Truck Accident Lawyer
Were you injured in a truck accident? Contact us now for a free consultation.Contact For A FREE Consultation!
Truck accident lawyers at Munley Law achieved the 2nd largest settlement in Pennsylvania – the 25th largest in the United States – on behalf of one of their trucking clients in 2015.
Munley Law is among the top-tier truck accident law firms in the United States. We have spent more than five decades working to establish a reputation for excellence and a record of success litigating complex truck accident cases. Our truck accident lawyers have received national recognition for their expertise, and are proud members of the Best Lawyers in America (via the legal guide Best Lawyers), Best Law Firms (via U.S. News and World Report), Super Lawyers (via Pennsylvania Magazine), and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
If you or someone you love have suffered a serious injury in a truck accident, your choice of attorney matters. These cases tend to be complicated and heavily defended, and should only be handled by a lawyer with extensive experience in trucking law. With more than 55 years of experience and a special focus in truck accident cases, the attorneys at Munley Law are uniquely qualified to get you and your family the justice you deserve.
We represent clients from Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Connecticut, Ohio, and nationally. If you are injured and cannot come to our office, we will travel to meet with you wherever you are located.
Contact Munley Law for a free consultation by calling toll-free at (855) 866-5529 or email us today.
Do I Need a Truck Accident Lawyer?
After a truck accident, you should contact a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. The physical, emotional, and financial toll of a crash with a large truck or tractor trailer can be overwhelming. In order to receive due compensation for your treatment and suffering, you will need to prove that the truck driver or truck company was responsible. This is where it is vital that you have an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side. If you think you may have a case, contact us to arrange a free consultation. We will answer your questions at no charge, and help you determine where to go from here.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer at Munley Law Can Help You
As the victim of a truck accident, you may be legally entitled to compensation for your medical treatment, lost wages, lost earning power, and the considerable pain and suffering you have endured. But, you are unlikely to receive the compensation you are owed without the help of a skilled truck accident lawyer. The legal process is something you should never have to face alone. Our attorneys and our entire staff will work tirelessly to ensure that the negligent parties are held accountable and that you get the justice you deserve.
Truck accident cases involve thorough investigation, and time is of the essence. Crucial evidence can quickly be damaged, lost, or even destroyed, so it is important that you consult a truck accident lawyer as soon as possible. We will get to work immediately in order to get photographs of the accident scene and obtain police reports, witness statements, electronic logs, and motor carrier records.
Truck Accident Witnesses and Experts
Often, witness testimony and expert opinions will be necessary to proving your case. The truck accident lawyers at Munley Law have an established reputation in the industry, and regularly work with experts in the fields of engineering, accident reconstruction, economics, and medicine to build a wining case for our clients. We will employ all of our resources on your behalf.
Experienced Tractor Trailer and Truck Accident Lawyers
When it comes to dealing with trucking companies, experience counts. Truck accidents are different from car crashes, and a different set of rules apply. Truck drivers and transportation companies must comply with federal and state regulations designed specifically for the trucking industry. These regulations include hours of service rules, licensing (CDL) requirements, maintenance and inspections, loading procedures, and more. Our attorneys are deeply familiar with these laws and will be sure to determine if a violation contributed to your accident.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Top Truck Accident Lawyer?
At Munley Law, we work on a contingent fee bais. That means that the attorney only collects a fee (a portion of the settlement) if he or she wins your case. You don’t pay anything up front or out of your own pocket. This makes it possible for anyone to hire the best possible legal representation.
Nothing is more devastating than getting into an accident with a tractor trailer. Your injuries may be life-threatening, and medical costs can amount to tens of thousands of dollars or more. We are here to help. If you’ve been injured in a truck accident, then don’t wait much longer.
Contact Munley Law for a free consultation by calling toll-free at (855) 866-5529 or email us today.
Our results speak for themselves. To see our list of our truck accident settlements and verdicts, click here.
Lawyers Nationwide Look to Munley Law as Truck Accident Experts
Our truck accident lawyers are universally recognized as the best in the industry. When it comes to truck accident cases, other attorneys look to us as the industry experts. Dan Munley and Marion Munley are frequently invited to speak at conferences and educational programs nationwide to share their expertise with other truck accident attorneys. Below is a list of recent conferences and symposiums where our lawyers have presented:
- “Spoliation and Preservation of Evidence,” Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys 2016 Annual Symposium, September 28, 2016.
- “Successfully Handling and Litigating the Commercial Truck Case,” Minnesota Association for Justice, May 19, 2016.
- “Trucking Rules of the Road: Essential FMCSA Regulations and the CDL Manual,” New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar, Atlantic City, NJ, April 7, 2016.
- “Major Highway Crash Investigation and the Preservation of Evidence,” Hell on the Highways Seminar, Florida Association for Justice, St. Augustine, FL, December 3, 2015.
