Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Reading
Catastrophic injury lawyers to ensure that you get the compensation that you are entitled to.
If you are a victim of a catastrophic accident due to someone else’s negligence, the trauma from the accident can be overwhelming. The mental, physical, and financial stress can escalate quickly, and it is not the sort of thing that one prepares for. An experienced catastrophic injury attorney is key to ensuring that you get the compensation necessary to help you and your family move forward after a catastrophic injury. Munley Law’s Reading catastrophic injury lawyers know that the time after an accident is the most difficult for catastrophic injury victims and their families, and we are here to fight for you and to support you. We are confident about our representation and our success rate, and we are compassionate about how financially vulnerable our clients feel. Call our Reading Catastrophic Injury Attorney team today for a no strings attached free consultation.
What Are Catastrophic Injuries?
Catastrophic injuries affect your quality of life and are typically long-lasting, life-altering, permanent, and sometimes fatal. There are distinctive characteristics, including:
- A severe injury to the central nervous system, injuring the spine, spinal cord, or brain
- A major trauma from external forces to the human body; these traumas can pose long-term consequences.
- Injuries involving extensive care, developing, or redeveloping skills to live your life, and rehabilitative treatments; these injuries can be life-altering, and even fatal.
A catastrophic injury poses a series of hurdles for victims to overcome, and victims often endure long-term physical and emotional traumas and, in some instances, death.
What Are the Different Types of Catastrophic Injuries?
There were approximately 224,935 injury-related deaths in 2021! That is a 159% increase from the approximate 86,777 preventable injury-related deaths in 1992, according to the National Safety Council (www.forbes.com, C. Bieber, JD 2023). Injuries vary, including:
- Loss of a limb
- Loss of eyesight
- Loss of hearing
- Burns, scarring, or permanent disfigurement
- Acute sports injuries(such as broken bones, concussions and tears)
- Brain injuries
- Neurological damage
- Nerve damages
- Severe organ damage
What Are the Most Common Catastrophic Injuries that Reading Catastrophic Injury Lawyers Encounter?
The National Safety Council estimates that 78,810 people develop spinal cord injuries every year; these spinal cord injuries represent some of the most common catastrophic cases, due to vehicle traffic crashes, falls, and violence. Work and sport-related injuries have a high prevalence, as well.
What is the projected outcome for spinal cord catastrophic injuries?
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), people with spinal cord injuries are two to five times more likely to prematurely die than those who die without a spinal cord injury. Depending on the spinal injury, rehabilitative treatment, and depending on adapted quality of living, each case is different.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries in Reading
There have been many unfortunate and tragic catastrophic injuries in Reading, Pennsylvania; motor vehicle accidents and semi-tractor trailer accidents are the most common and can be fatal. Some of the most common catastrophic injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Semi-tractor trailer accidents
- Severe medical mistakes and medical malpractice
- Construction accidents
- Sports injuries
- Bicycle, motorcycle, or ATV/UTV accidents
- Falling from significant heights
- Defective drugs or medical equipment
When Should Catastrophic Injury Claims Be Filed?
In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations is two years. Although many might think this is a long time, the catastrophic injury case will need to be investigated thoroughly. This can take longer than you may think and with evidence disappearing quickly, the sooner you file a catastrophic injury lawsuit, the better your case will be.
How Is Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries Calculated?
Compensation for losses due to an injury is calculated by economic, non-economic, and possibly punitive damages.
- Economic damages — After a catastrophic injury, you will be unable to work for some time, if ever. Any bills that include medical care, medical future treatments, records, and receipts — all can be itemized with a monetary value for compensation. You can recover compensation for lost wages resulting from time missed from work, as well as compensation for lost earning capacity going forward.
- Non-economical damages — The emotional pain and suffering you and your family endure during this extremely volatile time can be immense. This could include anxiety, depression, or even PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder); the victims’ quality of life is impacted and new ways of managing their lives must be established. Non-economic damages attempt to recover compensation for the diminished quality of life and pain management the victim is left to endure.
- Punitive damages are also sometimes sought out, although rarely. Punitive damages are demanded to punish the offender for knowingly or ignorantly imposing a negligent action, causing harm to someone’s well-being. To receive maximum compensation, you’ll need the representation of a serious catastrophic injury lawyer like Munley Law’s Catastrophic Injury Team, with a strong track record.
How do I file my Reading catastrophic injury claim?
