Help for Medical Malpractice Victims in Stroudsburg
When you visit your doctor or medical specialist, you trust that they have your best interest in mind. And, you absolutely should. We entrust the most sensitive aspects of our lives in our doctor’s hands, and when the healthcare professional in charge does not commit to the highest standards of care, a patient can suffer greatly. Despite our continued trust in medical professionals, there is a staggering number of patients who fall victim to malpractice every year. That’s why the Stroudsburg medical malpractice attorneys of Munley Law have dedicated their careers to helping people who are the victims of medical errors and mistakes in treatment by medical professionals. We have the experience you need on your side to help secure the compensation you deserve if you have been hurt by the negligent actions of a doctor or other medical professional. Contact us at (570) 338-4494 to discuss the details of your case today.
According to Pennsylvania malpractice law, “medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or other healthcare professional commits medical negligence, and medical negligence occurs when the healthcare professional deviates from the standards of care for the patient.” The definition is vague when it comes to the details of your case, but this can be a good thing when it comes to the term serving as an umbrella for victims of this type of suffering. Knowing what medical malpractice means is just the beginning of determining if your experience with a healthcare professional qualifies as malpractice.
What happens when your doctor makes a mistake that results in your suffering? As humans, we are all prone to errors, but medical professionals have a responsibility to maintain the highest standards every day when caring for sick or injured patients. The pain caused by another’s carelessness, or outright negligence is unacceptable, and you don’t deserve to have to go through that alone. In a society that is largely dependent on prescription medication to ease suffering or rehabilitate after an injury, it is not uncommon to find that many are misdiagnosed or mistreated resulting in illness, injuries, or at times, death. Don’t wait until it is too late to file a claim if you have been hurt by the actions of your doctor. Contact Munley Law to protect yourself and your loved ones and get the justice you deserve. Call us at (570) 338-4494, fill out our online contact form, or chat with us live today.
Do I need a Medical Malpractice attorney?
Medical malpractice claims can be challenging to confirm. Our familiarity with the unique and complex aspects of medical malpractice qualify us to handle a wide variety of cases for our clients. We have more than 55 years of experience practicing law in Pennsylvania, as well as in New York and New Jersey.
Due to the time limits placed on patients, now seven years post-incident, it is important for injured parties to seek a lawyer’s help quickly after the injury occurs. Also, by being vigilant with your claim and contacting our medical malpractice lawyers at Munley Law, malpractice law will not seem as daunting and complicated as a process. Obtaining representation post-medical incident will protect you from the direct harshness that comes from a fight between the patient and the negligent party and will also ensure you have a qualified professional debating on your half to retrieve the compensation you deserve.
Why choose Munley Law to handle my case?
We seek to uphold the highest professional standards at Munley Law and are proud of the fact that each one of our practicing attorneys has at least 10-20 years working in personal injury law. We have notably won millions for our injured clients over the five decades we have been serving our area. With our resources and experience, we are fearless when it comes to taking on medical moguls and big companies. Our confidence is rooted in our beliefs that no one should ever enter a hospital or doctor’s office questioning if their life is in danger at the hands of the professional caring for them.
Our entire team will work to answer all of your questions and keep you posted throughout the legal process. The familiar faces at Munley Law will stand behind you in this long road ahead, and we feel confident that you will be satisfied with our services once all is said and done.
If you’re unable to come into our offices due to an injury, we will happily come to you. Call us today at (570) 338-4494 for a free consultation, and let us fight for the justice you deserve.
Types of medical malpractice cases we handle
The attorneys at Munley Law are experienced in a wide variety of personal injury cases. We handle car accidents, truck accidents, workers’ compensation, product liability, premises liability, and medical malpractice cases. Our range of experience is unprecedented, and we will use all of our working knowledge and resources to win your case. We have decades of experience helping people just like you who have been hurt by the reckless or negligent actions of their doctor, including:
- Dangerous conditions – We have helped patients who have been hurt due to hazardous conditions in a healthcare facility. This includes hospitals and outpatient clinics, as well as nursing home facilities.
- Hospital infections – Infections can cause severe and lasting health problems for patients, especially if medical instruments are not properly cleaned before use.