- Advocacy360 Conference, “How to Win Trucking Cases.” Las Vegas, NV, November 2, 2015
- American Association for Justice Advanced Trial Advocacy College: Truck Collision Case Litigation. Dallas, TX, October 8, 2015
- New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Convention in Atlantic City, NJ, April 30, 2015: “Discovery Issues in Tractor Trailer Litigation”
- Kentucky Justice Association, “How To Litigate That Big Truck Case”
- AAJ, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, “Why a Truck Collision Case Must Be Handled Differently Than an Auto Collision Case”
- AAJ, Seattle, WA, “Discovery in a Tractor-Trailer Case”
- AAJ, Las Vegas, NV, “Cross-Examining Defense Experts”
- St. Louis, MO, “Violations as a Path to Justice”
- Nashville, Tennessee and Lexington, KY, “Early Discovery in Interstate Trucking Litigation Cases”
- Atlanta, GA, “Spoliation of the Log Books – How Trucking Companies Try to Hide the Truth”
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America Super Summit, St. Louis, MO, “Discovery in a Trucking Litigation Case”
- “The Shell Game, The Deep Dive, The Payoff: Uncovering All the Parties and Finding Hours of-Service and Other Violations to Pursue Punitive Damages.” Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention, Columbus, OH, May 6, 2016
- “Preparing for Major Truck Injury Cases,” Melvin M. Belli Seminar, MD July 25, 2014
- Kentucky Association for Justice, “Corporate Representative Deposition in Truck Cases,” Covington, KY
- American Association for Justice Annual Convention, San Francisco, CA, “Investigating Truck Crashes,”
- New Jersey Association for Justice, “Investigating Evidence Exhibits in Truck Cases,” Atlantic City, NJ
- “Discovery in Trucking Cases,” American Association for Justice, Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- “The Butcher, The Baker, and The Candlestick Maker: Persuading the Jury in Tractor Trailer Cases,” American Association for Justice, Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Seminar, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- “Review & Update: All the Latest Regarding Federal regulations,” American Association for justice Litigating Trucking Seminar, Las Vegas, NV
- Presenter, “Unique Discovery Issues in Trucking Cases – Not your Daddy’s Deposition,” American Association for Justice Interstate Trucking Litigation Group Seminar, San Francisco, CA
Were you injured in a truck accident?
We will have a team of the country’s top lawyers review your case entirely for free, and you will never have to pay anything up front or out of pocket.
Truck Accident Questions and Answers
Q: What can I do to protect myself after an accident with a big truck or tractor-trailer?
A: Trucking companies have virtually unlimited resources, including teams of lawyers and experts who are prepared to fight against any lawsuit you may file as a result of an accident—regardless of how injured you are. If you have been hit by a truck, the best way to protect yourself is to contact an experienced truck accident attorney who will defend your rights and ensure that you are fairly compensated.
Q: What should I do at the scene of a truck accident?
A: While you are at the scene of the accident, you should:
- Remain calm and stay in your vehicle (unless it’s too dangerous to do so)
- Turn on your hazard lights
- Call 911, even if your accident seems minor
- Seek medical attention for any injured drivers or passengers
- Do not move the vehicles until the police arrive, unless absolutely necessary
- Never leave the scene of an accident
- Write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of all parties involved, including any witnesses
- Write down the names and badge numbers of any police officers that are investigating the accident
- Photograph the vehicles and any injuries sustained by you or your passengers
- Do not admit fault
- Immediately notify your own insurance company of the accident
Do not discuss the accident with anyone except the police or your own insurance agent or representative; you are not required to give a statement to anyone but the police and your insurance company
Q: What should I do if someone from the trucking company calls me before I’ve picked a truck accident lawyer?
A: Do not agree to make a recorded statement to the trucking company’s insurance carrier – you are not obligated to speak with them. Do not sign any forms sent to you by the trucking company and their insurance carrier. Immediately contact an experienced trucking lawyer at Munley Law.
Q: What should I do in the days following a truck accident?
A: Here are the steps you should take:
- Obtain a copy of the accident report prepared by the police
- Obtain a property damage valuation from your insurance company
- Write down all visits with doctors and other healthcare providers and keep a journal of any symptoms or pain you experience. Also, get copies of all test results, medications, treatments, and any other relevant medical information
- Keep a detailed list of any out-of-pocket expenses you incur
- Record days of missed work or other activities in which you were unable to participate
- Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance carrier unless you have consulted with a lawyer
Q: Who can be sued in a truck accident case?
A: In a truck or tractor trailer accident case, the truck driver, trucking company, or owner of the truck/trailer can typically be liable. In some cases, however, the facility responsible for loading the truck, or even the entity responsible for the contents of the trailer can be liable as well. Each case is unique, so the best way to determine the course of action you should take is by speaking with a lawyer. That is why we offer free consultations to our potential clients.
Q: How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a truck accident?
A: In most cases in Pennsylvania and most other states, the statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accidents. But, in any case, it is best to contact an attorney as soon as possible following an accident. The investigation of your case is crucial, and it becomes increasingly difficult to obtain vital information as time goes on. Important pieces of evidence regarding vehicle safety standards and driver logs can be lost or destroyed. The trucking company will have its own team of investigators and experts on the scene of the crash in order to build their defense. You will need someone on your side to do the same. We will take witness statements and photographs, and work with accident reconstruction experts as well as medical experts to build your case. It is best if we can get to work as soon as possible.
Q: How much will it cost to hire an attorney?
A: At Munley Law, we work on an contingent fee basis. This means that we do not collect a fee (a portion of the benefits obtained) unless we win your case. We will not get paid until you get paid, and you will owe us nothing up-front or out of your own pocket.