A catastrophic injury claim is unique because of the broad scope of damages the accident victim is entitled to recover because of the defendant’s negligence. A catastrophic injury victim usually cannot return to work in the near future, if ever. If victims can work after their recovery, they often cannot perform at the same level.
The process involves filing the complaint and then awaiting the defendant’s response. This may be followed up with a pre-trial phase where evidence may be shared between parties and finally, a settlement or trial.
- Victims can file a claim; be certain to consult with a knowledgeable catastrophic injury lawyer before accepting a settlement. There is much to consider, including future extensive care and quality of life costs.
- Be certain that you have considered all defendants.
- Be prepared to renegotiate or reject the claim; a lawsuit may be necessary.
Hiring a personal injury attorney experienced in catastrophic injury will serve you best. Munley has the resources and the experience to know when to push and when to change tactics to get you the compensation that you deserve. They are skilled negotiators with insurance claim adjusters and know when you are being offered less than what you deserve. With a reputable attorney, your case may not have to go to trial.
How Can a Reading Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Help Me?
Munley Law’s Catastrophic Injury Team can help to steer your case and take the burden of all the details and deadlines, as you need this time for care, healing, and to be with your loved ones. A catastrophic lawyer can help to manage what you will need for your claim and will ensure that there are no errors in submissions, slowing down your resolve.
Tasks that catastrophic injury lawyers help to manage to ensure your compensation
- Discover who is at fault for your injury
- Discovery and collecting evidence — Eyewitness testimonies, evidence from the scene of the injury (if applicable), expert witness testimonies, medical records, receipts, and bills.
- Determining if there are multiple defendants
- Determining your claim worth — Medical cost, lost wages, physical therapy, nursing aids, home care, personal assistants, mental therapy, pain, and suffering, assisted devices, and environmental adjustments due to physical limitations
- Negotiating with insurance adjusters
Fighting by your side and representing you in court, should a lawsuit go to trial, to ensure that you get the compensation that you are entitled to.
What Makes Munley Law’s Catastrophic Injury Lawyers My Best Choice for Representation?
Munley Law’s catastrophic injury attorneys are used to dealing with insurance companies and other companies that are frequently involved in litigation. We know who to talk to, and more importantly, how to talk to them. We can present your claim directly and efficiently, using the language of the insurance policy or the law, to help convince the party responsible for paying you what you’re owed. We strive to resolve your case as quickly and smoothly as possible. If negotiation efforts have reached an impasse and a lawsuit is at stake, you have the best representation by your side.
Catastrophic injury lawyers with the reputation and success record to get the job done
Catastrophic injury lawyers with the reputation and success record to get the job done
For more than 60 years, the catastrophic injury lawyers at Munley Law have built a reputation as national leaders in personal injury law in Reading, throughout Pennsylvania, and even throughout the United States.
- All partners are board certified by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and are consistently named Best Lawyers of America.
- We have been named among the Best Law Firms in America by U.S. News and World Report, and each of our attorneys has earned the title of Pennsylvania “Super Lawyer.”
- All our attorneys belong to the Million Dollar or Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forums and have earned Preeminent AV ratings from Martindale-Hubbell.
At Munley Law, we only collect a fee if we win, and that fee comes from the amount of money that we recover for you. Contacting us is completely free and will not obligate you to do anything. We’re here to give you your options, and let you decide how to proceed. If you decide to go forward with a claim for your catastrophic injury, you pay nothing upfront, and you never pay anything out of pocket.
The aftermath of a catastrophic injury is devastating; make this time be about healing, being with family, and getting a catastrophic lawyer who can fend for you every step of the way. Contact us; we are here for you and to get you and your family to get you the compensation you rightly deserve.
orlando catastrophic sexual abuse attorney orlando vehicle accident county personal county personal accident accident accident accident accident accident personal personal personal personal personal personal personal personal personal injury personal injury personal injury personal injury personal injury personal injury personal injury personal injury accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents accidents philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia orlando orlando associates accident associates accident county county county county county county county county county county county county county county county county county dog dog dog dog dog dog medical medical auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto auto auto auto auto auto auto car car car car car car recommend recommend case case case case lawsuit lawsuit abuse abuse abuse abuse abuse abuse firm firm firm firm firm firm firm firm attorney attorney attorney attorney insurance child child lawsuits lawsuits lawsuits associates associates motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents llc llc