- Medication problems – If a medication is not administered correctly, or if it is prescribed in the wrong dose, the results may cause severe illness or even death. Medical professionals also must be aware of dangerous combinations of drugs that could potentially harm their patients.
- Birth Injuries – If a doctor fails to properly manage a pregnancy or makes an error during delivery, they may be held liable for injuries to the baby and the mother.
- Failure to treat – If you have a medical condition that requires immediate treatment and your doctor delays or fails to administer treatment, they may be responsible for additional injury, pain, or suffering that you endure.
- Misdiagnosis – Doctors have a responsibility to diagnose illness and injuries correctly. Otherwise, the issues can worsen over time. Early diagnosis can help a patient avoid more serious health problems, and this is especially true for severe diseases like cancer.
- Medical record errors – Patients rely on their doctors to keep their medical records accurate and up-to-date. Failure to do so may result in a serious problem later on.
Our certified trial attorneys are fearless in the courtroom for you, and we will not back down in the face of major healthcare providers or their insurance companies. If you’ve been hurt due to medical malpractice in the Stroudsburg area, chat live on our website, email us, or call (570) 338-4494 for a free consultation right away.
Medical Malpractice FAQs
At Munley Law, we firmly believe in keeping our clients informed of their rights and legal options at all times. We know that you likely have questions about your case, so read our FAQs below, or contact us directly at (570) 338-4494 to discuss specific questions you may have.
Do I need an expert to testify in my case?
Victims must provide a known medical expert with experience and practice in the same field or discipline as the negligent party. This medical expert must show that the medical provider did breach the accepted standard of care established by Pennsylvania medical malpractice law. Our team will help obtain a medical expert who will be a key asset in your case.
Is there a statutory cap on damages in the state of Pennsylvania?
Statutory caps have been implemented by certain states, but fortunately, in Pennsylvania, there isn’t a cap on compensatory damages. You are likely wondering how much your claim may be worth. By contacting an experienced medical malpractice attorney, you can have your case evaluated by a professional who will review your medical records, bills that have accrued, and the details of your claim. Only then will you have an accurate assessment of what your case may truly be worth.
What are some examples of medical malpractice?
Medical malpractice comes in many forms. Here are just a few that we find our clients most commonly experience:
- Unsafe conditions in healthcare facilities, commonly found in places like nursing homes
- Unsanitized instruments resulting in infections
- Mistakenly administered medicines/incorrect dosages/volatile drug combinations
- Carelessness when monitoring a pregnancy and/or mistakes during delivery
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Medical record mistakes resulting in lack of awareness of previous conditions
Medical Malpractice Statistics
The statistics surrounding medical malpractice are jarring to say the least. We would like to think that we are under the highest standards of care in the U.S., but when we take a look at the numbers, we find that more suffer from malpractice that one would typically expect.
- According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), medical negligence is the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
- According to PACourts.US, 1,541 medical malpractice cases were filed in 2016 in Pennsylvania.
- It is estimated that there are 1,920 to 4,277 hospital deaths in Pennsylvania each year due to preventable medical errors, according to the Institute of Medicine findings.
Call a Stroudsburg Medical Malpractice Lawyer Today
The unexpected turn of events after being the victim of medical malpractice is an arduous battle to fight alone. You may experience extended illness, lifelong disabilities, or the death of a loved one. The unfairness, isolation, and feeling of insignificance can be daunting factors post-injury; however, there is not one medical malpractice case that should go unnoticed or fought for. When you fall victim to this type of negligence, you do deserve fair compensation, and our experienced team is here to help.
Our medical lawyers have victoriously represented those who have suffered injury from someone else’s carelessness or negligence. We understand the intricacy of medical malpractice laws and the challenges of proving a case in your favor, particularly when you have sustained injuries due to the malpractice.
We pride ourselves on the work we do. Each one of our skilled attorneys contribute to every case that is brought through our front doors so that our clients are receiving the utmost care and attention after suffering from a medical professional’s negligence. If you are the victim of medical malpractice or are simply seeking more information to determine who may be at fault for your suffering, don’t hesitate to reach out to us today. Use our quick and simple online form to reach out with your questions or call today at (570) 338-4494. We offer a free consultation, and you don’t owe us anything until we win your case.