Experienced Allentown Rideshare Accident Lawyer
With an increase in Uber and Lyft rides also comes an increase in rideshare accidents in Allentown. These cases can be complicated and hard to navigate without an experienced Allentown rideshare accident lawyer by your side. The first step is determining who is at-fault; with the driver, the rideshare company, and any other parties in the accident, this personal injury process can be lengthy and difficult. Ensure you’re compensated for your injuries, by hiring an expert car accident rideshare attorney in Allentown.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) researches recently determined that “Uber and Lyft are behind a sharp rise in US traffic deaths.” An experienced Allentown Lyft or Uber rideshare lawyer will assist you in building your case to guarantee you get the compensation you deserve.
What to do after an Allentown Uber or Lyft Accident
If you have been in an auto accident as a passenger in an Uber or Lyft, there are some important steps to follow and then relate to the accident attorney. You will want to stay on the scene until authorities and help shows up to ensure you are not injured. Do not leave the scene. Make sure to:
- Call 911. Even if you don’t appear to be seriously hurt, call the police to ensure the accident is properly reported.
- Take as many photos as you can. With smartphones, it’s easier than ever to document an accident scene. These photos can greatly help your case if you have been injured.
- Get the drivers’ info. It’s likely the app will have some info, but you will want to get as much information about your driver as possible. This includes full name and insurance. If there is another driver involved, collect their information as well.
- Document your ride. Make sure you have screenshots of the ride from your rideshare app.
- Seek medical attention. If you are injured, seek medical attention, or make sure you tell the authorities that you would like medical attention. Sometimes you don’t immediately feel the impacts of an injury because of adrenaline in the system. It’s better safe than sorry. Document any medical attention you receive and bills you owe.
- Call an experienced Allentown rideshare accident lawyer to represent you. The accident attorneys will help you build your case, using the documents mentioned above. Ensure you get the compensation you deserve.
Fault in Allentown Uber Lyft Car Accidents
If you’re in a rideshare accident, determining fault is not as easy as a straightforward car accident. While companies like Uber and Lyft usually have $1 million in liability insurance, this rideshare accident coverage doesn’t always apply. Details like circumstance, injuries, and who is involved can greatly impact fault. Which is why you need accident lawyers to represent you.
Even if you sustain injuries in an Allentown rideshare accident, the large companies will often still fight the personal injury claim and deny liability. This is true even if it has been determined that the driver was on-duty and is at-fault.
For these reasons, it’s imperative you have an Allentown Uber or Lyft accident lawyer on your side. Munley Law has been helping Allentown rideshare accident victims for more than 60 years.
Top reasons for Allentown Rideshare Accidents
The big rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft have standards their drivers must meet, including background checks, age and car requirements, and more. But a clean driving history doesn’t help you avoid dangerous accident risks on the road. The accident lawyers at our law firm have a lot of experience with such cases.
The top reasons Allentown rideshare accidents happen include:
- Driving while drowsy. Whether driving long hours or working multiple jobs, Allentown Uber and Lyft drivers are very prone to driver fatigue. Driving drowsy can impact alertness and reaction time as much as driving while under the influence of alcohol can. If your driver was under the influence, make sure to mention it to the police and to the accident lawyers that you hire.
- Driving while distracted. The nature of driving for a rideshare app means you’re often on your phone. From arranging passenger pick-up/drop-offs to looking at directions, many rideshare drivers are prone to distracted driving.
- Driving under pressure. Many rideshare drivers can feel under pressure when they are on duty. Scenarios like being late to pick up or drop off a passenger can cause a driver to speed, often on unfamiliar roads.
- Driving in bad weather. Snow or rain can be very hard for some drivers to navigate, especially if they are in areas they’ve never driven before. Couple that with the safety precautions already present during inclement weather, and it could lead to disaster.
- Driving without experience. While these rideshare apps have minimum age requirements, newer drivers can still get behind the wheel. All the distractions mentioned above can be even more dangerous.
Accident attorneys will need to know what happened to the driver before the accident for the injury claim, so pay attention to their status from time to time.
Allentown Rideshare Standards & Requirements for Uber Drivers
Around the U.S., including Allentown, Uber and Lyft require their rideshare drivers meet certain standards. If you suspect that they don’t in a crash, the accident attorneys will need to know that. While it’s important to maintain these standards, these alone cannot prevent rideshare accidents in Allentown.
These requirements include:
- AGE: Drivers for Lyft must be 21 years old. Drivers for Uber must meet age requirements for the city in which they work.
- LICENSE: Of course these drivers must have a valid drivers license.
- EXPERIENCE: All Allentown rideshare drivers must have at least one year of driving experience (or three years for Uber if younger than 23)
- DOCUMENTS: Rideshare drivers must give proof of insurance, vehicle registration, and valid inspection
- SAFETY: These drivers must pass a background check and safety screening
These drivers must also be operating vehicles that need to meet certain standards, including four-doors and less than 10-15 years old. Make sure to let your accident lawyers know if that was not the case with the car you have been using.
Allentown Uber accident lawyers at Munley Law
If you are injured in an accident during a Uber or Lyft trip, you need an experienced car accident lawyer. The experienced accident lawyers at Munley Law have been helping car accident and rideshare accident victims in Allentown for more than 60 years. We will fight the large rideshare insurance companies to ensure you are compensated for pain, suffering, and injuries sustained.
Call us today for a free consultation. An experienced rideshare accident lawyer from our law firm will review the details of your case and answer any questions you may have.