the aftermath of an accident. Munley law works to secure your financial future so that you can grieve and begin to move forward with your family.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire An Experienced Philadelphia Truck Accident Lawyer?
The short answer is, at Munley Law, we understand that the financial burdens following a serious injury can be overwhelming, and that’s why you pay nothing out of pocket.
Our initial consultations are always free. You can speak to one of our lawyers at no cost and completely risk free; hearing your options won’t obligate you to do anything.
Furthermore, all our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we do not collect a fee unless we obtain a settlement or verdict for you. You pay nothing upfront, and we get paid directly out of any recovery, so you’ll never owe anything out of pocket.
If you think you may have a case, or if you have questions about filing a personal injury lawsuit, we will evaluate the details of your situation at no charge and let you know what legal options are available to you.
If you or someone you love suffered an injury, call an experienced personal injury lawyer at Munley Law or use our online form.
Philadelphia Practice Areas
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys
1617 John F Kennedy Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19103