What you need to know to get the compensation you deserve for your bus accident
We share our roads with commercial and municipal buses every day. When an unfortunate bus accident occurs, victims are left to manage injuries, physical damages, psychological damages, lifestyle adjustments, financial losses, and, in the worst-case scenarios, death. You want to seek the compensation that you need and are entitled to; keep in mind that bus companies have large teams ready to manage their defense and great sources of financial backing to do so. This can be extremely intimidating if you do not have the help of an attorney who is experienced in dealing with these large bus company entities and their counterparts.
If you or someone you love was hurt or killed in a bus accident, our Reading bus accident lawyers can help you recover the compensation you need to rebuild your life. We represent bus passengers as well as drivers of other vehicles, pedestrians, or bicyclists who were hit by a bus. The consultation is free, and there’s no charge for our services unless we win your case.
$32 Million Wrongful Death
$26 Million Truck Accident
$17.5 Million Car Accident
$12 Million Product Liability
$9 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$8 Million Truck Accident
$7.5 Million Auto Accident
$6.9 Million Garbage Truck Accident
$6.5 Million Traumatic Brain Injury
$5 Million Medical Malpractice
$5 Million Bus Accidents
How Much Compensation Will I Get For a Bus Accident in Reading?
Your compensation varies, depending on economic and non-economic damages, and depending on the violation at hand. All these factors interplay, and an experienced bus injury attorney will know how to determine what you should ask for to get what you deserve. Your Reading Bus Accident Lawyer at Munley Personal Injury Attorneys will conduct discovery and an investigation of the accident, collecting your medical documents, an accident report, and testimonies from witnesses.
What are the differences between economic and non-economic damages?
- Economic damages cover financial costs that accrued after the accident. This includes but is not limited to, current and future medical expenses, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, and funeral costs. Your bus accident lawyer at Reading Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys will consult with medical experts and other professionals to determine the full extent of your losses.
- Non-economic damages assist you and your family with damages such as the pain and suffering you experienced because of the accident, as well as mental anguish, loss of companionship, and altered quality of life. It can be difficult to imagine attaching a monetary value to emotional pain and suffering, but the ability to do that is something our personal injury lawyers can offer. No aspect of your suffering should go without compensation.
In rare cases, punitive damages may be awarded if the defendant’s actions were fraudulent, reckless, or malicious. These types of damages are meant to punish the defendant to prevent this behavior from happening again.
How Can a Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Make a Difference in My Case?
Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys has handled many bus accident claims throughout Pennsylvania, and has fought on behalf of many victims of bus accidents. There are different considerations depending on the type of bus that has been involved in the accident, and depending on how many possible violators are responsible. For example, if you wish to pursue a case against a government agency, you must give written notice within six months of the bus accident injury. There may be multiple parties at fault, too.
An experienced bus accident lawyer at Reading Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys can review your case and advise you about the best course of action.
What Can Cause a Bus Accident?
Negligence is a major cause of large bus accidents, such as:
- Driver fatigue — Tired drivers from long shifts, and inadequate or no breaks
- Distracted driving – Texting, talking, adjustments with the radio or temperature controls, rubbernecking
- Bus driver error — Errors may happen due to fatigue and improper or rushed training
- Aggressive driving or speeding — Also regarded as reckless driving, breaking
- Intoxicated driving
- Bus mechanical failure — Improperly maintained or inspected vehicles
- Hazardous road conditions — Inclement weather, poorly treated roads, or drivers not taking the proper preventive measures and modifications
Bus accidents can cause severe injuries to everyone involved. Some common injuries found in a bus accident in Reading include:
- Skin lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
What Are the Laws Bus Drivers Must Follow?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) emphasizes the normal protocol that drivers must be reminded of to ensure the welfare of its occupants:
- Yellow Flashing lights — Bus is preparing to stop or to load/unload children. Slow down and prepare to stop.
- Red flashing lights and extended stop arms — You must stop your car; children are getting on or off the bus. Wait until the bus retracted the extended arm, stops flashing its red lights, and begins to move before your vehicle moves again.
What Should I Do After Getting Into a Bus Accident?
Getting medical care and collecting the evidence you can are the major objectives at the bus accident scene. While doing so, be sure not to make statements, as your statements may be manipulated to be used against your attempt to seek compensation.
- Receive immediate medical attention. Even if you think you do not need it, you must be seen by a medical professional in case there is internal bleeding or something that should surface later, and to document that you were evaluated.
- Document what you can. Take photos of the scene and your injuries, and collect names and numbers of witnesses
- Do not make statements about your injuries or the accident. Only share your name and identifying information
- Contact a bus accident lawyer.
Few personal injury law firms have the experience and knowledge needed to handle commercial vehicle accident cases; this is why it’s important to choose carefully. Commercial bus companies have teams that are well-versed in managing bus accident settlements, and they look to resolve cases quickly, with minimal payouts. Also, multiple parties may be responsible: the driver and the commercial line owner. Fortunately, Munley Law is one of the few law firms that understand commercial bus accidents and have the experience needed to take on these types of cases.
Contact Our Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Today
When you work with a Reading bus lawyer at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys, you can be sure you’re working with the best bus accident lawyer in the region. With millions of dollars recovered in bus accidents alone, the Reading bus accident lawyers at Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys have the skills and resources to go up against well-established bus companies such as Amtrak Thruway Motorcoach, Martz Trailways, MegaBus, Coach USA, Concord Coach Lines, Greyhound, Bolt Bus, and Peter Pan Bus Line. If you have been involved in an accident with any of these or any other bus company, call us. Choose the best bus accident lawyers available: Reading Munley Law Personal Injury Attorneys. Work with an experienced bus accident attorney who you can trust.
accident reading accident lawyers accident lawyers accident lawyers accident lawyers accident lawyers accident lawyers accident lawyers accident lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers lawyers buses buses buses bus crash bus crash attorney attorney attorney attorney attorney bus accident lawyers bus accident lawyers transit read bus accident attorneys reading bus accident attorney buffalo bus road accident held responsible bus transportation boston bus accident lawyers reading accident lawyers reading accident lawyers reading lawyers reading lawyers reading lawyers reading greyhound bus greyhound bus greyhound bus greyhound bus boston boston greyhound bus accident greyhound bus accident car accident lawyers reading car accident lawyers reading car accident lawyers reading philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia philadelphia car accident lawyers car accident lawyers car accident lawyers car accident lawyers accident guide accident guide sexual sexual sexual sexual sexual abuse sexual abuse sexual abuse sexual abuse county county county county county county county county county county county county county county county county county greyhound greyhound greyhound greyhound greyhound injuries injuries injuries case case case case case case auto auto auto auto auto auto auto auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents auto accidents guide guide guide pedestrian accidents pedestrian accidents pedestrian accidents pedestrian accidents fall fall fall fall fall car accident car accident motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents motorcycle accidents abuse abuse abuse abuse abuse responsible responsible car car car car car car berks county berks county berks county berks county berks berks berks berks buffalo buffalo slip slip slip slip allentown insurance insurance insurance insurance insurance fault fault fault resources types office office office locations locations locations school school school school
Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer Reading Bus Accident Lawyer